I've definitely come across (and also reviewed some things) that are not very traditional. So I thought this would be a fun post to do since there are so many of them.
Here are 14 unusual ways to make money:
- HealthyWage – Read HealthyWage Review – Get paid to lose weight! Basically you place a bet on yourself to lose a certain amount and win the money if you do. Great motivator!
- Coupon Chief – Read Coupon Chief Review – Find coupon codes & get paid if someone uses what you found.
- National Food Lab – Must live in or near Livermore, CA for this one. Sign up to be a taste tester and get paid to try new foods.
- Enter Sweepstakes – Many people enter sweepstakes as a hobby, and it pays off big-time for them every year. The link I shared will take you to my sweepstakes series that I wrote a few years ago which more or less breaks down how you do this.
- Amusement Advantage – Read Amusement Advantage Review – A company that will pay you to visit amusement/theme parks (like mystery shopping)
- We Go Look – Become a “looker” for We Go Look and get paid to look at things for people (ex. check out a car that's for sale for someone who can't do it or a rental property)
- Vayable – Become a city guide for Vayable and make money showing others what you love about your town
- SBKC – Read SBKC Review – This company will compensate you for your junk mail.
- GoDaddy Auctions – If you're good at coming up with names for websites and businesses, buy them and then “flip” them on GoDaddy Auctions. Clever domain names are often worth a lot of money!
- Flippa – And if you know anything about building websites, you can create “turnkey” sites and then sell them at a profit on Flippa.
- Stylinity – Read Review – This is an app that makes it possible to profit off of all those selfies you may be taking. Share your unique “look” and earn if anyone purchases the items you're wearing.
- Dealspotr – Read Dealspotr Review – Yet another way to get paid for finding and posting deals. I've been a member and can confirm they send your Amazon codes within a few days of your request.
- StitchFix – Read StitchFix Stylist Review – This company has regular openings for work at home stylists, so basically you are getting paid to pick out clothes for other people from your home. Note the positions are location-based, but they appear to be expanding to several different locations.
And if you're looking for more “normal” ways to earn money at home also …
Here are some things to do (or do all 3!).
- Check out my e-book with a list of 150 companies that regularly hire home-based workers.
- Get a membership to FlexJobs, the most trusted job board with flexible and remote work that is guaranteed to be scam-free. Get 30 percent off a membership with promo code AFFILPROMO. I've been a member here for years and I LOVE it!
- Visit my work at home job leads page to see what companies have had work at home openings recently.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do!