Are you an experienced cruise industry professional? Are you someone who really enjoys and excels at customer service jobs? Are you ready to work from home as an employee with benefits instead of an independent contractor? Then becoming a cruise customer service agent at Cruise.com might be of interest to you.
What Exactly is Cruise.com?
As its name so obviously implies, Cruise.com is a travel-based website where potential travelers come to get the best prices on cruises and cruise packages. It is similar to Priceline.com or Travelocity, but with only cruises offered instead of other means of travel or vacationing.
Cruise's packages also include specialty cruises such as wedding cruises or wine cruises. Travelers are able to choose their ports and their cruises to get a price or put their information into the search engines to receive a quote.
What Does the Cruise Customer Service Agent Do at Cruise.com?
The cruise customer service agent is responsible for:
- making an effort to build rapport with customers.
- looking up and confirming customer’s cruise information.
- answering any cruise-related questions.
- troubleshooting any travel-related problems.
- helping customers decide upon their cruise package.
- multitasking and managing time and scheduled meetings.
What Are the Skills Required to Be a Customer Service Agent at Cruise.com?
The customer service agent should be:
- skilled and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- able to resolve basic computer problems at home.
- someone with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- experienced with at least one year of cruise industry experience.
What is Training Like at Cruise.com?
Training is paid, web-based, and lasts for three weeks. The training times are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
What Are Some of the Computer Requirements to Work This Position at Cruise.com?
The computer requirements are not fully spelled out, but what I have been able to gather is:
- to have a PC or laptop and telephone located in a quiet part of the house.
- to have a noise-canceling headset for your dedicated landline phone.
- to have high-speed Internet connection.
Both the phone and computer should be hardwired. And of course, you would want anti-virus and malware protection updated and operating on your computer.
What Are the Hours at Cruise.com Lines For This Position?
The hours appear to be Monday through Friday during regular business hours. This would be in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee at Cruise.com?
For this position, you are an employee with a benefits package. The benefits are, but are not limited to:
- healthcare and dental plan.
- a 401(k) plan.
- paid time off with sick time and holiday pay.
- discounted rates on travel.
What is the Pay Like at Cruise.com?
While they really don’t discuss salary anywhere on their website, it is hourly plus commission. From what I have gathered it seems that it is $10 to $11 an hour. Hours will fluctuate with the industry as well as busier travel times during the year.
One online review did complain that hours were severely cut.
How Can an Interested Individual Apply for the Cruise Customer Service Position at Cruise.com?
All interested individuals with at least one year’s worth of experience of cruise industry experience should check this page for openings.
Also check out the other home-based jobs that are available.
BONUS – Get My Work at Home E-Book Bundle For Just $5 Right Now (8 E-Books Total)
If you are wanting even MORE links to jobs across a ton of categories (virtual assisting, data entry, transcription, and more), you may want to download my work at home e-book bundle.
It includes the following e-books ($1 each if you buy them individually):
- Your Quick Guide to Legit Work From Home Jobs
- Your Quick Guide to Non-Phone Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Data Entry Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a General Transcriber
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a Virtual Assistant
- Your Quick Guide to Taking Paid Surveys For Extra Cash
- Your Quick Guide to Getting FREE Products to Test & Keep
- Your Quick Guide to Making Money as a Mystery Shopper
You will get an email with a link to download the PDF files after your purchase.
Leisa Good has worked in the corporate world as well as side hustled and operated a virtual assistant business full-time since 2006.. She wrote the eBook on that one! She is also a PFYP certified career coach and the owner of the blog, Powerfully Purposed For Success. She empowers folks 50-ish to find fun, flexible, and financially rewarding work both now and into retirement. However, this time it will be work/life on their terms.