The idea behind Fiverr is very simple — what will you do for five dollars? Offer that on their site and let someone pay you to get it done.
The catch of course is that you don't really get five dollars for the services you offer since Fiverr does take a cut of your earnings. You can read more details on that here in my review of Fiverr.
So really you need to ask yourself what you would do for three dollars and some change since I believe that's roughly what it works out to.
So what can you sell on Fiverr?
Sometimes it's hard to think of something to sell. I did some research and brainstorming today to come up with some things you could offer.
Some of the stuff I found on Fiverr is a little off the wall, so for this list I'm sticking with things that more people might actually need:
- Write articles or blog posts
- Edit articles or blog posts
- Write resumes and cover letters
- Write product descriptions
- Write headlines
- Write letters/emails
- Offer your handwriting services (thank you notes, greeting cards, etc.)
- Critique websites
- SEO help
- Do keyword research for people looking to improve their website SEO
- Turn photographs into paintings/digital images
- Create or modify spreadsheets
- Design logos and banners
- Design e-book covers
- Design business cards
- Edit/retouch images
- Make crafts
- Send video messages
- Paint/draw pictures
- Share links/promos to your Facebook or Twitter followers (works best if you have tons of followers)
- Help people get Facebook or Twitter followers
- Create video advertisements
- Help troubleshoot website problems
- Help people set up their websites
- Transcribe audio files
- Post advertisements to Craigslist and other sites online
- Help others with homework/essays
- Give advice (the sky is the limit here — what are you qualified to give advice about?)
- Help people brainstorm – come up with ideas
- Create PDF files
- Get rid of computer viruses or malware
- Sing songs on video or audio for others
- Create music for others using your talent (guitar, piano, etc.)
- Do voice overs/voice acting
- Write songs or jingles
- Master audio tracks
- Do research
- Teach lessons
This goes without saying, but before deciding what services to offer, make sure the pay is worth your time.
I see a lot of people on Fiverr offering services that I am amazed they are willing to do for such low pay. But it all depends on how long it takes you to do something.
Fiverr is definitely the most popular site of this type, but if you want to earn more money for offering any of the services above, you do have other options.
Here is a list of more “post a gig” sites. Some of these are based around another dollar amount (like Tenrr) and some allow you to charge whatever you want.
So now you're on Fiverr … how do you become successful?
Believe it or not, a lot of people make a lot of money using Fiverr. I've made a list of some e-books below you can use for making the most of your Fiverr membership that are very inexpensive:
- How I Made An Extra $1200 Per Month at Home Using One Free Website
- Freaking Idiots Guide to Selling On Fiverr, How People Are Making $1000 a Month Offering Simple Services
If you don't own a Kindle, you can still read these on your computer using Amazon's cloud reader.