Here is one more company that might hire you over the Valentine's Day holiday to take flower orders and help customers — Teleflora. Two other companies you might also want to check out are Blooms Today and 1-800-Flowers.
I believe there are people who work from home for Teleflora year round, but this review focuses on the seasonal positions. The busy, flower-ordering seasons for Teleflora are Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, and Christmas.
How much does Teleflora pay?
They no longer list pay rates in their hiring materials, but in the past you could earn between $8 and $11 an hour plus commission. Based on a quick inspection of their Glassdoor reviews, those numbers still appear to be roughly accurate.
The training (paid) lasts approximately 16 hours. The rate for training is the equivalent of your state's minimum wage.
What are the requirements to apply?
You must be legally eligible to work in the US and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
They prefer if you've done customer service work over the phone before, but it's not a requirement. You also need to be computer literate, a good multi-tasker, and be able to work well with no supervision.
A pleasant phone demeanor with the ability to handle customer conflict and troubleshoot issues is also a must.
In addition, you must submit to a background check before you are hired, and of course being able to provide a quiet background while you work is an absolute necessity. This is typical of most work at home jobs requiring a phone.
What are the technical requirements at Teleflora?
Before you start training:
- Computer must be ‘hard-wired’ to modem or router, no wireless connections.
- Corded Telephone headset with noise-canceling microphone that plugs into a corded landline telephone for production calls. Mute button and volume control required either on headset or phone (here's a list of good headsets to consider).
Before actually beginning work:
- High Speed Internet: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- Analog landline phone line (No cell phones, digital or VoIP, some cable companies ok)
- Teleflora supports Windows XP, Windows Vista Basic, Windows Vista Premium/Business/Ultimate, and Windows 7.
- In addition 2 GB RAM is required.
What is scheduling like with Teleflora?
Your schedule may not always be the same week to week. You most definitely will have to work holidays if one falls on a regular scheduled work day seeing as how that is when Teleflora is busiest.
What is the feedback on Teleflora?
I have not found anything negative so far about the work from home customer service rep positions with Teleflora. People do seem to like the work and there are also many who seem very excited about the prospect of being hired for the seasonal positions.
I think that there are some people who are hired to work on a temporary basis that end up working for Teleflora for longer than originally scheduled.
How do you apply?
To go ahead and start your application process for Teleflora, you'll need to go here and submit your resume.
You may get to take an assessment test and if you pass that, they will probably contact you to submit to the background check. Good luck if you decide to go for this! Note they may or may not be hiring at this time.
Here is a big list of more work at home seasonal jobs if you'd like more seasonal work!
BONUS – Get My Work at Home E-Book Bundle For Just $5 Right Now (8 E-Books Total)
If you are wanting even MORE links to jobs across a ton of categories (virtual assisting, data entry, transcription, and more), you may want to download my work at home e-book bundle.
It includes the following e-books ($1 each if you buy them individually):
- Your Quick Guide to Legit Work From Home Jobs
- Your Quick Guide to Non-Phone Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Data Entry Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a General Transcriber
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a Virtual Assistant
- Your Quick Guide to Taking Paid Surveys For Extra Cash
- Your Quick Guide to Getting FREE Products to Test & Keep
- Your Quick Guide to Making Money as a Mystery Shopper
You will get an email with a link to download the PDF files after your purchase.
Anna Thurman is a work at home blogger and mom of two. She has been researching and reviewing remote jobs for over 13 years. Her findings are published weekly here at Real Ways to Earn.