Virtual assistant jobs can often be fun and interesting. You never know what you may be doing. Ultimately, your tasks will depend on the client/company you work for. Some things may include customer service, social media, writing, data entry, or even research.
The following is a list of 21 companies that hire remote virtual assistants. Please be advised some of the companies on this list are hiring now, and some do not have openings.
If a company is listed here, it just means they have had openings in the past, not necessarily that they have openings right now. So, we suggest keeping tabs if a company interests you but does not appear to be hiring now.
Also, keep in mind that while you may be able to work for any of the companies below, the most profitable route is usually to go into business for yourself, offering whatever services you specialize in, and setting your own rates. More on that in my e-book, Your Quick Guide to Working From Home as a Virtual Assistant. This book also contains a larger list of virtual assistant companies that frequently hire (50 total).
21 Legitimate Virtual Assistant Jobs
- 99 Dollar Social – This company hires remote VA's to update social media accounts for their clients. Pay will vary, but is on average around $12 hourly.
- Contemporary Virtual Assistance – Read Contemporary VA Review – Occasionally has openings for virtual assistants. You must be available to work during normal business hours. They also sometimes hire bookkeepers to work at home.
- Belay – Read Belay Review – This company prefers you have a bachelor's degree and preferably at least five year's past experience.
- Equivity – Read Equivity Review – Hires work at home VA's with bachelor's degrees. Only a laptop and smartphone are needed.
- Fancy Hands – Read Fancy Hands Review – Tasks range from $1 to $5 each to start and go up from there.
- Firegang – US. A dental marketing company that regularly has a part-time virtual assistant position open.
- GabbyVille – They hire home-based virtual receptionists. However, the job info is not pasted on their home page. If you are interested in working for them, you can send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NS Virtual Services – This is a Canadian company occasionally on the lookout for virtual assistants.
- Paragon Planners – Read Paragon Planners Review – Handle scheduling and other tasks for clients in the financial wholesaling industry.
- Perssist – Regularly hiring personal assistants to work at home. Does not list location or educational requirements, but does say you must be comfortable with technology and highly proficient with the internet as a work tool.
- Team Delegate – You can do virtual assisting for this company as an independent contractor. Some of your duties once hired may involve calendar management, arranging travel, creating PowerPoint presentations, and taking meeting minutes.
- The Admin Center – Based in Idaho and they do require that applicants reside near Boise. They have occasional openings for virtual receptionists.
- Time Etc. – Read Time, Etc. Review – US and UK only. Pays virtual assistants hourly for their work. The exact rate of pay will vary depending on your prior experience, but the range is $11 to $16 hourly.
- VA Sumo – Hires remote personal assistants to help clients with a variety of tasks, including writing, transcription, graphic design, social media, and more. Details for applying are in lower right-hand corner of Va Sumo's homepage.
- Vicky Virtual – US only. Work from home as a virtual receptionist for Vicky Virtual. Pays $9.25 hourly.
- Boldly (formerly Worldwide101) – Read Worldwide 101 – Boldly Review – Hires virtual assistants to work from home. They appear to hire in the UK as well as the US.
- Zirtual – Hires US based virtual assistants to work at home. Must have an associate's degree or higher and at least four years of admin experience to qualify.
- Trusty Oak – Hires US based virtual assistants to work at home. Hiring process is lengthy and can take quite a while. They pay every week via direct deposit.
- Smith.ai – Read Smith.ai Review – Regularly hires virtual assistants and receptionists. Must have great communication skills and be able to type at least 40 wpm. Starting pay is $10 per hour, and benefits include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
- Profit Factory – US or Canada. Recruits virtual assistants for various clients. Requirements typically include strong customer service skills and experience with the following tools – Google Suite, Google Calendar, Basecamp. Job is listed at the top of the page under “Streamline”. Pay is $20 / hour and requires 10 to 20 hours per week.
- We list more companies in our weekly work at home newsletters as we find them!
50 MORE Legitimate Companies That Hire Virtual Assistants!
As a virtual assistant, you can work for yourself or someone else. My e-book, Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a Virtual Assistant, goes into detail on both routes. It also gives you links to 50 verified legitimate, researched companies that hire work at home virtual assistants!
In addition to directing you exactly where to get started, you'll also learn important details like how much you could earn, some tools you may need if you plan to run your own business, and how to decide if you're better off working for a company or going into business for yourself.
I hope it helps you if you are very interested in the virtual assistant career path as a work at home job.