What Users Do is a website based out of the U.K. that will pay people to test out websites. This basically involves visiting websites and allowing your movements/clicks to be recorded as you navigate the pages.
You will also be encouraged to speak your thoughts aloud as you explore the site, which means you'll need a microphone.
Why do companies pay for this service? Because they want to know how well their websites are loading, how easy they are to navigate, and whether or not any aspects of the site are unclear/confusing before they officially launch them to the public.
Getting your opinion in the early stages means they can quickly identify and weed out potential problems.
- What Users Do will pay up to 8 £/€/US$ for completed user tests
- Pay is not a set amount. Some tests may pay less than 8 £/€/US$
- Payment is made via either Paypal or direct deposit to a UK bank
- Payments are sent out on the 25th of each month, excluding holidays and weekends
Related: Opinion Outpost is looking for online survey respondents – low cash out with same day pay.
- Must be able to speak English
- Must be able to receive payment via either Paypal or UK bank
- After filling out an application, you will have to record a practice test
- What Users Do will contact you after your practice test if they need you for a test
- Broadband internet
- PC, Netbook, or Mac
- Microphone, either built-in or separate, for recording yourself during tests
About the Tests
- Tests usually do not take longer than 20 minutes
- The frequency of test invitations will vary depending on the needs of What Users Do
What Users Do is pretty much the same type of site as User Testing and UserLytics, although the latter two actually pay a little better. You cannot make a living doing user tests, but it is one of the best ways out there to make a substantial amount of extra cash online for very little time spent.
Some people say that they feel a little awkward recording their voice initially, but over time you will get used to this and it won't seem like a big deal. If you enjoy getting paid for website usability tests or think you would enjoy it, I would suggest applying to as many sites like this as you can find to maximize your earning potential.
How to Apply
Looking For More Ways to Earn Extra Cash Online?
Check out this list of 12 other website usability testing companies that need workers.
And if you are OK with taking surveys online, Opinion Outpost is one of the oldest and most reputable. They have a very low cash out threshold with same day pay.