I have heard a great deal over the years about home customer service positions with 1-800-Flowers.com. They have regular openings throughout the year, particularly during busy flower-ordering seasons.
First of all, the work involves processing transactions over the phone. This might include some sales as well as addressing customer problems and concerns.
This opportunity is open only to United States residents.
The official hiring vendor for 1-800-Flowers is now Sutherland CloudSource. This is a very reputable company that has serviced many well-known brands and companies over the years. Note that this position is NOT always open.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- Must be computer literate, have familiarity with instant messaging, and type a minimum of 20 to 25 wpm
- Furthermore, you must be able to provide a quiet background while you work
- Pay is $9 hourly
- Paid training
- Bi-weekly payments
Scheduling at 1-800-Flowers
- Training is full-time, then goes to part-time as agents prepare for peak weeks, during which you must be prepared to work extended shifts.
- Busy seasons are Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Christmas
- In addition, the position is temporary. The company will do their best to retain employees who have an interest in staying on, provided they have performed well overall and have a great attendance record.
What Past and Current Workers Say About 1-800-Flowers
Most people seem to enjoy the work and say the training is very well handled and the company is professional. Consequently, there are some who don't enjoy the longer hours during peak times. Still, this appears to be a solid work at home gig that draws many applicants each year.
In conclusion, if this opportunity interests you, you can go here to apply. After you submit your application, you will be able to do a system check on your computer and internet to ensure they meet the minimum requirements for the job, and do a virtual interview, which allows you to record your interview answers on your own time.
If you think this seems like a good opportunity, and you decide to apply, let us know how it goes! I also have more seasonal work at home jobs listed if you're interested in earning more, plus a VERY detailed e-book now available on Amazon with over 150 other work at home jobs you could consider applying for.