Are transcription jobs some of your favorite work at home opportunities? Do you work well under tight deadlines and can meet or exceed them? Would you like to do transcription on an as-needed basis? Then Daily Transcription might be the right work at home fit for you.
What Exactly is Daily Transcription?
Daily Transcription is a work at home company that provides transcription on a daily basis to the legal, corporate, academic, and entertainment industries.
Usually in the entertainment industry, clients have come to expect and to need daily transcription services. This is where the name Daily Transcription comes from.
The company also offer translation services in 12 languages besides English.
What is the Pay and When is Payday at Daily Transcription?
The starting pay is $0.75 -$0.85 per audio minute. It appears that pay is sent out every two weeks via PayPal.
Related: FREE 5-day general transcription mini e-course – learn what you can earn and what it takes to start!
What Are the Computer Requirements for the Transcriptionists at Daily Transcription?
The requirements are not listed on Daily Transcription's careers page, but it's always a good idea for work at home transcribers to have:
- an updated computer and laptop with anti-virus and anti-malware protection.
- connection to an online thesaurus and an online dictionary.
- connection to Grammarly or any similar grammar/spell-checking program.
- a foot pedal is usually helpful, but not always required.
Daily Transcription also provides a guideline for their transcription work.
Can you Work For Daily Transcription Without Experience?
Their website states that they are always looking for professional and novice transcribers, so it appears you may not need experience.
However, the application does request that you attach your resume. You will be tested on your transcription skills prior to being accepted to work for the company.
Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee at Daily Transcription?
At Daily Transcription you are an independent contractor and responsible for your own taxes.
Most independent contractors only work part-time at Daily Transcription, since it operates on an “as-needed” basis. Should you make over $600 a year, you will be sent you a 1099 Income Tax Form.
What Are the Hours at Daily Transcription?
Some transcribers work part-time and some work full-time for Daily Transcription. The work can be done on your schedule as long as you are attentive to details and deadlines are met.
Just as it is with most transcription companies, continual work is not going to be a sure thing. It states plainly on Daily Transcription's website that they are not able to guarantee a certain amount of work every week to any transcribers.
So if you get accepted to do work for this company, you should make sure you have other “eggs” in your basket just in case there are dry spells.
Can Workers Outside of the United States Work at Daily Transcription?
Currently the company only accepts applicants located in the US and Canada.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to Daily Transcription?
Go to this page and get started. Good luck to all who apply.
Are you serious about pursuing a career in transcription?
If you don't know a lot about transcribing from home and are very curious about doing this as your career, here are the resources and further reading we have vetted and recommend for you!
- Transcription Foundations – a free 7-lesson mini-course that teaches you all about general transcription, how much you can earn, where to find work, and more.
- Legal Transcription – another free mini-course that explains exactly what it takes to get into legal transcription
- Jumpstart Your General Transcription Career – the most informative transcription eBook you'll find, at just $5.99, written by transcriptionist and fellow work at home blogger Lisa Mills.
- CareerStep – the course many aspiring medical transcribers take for training. Payment plans available, plus financial assistance for military spouses.
- All About General Transcription
- All About Medical Transcription
- A BIG list of 100 other companies that regularly hire work at home transcribers
Good luck in however you choose to approach transcription. It can be a great way to earn an income from home!