Connect and Sell is a company offering an interesting little work from home position. What this company has you do is connect phone calls for business to business/sales companies. This frees up time for busy salesmen because when a call comes through to them, the customer they were trying to reach is already on the line, waiting to speak to them.
You contact the customers and then when someone is on the line, patch them through to the salesman. But you don't actually have to talk to anyone, apparently it is all automated.
For more details on this position, you can read through the old job posting I copy/pasted below:
Using our on-line tool, Experts will initiate outbound calls to prospective customers and ask for the listed contact. Once the customer comes to the phone, the Expert will immediately transfer the call to the appropriate sales professional. Expert will not speak directly to the customer. Each pre-scheduled work hour will pay $10 plus potential bonus for successful connections.
Connectandsell accelerates the process of connecting to new or existing prospects that companies' sales team are working to close. We do this through a combination of patented switching technology and virtual sales agents so that when we connect to a prospect, the prospect believes that the company's sales rep has made the call.
Connectandsell's agents never speak to prospects directly. This service enables sales reps to spend all of their productive time presenting the product or service.
We appreciate your time into exploring details about our company on our website : www.connectandsell.com.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- Proficiency in English language
- Possess professional business telephone communication skills, and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Prior admin/secretarial experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- No call center experience necessary as Experts will never speak to the target contact
- Hard wired connection is required to have at home.
- Land Line is necessary (VOIP or Cell can not use.)
- Minimum Education Required: Some College
- Years of Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
- Expected Travel Time: None
Other Things I Found Out About Connect and Sell
- Training is apparently paid.
- Payment is weekly via Paypal (see more weekly pay work at home jobs here).
- Pay is actually $9 an hour despite what the job posting above says, but some people average more due to the commission
- It's an independent contractor position.
- This job was originally offered at LiveOps through their LiveWork platform.
- They hire people in small batches.
There are some interesting Connect and Sell reviews online. Some people state on various work at home forums I frequent that they enjoy the work and pay is accurate and on time. I also read where another person quit after just one week, not happy with things.
As it is with anything, reviews will vary. You can always do a search on Glassdoor for reviews of Connect and Sell to get an overall feel for what people think of their jobs.
Want to apply?
As stated above, they are not actively hiring for this position right now, but you can always forward them your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org so that perhaps they may contact you at some point in the future.
Looking For More Legit Work at Home Jobs?
Here are a few things you can do (or do all 3!).
- Check out my e-book with a list of 150 companies that regularly hire home-based workers.
- Get a membership to FlexJobs, a job board I personally pay for and trust with flexible and remote work that is guaranteed to be scam-free. Get 30 percent off a membership with promo code AFFILPROMO.
- Visit my work at home job leads page to see what companies have had work at home openings recently.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do!