Are you looking for a worldwide opportunity? Do you have an interest in computer games and how they are developed? Would you like to work for a company that provides many different types of positions and not just phone jobs? Then keep reading, because Alchemic Dream just might be the company to put you to work.
Please note this company may or may not be hiring at this time. This post is just an overview of the work at home positions that are occasionally offered.
What Exactly is Alchemic Dream?
Alchemic Dream is a company that hires workers worldwide to work in various positions in the gaming industry. While Alchemic Dream does offer traditional B&M (brick and mortar) types of jobs, it also offers several positions for those desiring to work from home.
Established in 2001 with its headquarters in Quebec, Alchemic Dream was the first company solely dedicated to game developers and publishers. Alchemic Dream states on its website that it has helped launch and develop the brand for over 200 successful products. Alchemic Dream strives to help improve the overall experience of the game user and the game user's retention rate.
Most of the work-at-home jobs are 24/7, since most people who play computer games do it around the clock or when the urge hits. Depending upon which position you choose, your job at some level will be to support these gamers and protect and promote the brand.
What Types of Jobs Are Offered at Alchemic Dream?
There certainly are a variety of positions offered at Alchemic Dream. Alchemic Dreams also states on its website that it hires in 5 continents with most of the workers staying 4 years or more.
For a more detailed description of the jobs offered at Alchemic Dream, you may visit their career page and click on the individual positions to see what is required.
In a brief summary, here are the work-at-home positions with more positions being adapted for the remote worker.
- Community Manager – This position would be managing various online communities. You would be the link between the gamers and the developers and would be moderating forums as well as managing online events. Also, you would be reporting gamer feedback to the developer. This is for the person who is good with minimizing conflicts while interacting with the local culture.
- Customer Support Agent – This position probably sounds familiar to anyone who has been working at home for a while. This position uses email and chat to answer questions about the games while strictly following company policies and procedures.
- Localized Agent – This position is for the person skilled in more than one language, who can not only translate but also proofread.
- Phone Support Agent – This position is similar to the Customer Support Agent, but this position would be using various phone software to escalate problems to the developer. This is for those who consider themselves to have a professional phone mannerism.
- Sales Representative – This position is a sales position done primarily via phone. This is for the person who enjoys phone sales and lead generation.
- Social Media Manager – This position is managing Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, blogs and forums. This position would be for someone who is able to create unique content and posts as well as moderate online comments and discussions.
- Web/Graphic Designer – This position would be working directly with the game developer and their staff to create the right visual concepts for their ideas and products.
What Are the Basic Requirements for Working at Alchemic Dream?
As you might imagine, the requirements will vary per position. It would be a good idea to thoroughly read the requirements of the position before applying. It probably also wouldn't hurt to apply for more than one position either.
Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee at Alchemic Dream?
Unless you work in their Canadian headquarters in Quebec, you will be an independent contractor.
What Are Some of the Reviews For Alchemic Dream?
The reviews for the remote/work-at-home jobs averaged out to a 2.4 out of 5-star rating. While some of the contractors did enjoy working from home and the company overall, the three biggest complaints were low pay (roughly $8 an hour for customer support), no benefits, and no raises as well as only getting paid once a month. It seems to be almost split right down the middle when it comes to good reviews and bad reviews. You can certainly read the latest Glassdoor reviews for yourself.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to Alchemic Dream?
You will have to go to their website and fill out the application and attach a CV (Curriculum Vitae). It didn't appear that they ask for a cover letter to go with the CV. You will also need to decide if you want to work part-time or full-time and what would be your availability.
Good luck to all those who apply.
P.S. – Looking for more work at home jobs in the gaming industry? FlexJobs posts these types of positions regularly, and they guarantee all their listings to be scam-free.