When I research home-based jobs, I often come across a lot of companies that are looking for people to teach English online (English Second Language tutors). If you want to work from home and are qualified to do this, it could be a great way to make some money! The requirements vary from company to company as does the pay.
Some want a college degree, others don't mind if you have don't have one. Also, sometimes the work will be done online while other times it's via phone and/or webcam.
Teach English Online – Sites to Use
- Berlitz – This company pays $13 an hour for ESL tutoring. You must be a native English or French speaker to be considered.
- Cambly – Webcam tutoring. You can teach English online without a degree, and you can work anytime! Currently they need English & Spanish language tutors. This is informal tutoring — you're mostly doing social chatting. Also, check out my Cambly review if you need more info.
- English Hunt – Often hires people to teach English online from home via video (independent contractors). Must have a four-year degree and have either teaching or substitute teaching certification.
- GoFLUENT – Hires tutors in the U.S. and Canada (certain areas only). This is a company I have reviewed. You can read the review of GoFLUENT here.
- TutorABC (TutorGroup) – Must have a four-year degree. Read my review of TutorABC here.
- Open English – Hires native English speakers to teach English online. Must be able to put in 15 hours per week. Read my review of Open English here.
- iTalki – Work anywhere in the world teaching any language. You will qualify as long as you are a native fluency speaker for your lanuage.
- SameSpeak – If your first language is English, you can apply. You will earn $10 for every half-hour tutor session you complete. Also, you can be as young as 16 to sign up.
- Isus – Isus hires online ESL telephone teachers. Pay is monthly.
Another place to look for online English teaching jobs is FlexJobs. It's about $15 per month to get a subscription and access their work at home listings, but you can cancel it at any time if you don't find helpful leads. You can go here to see the number of ESL teaching jobs they currently have posted. They update with hundreds of new job leads every day.