There are many companies that offer work from home positions in the medical field. You can do everything from medical coding jobs, billing, telephone triage, and case management.
- Carenet – Hires registered nurses to work from home as “care advisors.”
- FoneMed – If you are registered nurse, you can work remotely from home doing telephone triage for patients at FoneMed. This is an employee position offering hourly pay and several benefits.
- Nemours – Occasionally hiring for work at home telephone triage.
- PFL Biotech – Has occasional openings for night nurses to work at home. Must have a minimum 2-year degree in the medical field and active nurse license (or higher medical license). RN or higher preferred. Neurology experience background a plus
- Triage 4 Pediatrics – Hires home-based telephone triage nurses. Must have a Texas RN license.
- United Health Group – Sometimes has work from home openings for telephonic health coaches (among other openings). Note that this job is not always open.
- Wellpoint – Occasionally hiring experienced RN's to do telephone triage from home. Search “work from home” in the keyword box to see if they have any work from home positions open.
- Aetna – Hires work from home nurse case managers regularly. Search job openings and use “work from home” or “remote” in the keywords box to find the home-based jobs. Even though some of these positions are work from home, you may still have to live in a certain area to be considered.
- American International Group (AIG) – Hires work from home case managers and medical reviewers. You may be required to work onsite for a bit before being allowed to telecommute.
- Cigna – Hires RN's to do case management from home on occasion. Search “work from home” in the keyword field on the main site.
- The Hartford – Often has openings for RN's to do case management from home. Search “remote” in the jobs database to find the home-based work.
- Healthfirst – Hires nurse case managers to work from home. Company is based out of New York.
Telehealth/Call Center Work
- ARO – Hires for telehealth call center work. Calls are outbound. You must be an LPN or RN to be considered.
If you're looking to get training in medical billing/coding, CareerStep is one of the most reputable schools offering certification.
- Conifer Health Solutions – Hires experienced medical coders to work from home. Search “telecommuting” in the job search box to find the remote positions.
- Amphion Medical – Three years experience required.
- Aviacode – Three years experience required as well as certification.
- The Coding Network – Three years experience required as well as certification.
- G2N – Hires work from home medical coders. Must be certified.
- LexiCode – Hires people with certification along with at least two years experience.
- Maxim Health Information – Will hire coders to work from home that have three years experience as well as certification.
- Precyse – Search “All Remote Opportunities” under job listings to find the home coding positions. This one also requires the three years experience and certification.
- Pyramid Healthcare Solutions – Requires two years of coding experience along with certification. Lots of benefits offered by this company.
- Covance – Hires people in the US, Canada, and Europe to be home-based clinical research associates. Visit the jobs database and search “home-based” to find the home jobs.