In this post, we're talking about how to take surveys for money. This is a flexible way to earn extra cash in your spare time!
In case you weren't aware, many survey panels these days are paying in gift cards, not cash. While most of us like gift cards, it's safe to say cash is preferable, am I right?
With that in mind, I came up with a list of 20 ways to take online surveys for money. Every panel on this list has a cash option for payment.
Keep in mind surveys are only good for extra money. You won't break the bank participating in the panels below, but every little bit helps.
20 Ways to Take Surveys For Money
- E-Poll – Of all the paid survey sites, this one is one of the most fun because many are entertainment surveys. They pay in Paypal along with a variety of other options for your responses. You only need $5 (equivalent to 3750 points) to redeem for a Paypal payment.
- Swagbucks – Lots of surveys available, and very easy to get your pay in Paypal cash rather than gift cards (although gift cards are also an option if you prefer that). As of now, 2,500 SB is equal to a $25 Paypal payment.
- Opinion Outpost – You can earn Paypal cash or other rewards for taking surveys. You must have at least $10 (100 points) in your account to request a Paypal payment. Payments are made almost instantly once you cash out.
- YouGov – You can get paid via check, Paypal, or other types of rewards for your responses to their political surveys. $25 in points is required in order to redeem for a payment.
- Pinecone Research – You can earn $3 per survey in cash paid via check or Paypal, and they usually pay within a business day or two. Other rewards also available.
- MySurvey – They will pay you in cash to Paypal once you have $10 in your account. Gift cards are also available. Lots of product testing opportunities with this panel.
- Zap Surveys – This is a mobile survey panel that offers high-paying daily surveys as well as instant cash outs. Plus, they guarantee you'll earn $6 on your first survey. Overall, the reviews are good so far.
- Toluna – Lots and lots of survey opportunities with this panel. They will also pay via Paypal or check, but you must have at least $5 in your account to request pay.
- Ipsos I-Say – Still pays in cash, which you can request via Paypal or Visa pre-paid cards. You need at least $15 in your account to redeem.
- Springboard America – Take surveys and earn cash. You must have at least $20 accumulated to request a Paypal payment.
- Survey Downline – Pays in cash or sweepstakes entries. You can get your money via Paypal.
- Paid Viewpoint – Take legitimate surveys for money with Paid Viewpoint. The surveys are very short and easy. Cash out to Paypal at $15. Also pays very fast, sometimes the same day you request.
- Mindfield Online – Take paid surveys at home for Mindfield and receive cash payments for your time spent. They also have an option for Amazon cash out if you would prefer that. Not always accepting new members.
- OneOpinon – A newer site to take surveys for money, but promising so far. US, can join at 13 or older. While they do pay in points, it is possible to redeem them for Visa debit cards, which operate like cash (can use almost anywhere). You can also redeem points for Paypal cash.
- OpinionSite – Take surveys for money and get paid via mailed check, but you need to have 14,000 points accumulated before you can request it.
- Survey Spot – You can get Paypal cash, with 1000 points ($10) required to redeem.
- Crowdology – Pays in cash to Paypal, they have both US and UK versions of their panel. You need $8 in your account to cash out.
- Quest Mindshare – Pays in cash to Paypal or you can get Amazon codes. Must have at least $12.50 in your account to request a Paypal payment.
- Baker Street Solutions – Pays in Amazon gift cards or cash for surveys you complete. Rarely sends out surveys, but still worth being a part of the panel for when they do.
- Brand Institute – Open worldwide. Pays with Paypal or check.
Things To Know About Taking Online Surveys
Taking surveys for money is fun and rewarding for many people. That said, there are some things to know before you get serious about it.
1. It won't make you rich.
You can't quit your day job with paid surveys. No matter what income claims you see online, the pay is minimal. Most people don't earn more than an extra $50 a month, if that.
2. It can be frustrating.
There is some frustration that goes along with survey-taking. Sometimes you'll disqualify from surveys you attempt. Other times you'll notice you're not getting a lot of surveys. And then sometimes you won't get paid fast. It's not a walk in the park.
3. You need to join more than one panel.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Making even $50 a month usually requires participating in many panels. You need to have surveys for money coming in from different sites on the regular to make it worth your while.
And that wraps up our list! Good luck.