Are you gifted with a camera? Images are always in demand!
This page has a ton of ways you can earn money using your camera — even if all you have is a smartphone. And no, you don't necessarily have to be an expert to begin earning.
Even novice photographers can use some of these sites/companies to begin earning an income.
- 123 Royalty Free – Upload your photographs. If they are purchased by customers of 123 Royalty Free, you will receive 60 percent of the sale price or subscription download price.
- Adobe Stock – Formerly Fotilia. For every file sold, you will receive a royalty payout based on your portfolio exclusivity and ranking.
- Big Stock Photo – For Pay As You Go purchases we pay you 30% of the US dollar price every time a customer downloads one of your images (up to $29.70 for an extended license). For purchases made using credits we pay $0.50 USD for each credit spent.
- Can Stock Photo – Every time one of your images is downloaded you will earn a commission. Also, if you refer another photographer to us, you will earn $5 USD for every 50 photos they sell.
- CreStock – Earn royalties on your uploaded images. Your royalty rate is calculated on a progressive scale, based on your total number of images sold since joining Crestock.
- Deposit Photo – Pay is dependent on author level.
- Dreamstime – Sell your stock images and get 25 to 60 percent of each sale you make. Anyone can sign up, but only quality photos are accepted.
- Getty Images – They pay contributors a base royalty rate for each file downloaded, but the exact amount isn't specified. If you are an Exclusive contributor you can earn more, but you can't submit work to any other photo sites, which might be a problem for some.
- Shutterstock – Make your creativity shine at Shutterstock and watch your earnings grow. Get your work seen by the high-volume buyers who prefer Shutterstock. It's free to contribute and you'll earn $0.25 to $28.00 per image download.
- Foap – Sell your iPhone images and split the profits with Foap. Pays with Paypal once per month, but you must request a cash out to get paid.
- Scoopshot – Pick up photography assignments via this app and get paid.
- Snapwire – Read Review – The anti-stock photo site may pay you for your authentic smartphone pics.
Sell Them Online
- Fine Art America – Set your own prices to sell your original art and photography to Fine Art America.
- Etsy – Etsy is a huge marketplace for handmade items and crafts, but you can sell your photos and art there, too.
- Ebay – Many people do sell photos on Ebay. Street Directory has some good information on how that works.
Other Freelance Photography
- Airbnb – Hires freelance photographers worldwide. If hired, you'll cover your local region.
- Obeo – Read Obeo Review – Obeo is always looking for experienced or amateur photographers to photograph homes for sale.
Start a Side Business
If you are good enough, you can get paid to take professional-looking for others for a variety of different occasions and events, including:
- Family photos
- Senior photos
- Graduation photos
- Boudoir photos
“Start a Successful Photography Business in 34 Days” is an e-book available on Amazon (Kindle or paperback) that can help you get going.
Enter Photography Competitions
There are a number of photography competitions going on all the time! While this is not a guarantee of pay, if you are good enough, you could still end up with some money.
Amateur Photography has an extensive list here of different ongoing photography competitions.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do!
BONUS – Get My Work at Home E-Book Bundle For Just $5 Right Now (8 E-Books Total)
If you are wanting even MORE links to jobs across a ton of categories (virtual assisting, data entry, transcription, and more), you may want to download my work at home e-book bundle.
It includes the following e-books ($1 each if you buy them individually):
- Your Quick Guide to Legit Work From Home Jobs
- Your Quick Guide to Non-Phone Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Data Entry Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a General Transcriber
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a Virtual Assistant
- Your Quick Guide to Taking Paid Surveys For Extra Cash
- Your Quick Guide to Getting FREE Products to Test & Keep
- Your Quick Guide to Making Money as a Mystery Shopper
You will get an email with a link to download the PDF files after your purchase.
Anna Thurman is a work at home blogger and mom of two. She has been researching and reviewing remote jobs for over 13 years. Her findings are published weekly here at Real Ways to Earn.