As you might have noticed, it seems that a great majority of work at home companies require signing up as an independent contractor rather than as an employee. While there are definitely some perks you can enjoy as an independent contractor, many people simply do not like the idea of it and would prefer to work as an employee where taxes would be taken out of pay automatically. Working as an employee for a company also usually means you get paid training and other benefits like insurance and paid time off.
If you're not too keen on the idea of being an independent contractor, you might want to browse through this list I made of companies that hire you as an employee. You'll notice that most of these are phone-based jobs.
I'm having more difficulty finding home jobs in other fields that don't consider you an IC, but will try to update as I come across them. Keep in mind this is just a general list and not all will be actively hiring right now.
Work at Home Companies That Hire You As An Employee
- The Active Network
- Advise Tech
- Alpine Access – Sykes
- Doctors on Demand
- GE Call Centers
- World Travel Holdings
- ABC Financial
- American Express
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Hilton Worldwide
- Maritz Research
- Sedgwick CMS
- Cloud 10/Transcom
- XACT Telesolutions
- Paragon Planners
- Welcome Wagon
- Neiman-Marcus – (Dallas – Ft. Worth, TX residents only)
- Williams-Sonoma – (The Colony, TX residents only)
Looking For More Legit Work at Home Jobs?
This is what I suggest doing now:
- Check out my e-book with a list of 150 companies that regularly hire home-based workers.
- Get a membership to FlexJobs, the most trusted job board with flexible and remote work that is guaranteed to be scam-free. Get 30 percent off a membership with promo code AFFILPROMO. I've been a member here for years and I LOVE it!
- Visit my work at home job leads page to see what companies have had work at home openings recently.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do!