I personally love getting paid with Paypal because I don’t like waiting for checks to arrive, but I know that there are many of you who would prefer not to receive your money electronically and would just like to get a paper check mailed to you. It does seem that the number of companies that still pay by check is starting to dwindle, but there are a handful that still pay that way or at the very least have it as an option.
I’ve had several readers over the last couple of years ask me on occasion what companies will pay them with a check. So here is a list of the ones I know about across a number of different categories. If I come across any others, I will try to add them later on. Please let me know if you know of any I could add as well, or if you know for a fact any of these companies no longer pay by check:
Companies That Still Pay By Check
- Maven – Microconsulting work.
- Englishunt – ESL tutoring.
- Blooms Today – Phone work.
- Language Line – Interpretation over the phone.
- Sedgwick CMS – Filing insurance claims.
- Focus Forward – Transcription.
- Parameds – Records retrieval.
- ARO – Various types of phone work.
- Humanatic – Call reviewing.
- Intelichek – Phone mystery shopping.
- Working Solutions – Phone work.
- Task Rabbit – Running errands and do odd jobs for people.
- A Closer Look – Mystery shopping – not work from home, but many people who work from home also do this because it’s flexible.
- Appen Butler Hill – Search engine evaluation.
- Live Ops – Phone work/customer service.
- NexRep – Phone work/sales and non-sales positions.
- We Go Look – Get paid to go check things out for people.
- AccuTran Global – Transcription.
- Tutor.com – Online tutoring.
- 1-800-Flowers – Seasonal phone work from home.
- BrainMass – Share your academic expertise and earn cash.
- Dollar Stretcher – Writing money-saving articles.
- Voices.com – Voice over work.
- Guru – Freelancer site with tons of different jobs you can bid on.
- oDesk (now Upwork)- Freelancer site where some clients may pay you by check.
- OPK – Work from home telemarketing.
- Pierce-Eislen – Work from home rent surveys/phone work.
- ETS – Test scoring from home.
- Marketforce – Mystery shopping.
- Zintro – Get paid to give your expert advice.
- Online Writing Jobs – freelance writing.
- Perception Strategies – Phone mystery shopping.
- 1NW Contact – Phone work, inbound and outbound.
- Relay Rides – Rent out your car for cash.
- 3 Play Media – Transcription editing from home.
- Live World – moderation from home.
- Verilogue – medical transcription and translation.
- Oasis Marketing Solutions – making political/survey calls.
- Scripted – freelance writing.
- Teleperformance – tech support phone work – cannot confirm they still have a check option, but they used to.
- Contemporary VA – virtual assisting. Pays every other week with a check.
- Brainfuse – work at home tutoring. Pays every two weeks with check or direct deposit.
Surveys Panels, Smartphone Apps, and Extra Money Opps That Pay With a Check
- Checkout 51 – Get paid back for grocery shopping.
- Opinion Site – Survey panel.
- Toluna – Survey panel.
- Pinecone Research – Survey panel.
- Brand Institute – Survey panel.
- Focus Forward – Survey panel.
- American Consumer Opinion – Survey panel.
- Global Test Market – Survey panel.
- Springboard America – Survey panel.
- Ipsos I-Say – Survey panel.
- eCampus – Sell your textbooks.
- Groupon Snap – Paid to buy groceries.
As mentioned above, I probably missed a few and of course, companies change how they do things on a regular basis. I want my info to be as accurate as possible, so please let me know if you know of any others, or if any of the companies above are actually no longer paying via check.
I also want to mention that if you are hesitant to sign up for Paypal, you are really missing out on a lot of good home jobs. Signing up is easy, free, and there are all kinds of options available for you to get the money in your hands once it goes there, including mailed check or bank transfer. I’ve been using Paypal literally for years and love it!