Obeo is a respected company that pays freelancers to take photographs of real estate/homes in their local areas.
While the work is not technically all done at home, it would be very flexible! And better yet you do not have to be a professional photographer in order to be considered.
Obeo accepts applications from people worldwide! So this one is not just a U.S. based thing.
What does Obeo do?
Obeo is a company specializing in real estate marketing. They provide interactive virtual tours, real estate photography, online remodeling and redecorating tools and more.
According to their website, their main goals are to help their clients get more listings, sell more homes, and also to help future buyers dream what their future homes will look like.
What do Obeo's photographers do?
If you are accepted as an Obeo photographer, you will get orders from them via email to take pictures of homes in your area. It will be your responsibility to set the appointments to visit listings, take the pictures, then upload the pictures to the Obeo website.
According to the Obeo website, taking the pictures usually doesn't require more than 30 minutes of your time and the process of uploading the photos shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
How does payment work?
You are paid per house you do, and the exact amount you'll get is not set in stone. The payment amounts depends on the type of photography requested and the general market conditions where you live.
Judging by what I've read online, the amount is likely worth the time spent. You can make up to $200 per assignment!
What skill level do you need?
As mentioned above, professional photography skills aren't necessary. The company considers amateurs as well as professional photographers. However, you must supply your own equipment. Digital cameras aren't acceptable.
What equipment do you need?
Obeo requires that you have :
- Have a DSLR Camera that shoots at 16 MP or higher.
- If using a Crop Frame sensor camera they must have a 10-12 MM Lens
- If using a Full Frame Sensor camera, they must have a 17MM Lens
- 18 mm wide angle lens or better
- Off camera external flash
- Cell phone
- High speed internet access
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Dependable and excellent work ethic
If you don't already own the camera equipment needed, you'll have to put a lot of thought into whether or not to purchase it just for this job.
What is the feedback?
The feedback from photographers on Glassdoor is varied. Some enjoy the scheduling flexibility and the interesting nature of the work.
However, others complain that it can become chaotic, reviews are inconsistent, and there is too much driving.
Glassdoor didn't have a ton of reviews, so take it all with a grain of salt. You can read them here for yourself.
How do you apply?
If you're interested, you can start filling out the information on the job application here. Good luck! Please let me know if you have any experience with Obeo in the comments below.
Would you rather go into business for yourself as a photographer?
If that is the case, there's a lot of training out there to help you learn how. And the training in many cases not only teaches you how to market yourself, but also how to improve your existing photography skills. Some even cater to beginners!
Here's a list of a few affordable, highly-rated photography e-courses you can sign up for on Udemy. These are all virtual, making it possible to learn everything you need to know from home.
- Digital Photography For Beginners With DSLR Cameras – a great option if you are 100% new to photography.
- Start a Profitable Wedding Photography Business
- Start an Online Business With Your Photography
Good luck in whatever you choose to pursue.
BONUS – Get My Work at Home E-Book Bundle For Just $5 Right Now (8 E-Books Total)
If you are wanting even MORE links to jobs across a ton of categories (virtual assisting, data entry, transcription, and more), you may want to download my work at home e-book bundle.
It includes the following e-books ($1 each if you buy them individually):
- Your Quick Guide to Legit Work From Home Jobs
- Your Quick Guide to Non-Phone Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Data Entry Jobs From Home
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a General Transcriber
- Your Quick Guide to Working at Home as a Virtual Assistant
- Your Quick Guide to Taking Paid Surveys For Extra Cash
- Your Quick Guide to Getting FREE Products to Test & Keep
- Your Quick Guide to Making Money as a Mystery Shopper
You will get an email with a link to download the PDF files after your purchase.
Anna Thurman is a work at home blogger and mom of two. She has been researching and reviewing remote jobs for over 13 years. Her findings are published weekly here at Real Ways to Earn.