I have heard a great deal over the years about home customer service positions with 1-800-Flowers.com. They have regular openings throughout the year, particularly during busy flower-ordering seasons.
First of all, the work involves processing transactions over the phone. This might include some sales as well as addressing customer problems and concerns.
This opportunity is open only to United States residents. Note that 1-800-Flowers has NOT had any work at home openings in quite some time (as of 2018). I'm leaving this information up for now in the event that changes, but I am thinking they may have discontinued their work from home program.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- Must be computer literate, have familiarity with instant messaging, and type a minimum of 20 to 25 wpm
- Furthermore, you must be able to provide a quiet background while you work
- Pay is $9 hourly
- Paid training
- Bi-weekly payments
Scheduling at 1-800-Flowers
- Training is full-time, then goes to part-time as agents prepare for peak weeks, during which you must be prepared to work extended shifts.
- Busy seasons are Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Christmas
- In addition, the position is temporary. The company will do their best to retain employees who have an interest in staying on, provided they have performed well overall and have a great attendance record.
What Past and Current Workers Say About 1-800-Flowers
Most people seem to enjoy the work and say the training is very well handled and the company is professional. Consequently, there are some who don't enjoy the longer hours during peak times. Still, this appears to be a solid work at home gig that draws many applicants each year.
In conclusion, if this opportunity interests you, you can go here to apply. After you submit your application, you will be able to do a system check on your computer and internet to ensure they meet the minimum requirements for the job, and do a virtual interview, which allows you to record your interview answers on your own time.
If you think this seems like a good opportunity, and you decide to apply, let us know how it goes! I also have more seasonal work at home jobs listed if you're interested in earning more.
Looking For More Legit Work at Home Jobs?
Here are a few things you can do (or do all 3!).
- Check out my e-book with a list of 150 companies that regularly hire home-based workers.
- Get a membership to FlexJobs, the most trusted job board with flexible and remote work that is guaranteed to be scam-free. Get 30 percent off a membership with promo code AFFILPROMO.
- Visit my work at home job leads page to see what companies have had work at home openings recently.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do!