This page contains affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I've researched and trust.
Community moderators are typically in charge of overseeing online communities. This could be on forums, Facebook, Twitter or any place where a group of people communicate together online. See below for a list of companies that often hire for this type of work.
- 99 Dollar Social – This company has frequent openings for social media content specialists
- Alchemic Dream – Read Review – Occasionally hiring work at home community managers (worldwide) to help moderate forums and social media accounts in the computer gaming industry. Being multi-lingual or bi-lingual is helpful here.
- Ask.com – Occasionally hiring work at home community moderators for contract position.
- BabyCenter – BabyCenter is occasionally hiring work at home community moderators. It is typically a full-time contract position.
- BazaarVoice – This company is occasionally hiring within the US for “content analysts” to work remotely. These content analysts help moderate user-generated content across BazaarVoice's client websites.
- The Social Element – Read The Social Element Review – Always interested in hearing from moderators and community managers. Apply via email.
- ICUC – Read Review – They hire people in the US & Canada to work from home doing community moderation. Prior experience is not required as they do provide training. They are not always hiring.
- Ignite Social Media – I have noticed this company sometimes has work from home community manager positions open. US only.
- Lithium – Lithium hires people to work remotely moderating interactions on online communities organized by enterprise companies for their customers. Requires some past experience.
- Live World – Read Review – No prior experience is required to do moderation for Live World. They are almost always hiring.
- Crisp Thinking – Read Review – Hires work at home social media moderators in different countries worldwide. May pay between $10 and $15 hourly.
- Metaverse Mod Squad – Read Review – Mods provide digital content, child safety, message board, and chat room moderating services to enterprises with online communities and content.
- Yelp – Yelp hires work at home community managers regularly. However, you may need to be living in a specific location. Look on the “Jobs” page under the “Community” heading to see where they are hiring at in your area.
Jobs” page, keep checking back.
- Zynga – Occasionally hiring community moderators to moderate forums for their vast array of online games. Prior experience is preferred.
- Consider going into business for yourself? Social Media Manager School is a highly-rated eCourse that can show you how.