I am from the US, as are the vast majority of my readers. This is why most of the work from home positions and extra cash ideas you find on this blog are intended mostly for people in the US. But, I still get regular emails from readers who live in other countries, wondering what I know about that may be open to them. I try to help, but I do feel really bad when I can't point them toward any good opportunities.
Today's post is an attempt by me to try and get all the resources for worldwide work at home in one spot. If you're not from the US and you want to work from home, hopefully this page will make it easier for you to find the worldwide opportunities I have listed on this site as well as links to other work from home sites geared mainly toward people in countries outside the US.
As always, if you have any resources you'd like me to add that you don't see here, link them in the comments and I'll check them out.
On This Site
- Next to the US, I get the most visitors from Canada. I have an extensive list here of companies that hire workers in Canada.
- I also created a category for “worldwide” so that every time I review a company and it's pretty clear they are open to most or all countries outside the US, they are labeled accordingly. You can click the link for “worldwide” and browse all the reviews I've done on opportunities open outside the US.
General Worldwide Resources
- Worldwide Work at Home – This website has a section with a list of countries. When you click the link to a country, it pulls up lists of work from home resources geared toward people in those countries.
- Workers On Board Worldwide – Alicia, creator of the Workers on Board work at home website, has a sister site for people looking for work at home in other countries.
- The Work at Home Woman – Some helpful info with resources at the Work at Home Woman blog.
- WAH Adventures – Work at Home Adventures has a list of five major companies that hire globally.
- About.com – This popular informational site has a handful of worldwide work at home listings.
- Work At Home Arena – This popular work from home forum has a dedicated sub-forum for home jobs in other countries. You do have to register here as a member in order to read anything, but it's free to do and only takes a second.
- Escape Artist – Not exactly work from home, but does provide lots of resources for people who are traveling abroad yet still need to work.
- FlexJobs – This is a membership-based work from home/flexible jobs resource, and they do list openings for people in other countries. I have paid for a membership here and found it to be a good, trustworthy resource. They do a lot of screening prior to posting jobs to guarantee them scam-free.
Resources For Specific Countries
After the United States, the majority of my visitors tend to come from the following four countries.
- My page for Canadians – I do update this as I come across opportunities that are open to Canada.
- Indeed – One of my all-time favorite job search sites has a Canadian branch!
- A good list from About.com.
- Work at Home Space – This quality work from home website has a list for people in Canada.
- Canadian Freelance Writing Jobs – This one appears to get updated very regularly.
- Worldwide Work at Home – This site also has a list for Canadians.
- Indus Ladies – This forum has a work from home sub-form with lots of info, although it doesn't look like it's very active at the moment.
- Indeed. This job search site has a branch for India. Just search “work from home” in the keyword field to help find the home-based jobs.
- E4S – This one is geared toward students/undergraduates, but I would think most of the listings would be open to anyone. I see a mix of mostly extra cash opportunities and few that look like actual jobs.
- Working Mums – This website appears to have a lot of information as well as some current work from home job openings for people in the UK.
- Indeed – The Indeed job search site has a branch for people in the UK. Just search “work from home” in the keyword box to find the home jobs.
- The Guardian – They have a section dedicated to home-based jobs.
- CV Library – One of the UK's largest independent job boards.
- Indeed – Search work from home jobs in Australia on Indeed.
- Stay at Home Mum – This Australian site for moms has a page for work at home ideas.
- Hire My Mum – This site appears to have current work from home job openings for Australians.
- www.freelancerwerden.de – One of my readers in Germany has started this website to help out people there to find online work.
- Work Online Kenya – Has reviews of work at home companies that are open to people in Kenya.
- Freelancer Kenya
- Home-Based Jobs Philippines – This is a work from home site that appears to be geared towards the Philippines. May be of some help to you if that's where you're located.
I know it probably doesn't look like it, but I spent over an hour looking around for resources. I am shocked I haven't found more than this! Granted, I am in the US and don't really know the right places to look for these other countries like I would for the United States.
If you are from one of these countries and you know of any other good, reliable resources — meaning ones that list actual work from home jobs — not anything scammy or anything that's primarily just home business related — then please comment below and let us know, or share resources that are trustworthy for any other countries. I would genuinely love to make this page a much better resource for my international readers.