About Face is a mystery shopping company recommended on the mystery shopping post here that was written by one of the followers of this blog. They are a reputable company to sign up for shops with.
While it is true that making a living doing mystery shopping is not realistic, I think participating in shops for several different companies is smart in terms of earning potential.
Curious about what mystery shopping is and how it works? Here is a highly-rated beginner's guide.
Below, I've shared some more details on About Face.
About Face Requirements
- 18 years old or older
- Must agree to be an Independent Contractor for About Face
- They will need your social security number when you sign up. This is normal. Most mystery shopping companies are going to ask you for this. If you are uncomfortable supplying that info online, you should contact them to find out if you can get your application to them another way.
About Face Payment
- Payment is made through Paypal only.
- The amount you earn varies from shop to shop. Some pay more while others pay less. I read a blog post where someone reported. This company's shops usually pay between $25 or $45.
- You will receive payment 45 days from the date you did your shop.
Other Things Worthy of Mention
- You will occasionally receive emails notifying you of shops available in your area. Obviously your location will have a lot of bearing on how many invitations you get.
- You can also log in to your account and check the job board to search for shops.
- Another good way to find out about shops is to follow the company on Facebook.
- Whether or not you can take your children or other people along with you on shops varies. Some clients are OK with it, some are not.
Tips for Success With About Face
- Send very detailed reports.
- Try to keep spelling/grammatical errors to a minimum.
- Stick to the facts and avoid fluff/opinion.
- Don't be a no show! About Face — and other mystery shopping companies — seriously frown on people who sign up for shops and then fail to follow through with them. If you can't do a shop, you should contact them to let them know in advance so they can find someone else to do it.
What Others Say
Would you like to apply to be a shopper for About Face?
Go here to sign up. Good luck, and comment below to share your own experiences with the company!