I often review various websites that pay you to write. These have mostly been content sites/mills that have regular assignments available that you can grab and work on at your leisure.
Most of those sites don't pay all that well, although they are good to have access to for when you need money in a pinch.
Today, I thought it might be fun to make a list of blogs that pay you for guest posts! As you know, most sites do not pay you for guest posting.
Your reward is usually considered the byline at the end where you can promote your own site or services.
But there are some sites that not only pay for guest posts, they pay pretty well for guest posts.
Even though guest posts are usually either one-time or very occasional writing opps, they are great for getting your name out there and boosting the rank of your blog or website if you have one.
Also, there's no guarantee that the following sites will accept your submissions. If they don't, try not to get discouraged — you can always submit your work someplace else. Some of the sites below will allow you to have a byline and some won't.
Note that if the link is removed below, it just means that we discovered the link was broken (starting going to a non-working page). This usually happens if the company has decided to stop accepting writers. We will replace these as time allows.
Sites That Pay You For Guest Posting
- ACHS – Submit a blog post of 600-1000 words plus at least three photos on your favorite topic related to holistic health and wellness. Compensation is $50 if your post is published.
- BootsnAll – Pays up to $50 for indie travel articles.
- Cracked – Always open to guest post submissions on TV, movies, music, video games, etc. Compensation amount not listed.
- Dollar Stretcher – Frugal living site that will pay for some guest posts. This site will not give you a byline linking back to your own site if you are paid.
- Dropzone – Sky diving articles. It appears they pay, but the compensation rate isn't listed.
- Elite Personal Finance – Claims to pay between $30 and $100 for personal finance articles.
- Listverse – This site pays $100 for great lists. I have actually reviewed them here.
- Read. Learn. Write – Pays $50 a post for personal experiences with reading, learning, and writing.
- Your Online Biz – Currently offering $100 for quality guest posts.
- BlogPaws – Pays $75 for accepted contributions.
I'd love to keep adding sites to this list! If you know of any other blogs or websites that are currently paying for guest posts, please let me know and I'll try to get those added.
Would You Prefer To Set Your Own Rates For Writing?
If you are more interested in striking out on your own as a freelance writer rather than writing for a content site, congratulations!
Working for yourself is almost always going to be the most profitable and rewarding route in the long-term. It gives you the freedom to set your own rates and call your own shots. Going this route can take some preparation and strategizing initially, however.
To set yourself up for success, I recommend Freelance Writer's Den. Since 2011, the Den has helped over 14,000 writers grow their income. They offer a junk-free writer's job board, 25 writer bootcamps, 300+ hours of trainings in all, 24/7 forums, live events, and more.
You can go here to join, or get on the wait list if isn't currently open.