Every month, I get a fair number of requests from people living in the United Kingdom for work at home jobs they can do. While Real Ways to Earn is primarily geared toward US citizens, I do still like to provide resources for people in other parts of the world when I can find them.
I made an extremely long list for Canadian residents to find work at home jobs and I also have a general worldwide work at home jobs page, but I decided to go ahead and make a list of work at home companies for people in the United Kingdom due to the number of requests I get from people in that area.
So if you're living in the UK and you need a work at home job, I hope you'll find this list useful! I've broken it all down by category and linked to a review of each company if we have a relevant one published.
Note that many of these companies are not JUST open to the UK. Some are open worldwide or to other English-speaking countries.
- First Quarter Finance
- Much Better Adventures
- Sticky Eyes
- Writer's Domain
- Words of Worth
- First Quarter Finance
- Quality Proofreading
- Cambridge Proofreading & Editing
- Proofread My Essay
- Scribendi – Read Scribendi Review
- First Editing
Misc. Freelance Work
Social Media & Community Moderation
- Sterling Transcription
- UK Transcription
- Take1 Transcription
- Transcript Divas
- Way With Words – Read Way With Words Review
- Document Direct – Medical Transcription.
- Transcription City Typing Services
- Ubiqus – Read Ubiqus Review
- Language Line – Read Language Line Review
- Gengo – Read Gengo Review
- Translation Express
- Marketforce – Read Marketforce Review
- Retail Maxim
- International Service Check
Running Errands/Odd Jobs
Extra Cash Opportunities
- YouGov – Paid surveys.
- MySurvey – Paid surveys.
- World of Tomorrow – Paid surveys.
- Field Agent – Smartphone tasks.
- Roamler – Smartphone tasks.
- Job Spotter – Taking pics of help wanted signs.
More Resources For Finding Work at Home Jobs in the UK
While searching for opportunities to add here, I came across many resources for work at home jobs in the UK. Unfortunately, these were not all high-quality sites. Below, I've listed the sites that I found to be the most helpful.
Feel free to use these to look for even more opportunities to earn money:
- FlexJobs – This job board for flexible and home-based jobs is one I use and trust. They cater to people all over the world! You'll be able to find job postings that apply to you no matter where you are located.
- Indeed UK – This is Indeed's UK job search site. We use Indeed all the time at Real Ways to Earn to help us find jobs to add to our job leads board. The UK site will narrow things down to just those jobs in your area. Make sure you use keywords like “home working,” “remote,” or “work from home” as your keywords to narrow things down to just the remote jobs.
- Save the Student – This is a blog dedicated to both money saving and money making topics. We've linked the “money making” section for you. There is tons of helpful content to browse through. The blog is geared toward people in the UK.
- WorkingMums – I found quite a few companies listed here that I'd never heard of. Worth a look for sure if you're in need of a home-based job in the UK.
- The Guardian – There is an entire section on The Guardian dedicated to work from home listings.
Home Business Ideas
The beauty of starting a home business is that you can be located anywhere in the world. And because I'm a home business owner (my blog is my business) and this has basically been life-changing for me in terms of the income I've generated that I never imagined possible, I can't NOT share this topic with you.
When I first started this blog, all I wanted was to find someone to hire me and pay me once a week for doing work for them. I needed to supplement my husband's income and I really couldn't see much further than that.
Now, I much prefer working for myself. The sky is the limit on what I can earn! The harder I work, the more I can make.
For that reason, I feel very passionately about sharing with you different ways you can also earn an income on your own terms — not someone else's.
Below, check out this list of a few home business ideas you could start. If you have a skill that someone else could benefit from, you can earn money. Period. Each idea will link you to a top-quality e-course or e-book that teaches you how to get going. Note that a home business is always going to be an investment of time and money so you can learn what you're doing, but for me it's been well worth investing both.
- Freelance writer
- Virtual assistant
- Court transcript proofreader
- Amazon FBA seller
- SEO specialist
So I think that basically covers it! I know there are probably many more companies that hire people in the UK for work at home, so please let us know in the comments if there's something I've missed.