Is social media a part of your everyday life? Do you consider yourself well-versed in social media? Have you ever considered a work-at-home job in social media? If so, you may be interested in the work at home social media moderator opportunity that Crisp Thinking offers.
What Exactly is Crisp Thinking?
Crisp Thinking was founded in 2005 by Adam Hildreth, whose goal was to weed out people who were not acting professionally on the Internet and posting things that were not true. His mission then and now was to always protect the client's brand and reputation.
To do this, Crisp Thinking (or just Crisp) hires social media moderators to work as independent contractors both in the United States and in the United Kingdom.
Crisp offers the client 24/7 coverage with removal of any inappropriate social media content within 15 minutes of posting. Then there are audit trails and reports generated all with the intent of protecting the brand and reputation of the client.
What Do the Social Media Moderators Do at Crisp?
The work includes:
- reviewing and classifying content on all of the major social media channels.
- escalating any issues outlined by the client.
- feedback on any emerging trends.
- providing a daily report summarizing any issues.
What Are the Computer and Other Requirements to Work at Crisp Thinking?
The client's basic requirements are:
- a good command of English
- quick decision making
- fast learner
- strong work ethic
- able to multitask and meet deadlines
- an above average knowledge of social media and major channels
- PC with 2Gb RAM minimum
- Windows 7 or above or a Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or upwards
- an updated PC or laptop with anti-virus and anti-malware software installed
What Are the Pay and Hours Like at Crisp Thinking?
The hours are 24/7, and a minimum of at least 15 hours are required per week. The pay appears to be $10 to $15 USD hourly, paid out every two weeks.
There will be a training period of between one to two weeks for this position, but I wasn’t able to find out much more than that.
What Do Workers Say About the Job?
As of the date of this blog post, Glassdoor only has one review posted. However, it was written by a social media moderator and it's very positive. You can go here to check it out.
Have you done any work at home for this company? If so, please feel free to comment below to share your experience with others who may be contemplating applying.
How Could an Interested Individual Apply to the Social Media Moderation Position at Crisp Thinking?
You can go here to begin the application process. It will look more like a survey than an application, but it is an application. Even if they are not hiring, you can always apply and they can hold on to your application should they be interested in hiring you in the future.
Curious About Social Media Work at Home, But Unsure You Want to Work For This Company?
Here are a few things you can do instead:
- Check out this overview of social media jobs from home for more ideas.
- Get a membership to FlexJobs, the most trusted job board with flexible and remote work that is guaranteed to be scam-free. Get 30 percent off a membership with promo code AFFILPROMO. You will occasionally see social media related work at home jobs posted here.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do!