The following is a list of legit companies that hire people to do work from home involving the use of a phone (customer service, tech support, etc.) broken down by type.
What Types of Phone Jobs Are There?
Does Phone Work Require Past Experience?
The short answer is – some do, some don’t.
Phone jobs are actually some of the easiest to get in a lot of cases because many of them don’t require any experience, and some don’t even have education requirements. But it really depends on the company.
For example, you’ll find quite a few customer service jobs in the list below that will only hire people with a year (or more) of prior experience, while others will hire almost anybody and give them a chance.
In a lot of cases, the better paying positions do require some degree of experience, so this is a field where you might want to work your way up the ladder over time, starting off with the opportunities that have the least strenuous requirements, and building up your resume to get better gigs in the future.
What Equipment Do You Usually Need To Do This Work?
Most of these companies will require that you have a headset for making and/or taking calls, so be sure to check out this list of good, affordable headsets you can buy for work from home phone jobs.
List of Over 100 Work at Home Phone Jobs
- ACD Direct – Read Review – US only, not hiring people living in Delaware, Massachusetts, Wyoming, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Louisiana. Very flexible scheduling!
- Afni@Home – Hires work at home agents in specific states to do customer support for their clients.
- Alorica – Hires people to be customer support/retention agents from home. Some sales or upselling may be required. On the job search page, select one of the “work from home” locations to see if there are any home-based jobs available.
- Amazon – Read Review – Regularly hires virtual customer service agents in various states nationwide. Do a search for “work at home” in the keyword field to find the home-based jobs.
- American Airlines – Hires work at home reservation agents living within 75 miles of Fort Worth, Texas. Do a search in the keyword field for “work from home” to find the home-based job listings. They are not always hiring for the position.
- American Express – Read Review – American Express occasionally has work from home customer service positions available. High pay.
- Answer First – Read Review – Location-based phone work from home (Tampa Bay area residents). Pay may vary, between $12 and $14 hourly based on your experience.
- Asurion – Read Review – US only and limited to certain states. $10 to $12 per hour.
- Blooms Today – Read Review – Work at home taking flower orders. Seasonal work. The job is usually advertised on Craigslist when they are hiring.
- Care.com – Hires customer service reps to work from their remote location. However, it is required that you come into their Waltham, MA office for training before working at home. To find home-based jobs at Care.com, visit their employment page and search for work from home in the keyword box.
- Concentrix – Read Review – This is a major staffing company that hires worldwide. However, it appears most of their home-based jobs are in the US.
- Contract XChange – Read Review – Hires in several different countries, including the US, UK, Canada, France, and Dominica. Work taking calls for many major companies. Fees involved for training. Not hiring in many US states due to tax laws.
- Convergys – Read Review – Pay is somewhere between $7 and $12 an hour. Hires from US, Canada, and UK.
- Cruise.com – Read Review – Requires at least one year of recent cruise sales experience. Answer incoming calls & help customers w/questions, etc. Pays base plus there are incentives.
- Deal Dash – Regularly has openings work from home customer support reps. However, you must be based in Minneapolis, MN so you can attend frequent in-person meetings.
- Direct Interactions – Read Review – Get paid to handle calls from motorists with unpaid parking tickets.
- Groupon – This popular deal-a-day company frequently has work from home customer service openings. However, it is usually a location-based position. It's not always open, so you'll have to check the careers page to see when it is.
- Hilton Worldwide – Read Review – This well-known hotel chain uses work from home reservation specialists, customer care coordinators, and customer experience specialists. Customer service reps must live near Dallas, TX to train onsite, but reservation reps can be located almost anywhere in the US because training for that job is done virtually.
- Home Shopping Network (HSN) – Read Review – Take orders for HSN, answer questions, etc.
- Hubspot – Read Review – Has regular openings for work at home customer service reps. Great benefits. Also open to multiple countries.
- JetBlue – Hires work from home airline reservationists. You must train onsite before being allowed to work from home. Must be based in Utah.
- Kelly Services – Read Review – Must have dedicated phone land-line, high school diploma or GED, and be able to provide a quiet working background.
- Live Ops – Read Review – US only and paid per talk minute. You are hired as an independent contractor and paid twice a month.
- NexRep – Read Review – Formerly known as Stewart Response Group. Calls routed through computer, no land line needed. Both sales and non-sales positions at times.
- Sitel – Read Review – Take inbound customer service calls for Sitel. Benefits provided.
- Sutherland – Read Review – Hiring customer service, sales, and technical support representatives in 48 states. Paid training, employee benefits, and career growth opportunities exist.
- Sykes – Read Review – Phone based customer service. Hires in both US & Canada.
- Teleflora – Read Review – Work from home taking flower orders and helping with customer concerns. Usually seasonal work.
- Unum – Read Unum Review – US. Work at home handing insurance related calls. Hires people from different time zones.
- Upcall – Read Upcall Review – A new company currently hiring callers. Pays weekly.
- Ver-A-Fast – US only. Pay varies. You are contacting people who have subscribed to newspapers to find out how satisfied they are with services. Also some sales/upselling.
- VIPdesk Connect – Read VIPdesk Connect Review – Regularly hiring customer support agents for various brands. Jobs generally for people based in the US.
- The Womb Sauna – A company that provides a mobile service offering ancient herbal steam medication to women who need it. Their careers page occasionally has work from home positions listed for customer retention and also virtual admin assistants.
- Working Solutions – Read Review – Phone workers are normally in US, but occasionally hires outside of the country for other work. Also has some data entry available on occasion.
- World Travel Holdings – Read Review – As a virtual agent at WTH you will primarily handle inbound calls from the customers of WTH's company owned and partner labeled brands.
Telemarketing, Sales, Lead Generation:
- A Better Call – Requires 2 years experience in business to business appointment setting. Compensation is base plus bonus.
- Advise Tech – Only work 2 to 6 hours per week.
- Bird Dog Media/Windy City Call Center – Work from home lead generation for education. Hires in IL, or IN. Pay is $9 hourly.
- Blue Zebra Appointment Setting – Read Review – Pays $15 an hour and up. Need two years previous experience.
- Brighten Communications – Read Review – Business to business telemarketing. Earn up to $16 per hour while working from home.
- Cruise.com – Hires home-based cruise sales agents on occasion. Pays base plus commission.
- eTutor World – Hires remote sales associates to work from home anywhere in the US.
- Generation Sales Group – Cold calling. You earn $12 hourly. No land line is needed.
- Grindstone – $12 an hour, no weekend work.
- Happy Conversations – Occasionally hiring outbound sales reps to work at home in different states. Outbound calling, but not focused on cold calling or sales.
- I Dial U – Read Review – Regularly hiring work at home customer service agents. They are open worldwide, although most of their projects must be handled by US-based workers. Pays by direct deposit twice monthly. Income will vary depending on the project you are assigned to.
- Institute of Reading Development – Read Review – Sign up to work at home, selling reading programs to parents. Between $500 to $1,000 per week may be possible.
- Intelliverse – Hires outbound phone sales associates. Pays $10 to $14 hourly plus commission. Requires two years past sales experience.
- MarketLinc – Read Review – Phone sales position. You can work as an employee or IC. Employees receive base pay plus commission while IC's receive solely commission.
- NexRep – Read Review – Formerly known as Stewart Response Group. You have to buy a manual from them if hired, either $25 or $50. Legit company. Calls routed through computer, no land line needed. Both sales and non-sales positions at times.
- Next Level Solutions – Outbound calling. Minimum 20 hours per week availability.
- Paragon Planners – Read Review – They hire home-based appointment setters/schedulers. All positions are on a full- or part-time contract basis.
- Phone Force – Invites you to join their team of outbound calling specialists providing premium business to business lead generation and telemarketing services. Submit resume via email.
- Sales Fish – Requires 5 years inside sales experience calling on B2B customers. Must agree to work 25 hours per week.
- Sales Roads – The appointment setter & lead generation positions are work from home independent contractor opportunities where you can schedule flexible hours and work out of your home office.
- Synergy Solutions – Inbound and outbound customer support calling, also some sales and political calling.
- TeleReach – Only hiring in certain states. Part-time or full-time. Must have at least one year of verifiable telemarketing experience.
- The Appointment Biz – Make outbound appointment calls. Must have at least five years of past experience. Note: this company doesn't seem to hire very often and they appear to be a fairly small operation, so it might be tough to get on here. As of 12/27/20 they didn't seem to have any positions available.
- Think Direct – Hires home agent sales associates for incoming calls regarding magazine subscriptions.
- Welcome Wagon – Read Review – Sell Welcome Wagon's services to various businesses in your local area. Involves some travel.
Looking for only sales jobs that pay base plus commission? Here's a list.
- 2U – Read Review – This company regularly hires for tech support for their cloud-based online learning system for colleges.
- Accolade Support – Read Review – US only. Pays $7.25 to $9 per hour. Pay is weekly and scheduling is fairly flexible. Handles a variety of different calls, including tech support.
- Apple – Read Review – Apple hires people to work at home helping customers with troubleshooting and tech support. They also supply their home-based workers with iMacs to do the job.
- Cloud 10/Transcom – Read Review – US only. Pay is around $9 an hour. Employee position and you are paid for your training. No land line needed. Customer support, sales, and tech support.
- Direct Interactions – Read Review – Get paid to handle calls from motorists with unpaid parking tickets. May occasionally have some tech support openings.
- Grindstone – $12 an hour, no weekend work. Mostly sales calls with occasional tech support openings, too.
- OneSupport – Read Review – Work at home providing tech support for teleNetwork. No land line needed, they install a soft phone on your computer.
- Support.com – Read Review – US only. Employee position with benefits. Work from home helping customers with technical issues.
- Sutherland – Read Review – Hiring in US and some provinces of Canada. Tech support & tax support work.
- Teleperformance – Read Review – Take inbound calls from customers needing technical computer support from the comforts of your home. It is preferred that you've had at least six months prior customer service experience. Background check & drug screen required.
- Teletech – Read Review – Customer support phone work and tech support openings available in select locations from home worldwide. You can use land line or Voip as long as Voip isn't connected through the internet.
- Working Solutions – Read Review – Phone workers are normally in US, but occasionally hires outside of the country for other work. Also has some data entry available on occasion. Handles all kinds of calls, including customer service, tech support, sales, and market research.
Miscellaneous Phone Work:
- Aira – Read Aira Review – Work at home doing voice chats with the blind and visually impaired to help them complete day to day tasks. US only. Pay may be around $15 hourly. Flexible.
- Aspira – Read Review – Hires seasonal workers to take reservations for sports organizations. Pays $8.25 an hour and the work runs from May through September. All inbound calling.
- Apptical – Read Review – You get paid per minute and also a flat rate per call. Job involves conducting surveys over the phone for people who have applied for health insurance.
- BSG/Voicelog – Read Review – Get paid to work at home doing third party verification. Pay starts at $8.50 an hour. Independent contractor position.
- Causeworx – Read Review – Hires work from home telefundraisers. Hires in Canada only. You can earn between $11 and $14 hourly.
- Customer Service Review – Seeking individuals who can evaluate customer service representatives' performance. Prior customer service, call monitoring, or mystery shopping experience preferred. They prefer applicants that live within 15 miles of Berwyn, PA.
- OnPoint – Read Review – OnPoint is a no sales job and they offer weekly pay. You are paid per hour and you can set your own schedule.
- EXL – Hires work at home phone insurance auditors. Must have some experience and a related degree.
- Westat – Read Review – Weekly pay with benefits. Must work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- GoodStart U – Read Review – Make outbound calls. Medication reminders for people who have signed up for the service.
- Next Wave Advocacy – Read Review – Conducting interviews over the phone. Outbound calling.
- ParaMeds – Read Review – Work at home doing data retrieval among other things for Parameds. Outbound calling.
- Quest Diagnostics – Occasionally hiring part-time work from home teleinterviewers to gather information from patients. Must be located in the Kansas City Metropolitan area within commuting distance of our Lees Summit location so you can train onsite for 6-8 weeks before starting work at home. To find this position, search “Teleinterviewer” on the job search page for Quest Diagnostics.
- TelCare Retention Services – Read TelCare Review – Work at home conducting customer satisfaction surveys. Must train in Florida.
Looking For More Phone Jobs?
If that list wasn't enough, I'd also recommend signing up for a membership at FlexJobs and browsing their leads, which are all guaranteed to be scam-free. They post work at home phone jobs (and other types of work at home jobs) about five days per week. You can currently get 30 percent off your membership with promo code AFFILPROMO.