Do you consider yourself a natural born sales person? Do you like working with parents and children? Do you believe in the power of knowledge and reading? Then maybe a sales position at the Institute of Reading Development is what you are looking for.
What Is Institute of Reading Development?
The Institute of Reading Development has long held the mission of helping to make children strong readers with a lifelong love of reading.
While the position is considered a sales position, you will be considered an “enrollment coordinator”.
This entails being knowledgeable about all the reading programs that the school offers. Then you need to be able to match the parent's concerns to the right program for their child. In short summary, this is a work-at-home phone sales job.
What Are the Requirements to Work the Sales Position at Institute of Reading Development?
Outside of a quiet work environment, you will need:
- a computer with Microsoft Windows or a Mac with OS 10.9 or higher.
- 2 GB of RAM+ installed on the computer.
- a dual core processor with a speed at least 1.8GHZ.
- an up-to-date virus protection and malware protection installed.
- a broadband connection with cable or DSL, no wireless.
- an upload and download speed of 1.3 Mbps.
- a USB headset with microphone.
What Are the Training and Hours Like for the Sales Position?
Training is paid and takes between 7 to 10 days for the full application process.
Inbound calls are taken from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Sunday PDS. So, you basically can set and work anything within those time periods.
What is the Pay for this Position?
The Institute of Reading Development claims that you can make $500 to $1,000 a week working almost full-time. This is an independent contractor position.
What Do Others Say About Working For the Institute of Reading Development?
There are a few videos and testimonials on their website of enrollment coordinators talking about their working experience. The latest Glassdoor reviews showed them at 3.5 out of 5 stars, which is considered a good rating.
How Do Interested Individuals Apply to the Sales Position/Enrollment Coordinator Position at the Institute of Reading Development?
Go here to get started, answer a few questions and take a speed test for your computer. The whole process should take about 20 minutes. If someone there is interested in you, you will be contacted for a telephone interview.
BONUS – Get My Work at Home E-Book Bundle For Just $5 Right Now (8 E-Books Total)
If you are wanting even MORE links to jobs across a ton of categories (virtual assisting, data entry, transcription, and more), you may want to download my work at home e-book bundle.
It includes the following e-books ($1 each if you buy them individually):
- Your Quick Guide to Legit Work From Home Jobs
- Your Quick Guide to Non-Phone Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Data Entry Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a General Transcriber
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a Virtual Assistant
- Your Quick Guide to Taking Paid Surveys For Extra Cash
- Your Quick Guide to Getting FREE Products to Test & Keep
- Your Quick Guide to Making Money as a Mystery Shopper
You will get an email with a link to download the PDF files after your purchase.
Leisa Good has worked in the corporate world as well as side hustled and operated a virtual assistant business full-time since 2006.. She wrote the eBook on that one! She is also a PFYP certified career coach and the owner of the blog, Powerfully Purposed For Success. She empowers folks 50-ish to find fun, flexible, and financially rewarding work both now and into retirement. However, this time it will be work/life on their terms.