I often write reviews of websites you can apply with that will pay you for freelance writing. These have mostly been content sites/mills that have regular assignments available that you can grab and work on at your leisure. Most of those sites don't pay all that well, although they are good to have access to for when you need money in a pinch.
Today, I thought it might be fun to make a list of blogs that pay you for guest posts! As you know, most sites do not pay you for guest posting. Your reward is usually considered the byline at the end where you can promote your own site or services.
But there are some sites that not only pay for guest posts, they pay pretty well for guest posts.
Even though guest posts are usually either one-time or very occasional writing opps, they are great for getting your name out there and boosting the rank of your blog or website if you have one.
Also, there's no guarantee that the following sites will accept your submission. If they don't, try not to get discouraged — you can always submit it someplace else. Some of the sites below will allow you to have a byline and some won't.
Sites That Pay You For Guest Posting
- ACHS – Submit a blog post of 600-1000 words plus at least three photos on your favorite topic related to holistic health and wellness. Compensation is $50 if your post is published.
- BootsnAll – Pays up to $50 for indie travel articles.
- Cracked – Always open to guest post submissions on TV, movies, music, video games, etc. Compensation amount not listed.
- Dollar Stretcher – Frugal living site that will pay for some guest posts. This site will not give you a byline linking back to your own site if you are paid.
- Dropzone – Sky diving articles. It appears they pay, but the compensation rate isn't listed.
- Elite Personal Finance – Claims to pay between $30 and $100 for personal finance articles.
- Listverse – This site pays $100 for great lists. I have actually reviewed them here.
- Matador Network – Pays $20 – $25 for travel-related articles.
- Read. Learn. Write – Pays $50 a post for personal experiences with reading, learning, and writing.
- WorldStart – They pay between $25 and $50 for computer tips articles. It doesn't look like you get a byline.
- Your Online Biz – Currently offering $100 for quality guest posts.
I'd love to keep adding sites to this list! If you know of any other blogs or websites that are currently paying for guest posts, please let me know and I'll get it added.
P.S. – Want to Go Into Business For Yourself?
This is the most profitable route to take as a freelance writer. You can get your own clients and set your own rates, which you cannot really do with most content sites. If you're interested in becoming a freelance writer with your own business, I'd recommend reading this post about Gina Horkey, who was able to go from $0 to $4,000 per month in freelance writing income in six months.
She has also created an affordable, high-quality eCourse that shows you exactly how to do what she did. I went through the course content and thought it was fantastic information.