I like taking paid surveys, I always have. I even wrote an entire eBook about doing it. This has never been a hobby that has paid the bills for me, but I love the little incentives and it’s really easy to do. I admit I don’t do it as religiously as I used to, but there are some panels that I’ve been part of for a long time that I will still take the occasional survey for.
If you take surveys for extra cash, then you know that nothing stays the same in the world of online surveys. Many panels go under while new ones crop up. Some change the way they operate which makes many people question whether they’re worth it anymore. So today I am listing the top 10 survey panels that, as of this year, might still be worth it.
There’s an overwhelming number of survey panels you could join, but if you only want to bother with a select few, the ones below are definitely worth checking out. Other than the first two, these are not really in order.
#1 – Pinecone Research
Pinecone has undergone some changes recently, but most agree they are still the best. They are pretty selective with who they accept because they’re always looking for different demographics at different times. To join, you have to either be invited by another member or sign up through a join link or banner online. Note that being invited or finding a join link doesn’t guarantee your acceptance.
- You can get a flat $3 for every survey.
- They pay fast — usually within 1-2 business days after you complete a survey. No minimum to cash-out, either.
- You can choose to get paid Paypal or check.
- They tend to have a lot of product testing opportunities.
- No disqualifying from surveys. If you get invited to take one, you generally get to complete the whole thing and get paid.
- The main drawback with Pinecone is how hard it is to get in. It’s not like other survey panels where you can just register and be accepted. They are really selective.
Pinecone Research appears to be accepting some people to join their exclusive survey panel. Unlike other panels, it’s possible to get a guaranteed $3 per survey with Pinecone. Go here to get signed up.
#2 – Paid Viewpoint
I’ve been a member here since 2011, not long after they first started up, and I think they’re basically awesome. They are the same company behind Instant Cash Sweepstakes – another little side earner I enjoy. Pay is Paypal only with a $15 cash out threshold.
- Surveys are very short.
- Pays with Paypal.
- Extremely fast pay — you can usually expect payment the next day after you redeem.
- $1 new member bonus.
- Generous referral program.
- Surveys usually don’t pay $1, especially if you’re new to the site. This means that, depending on how many survey invites you get, it could take a few months to reach the $15 cash out.
If you want to join Paid Viewpoint, you can register here (I believe they are open worldwide).
#3 – Opinion Outpost
This is one of the first panels I ever joined, and they are still good. I’ve been paid by them many times, and they pay faster now than they used to back when I first signed up. Must have $5 to cash out (Amazon) or $10 (Paypal).
- The two main rewards you can get are cash to Paypal and/or Amazon codes, the two most sought after incentives.
- As mentioned above, they pay out quickly. Many people report being paid to Paypal within 15 minutes of cashing out.
- Not too high cashout threshold. You can request an Amazon code once your account reaches $5 and a Paypal payment once your account reaches $10.
- They tend to email lots of survey invites.
- Some people complain that they disqualify too often from the surveys sent out by Opinion Outpost. If you’re not familiar, this is where you answer several questions and then, based on your answers, it’s decided that you don’t qualify to complete the survey. This is time wasted, and I don’t believe Opinion Outpost gives any small incentive just for attempting a survey like some other panels do.
#4 – Tellwut
This is a newer site I’ve heard mostly good things about so far. I haven’t used them personally, but the feedback online is overall pretty positive. It’s a survey panel, but it’s also kind of an online community. There is a $10 minimum to redeem your points.
- They have a lot of options for redeeming – Amazon, in-store or emailed gift cards, merchandise, pre-paid Visa cards.
- You will always qualify to answer the short polls on the site and get 5-10 points for taking them, so it’s possible to make a little money daily.
- Create your own fun polls.
- The polls are short and easy to do.
- The site is fun to use and has a community feel. You can interact with other panel members via comments, etc.
- No option for redeeming through Paypal.
- For some, it takes a while to build up enough points to cash out for anything. You need at least 4,000 points ($10) to redeem and the short polls don’t pay much. While they do have regular online surveys that pay more, qualifying into those may not be a guarantee.
#5 – E-Poll
E-Poll is different because most of their surveys are about TV and movies. This is fun because sometimes you get to watch sneak peeks for upcoming TV shows and movies and then get rewarded for answering questions about them. Currently they are only open to people in the US. Minimum for cashing out is $5.
- Fun, entertainment-related surveys.
- Low $5 cash out.
- You can redeem for Amazon codes, Paypal money, or gift cards.
- Even if you don’t qualify to complete a survey, you still get paid a little just for trying.
- Some people complain that it can take a while to get paid once you redeem. In my experience, it has taken up to a month for a gift card to get mailed to me, but then others say it’s only a few weeks.
- Surveys are not super frequent.
#6 – YourWord
This is another newer panel that gets good feedback so far. Unlike so many other panels, there is no confusing points system in place at YourWord. They are open to the US and UK. Just $5 to cash out.
- No points system.
- Low cash out threshold – only takes $5 to redeem.
- They pay you .10 cents even if you attempt a survey and disqualify from it.
- Fast payments. You’ll usually get emailed gift cards within a few days or sooner after you request.
- There is no way to get actual cash for the surveys you do. You can only exchange your money for gift cards to various retailers, although they do allow you to redeem for Amazon.
#7 – Quest Mindshare
This is a newer survey panel that’s very straightforward – no confusing points system or hard to reach cash out threshold. Also, the surveys aren’t always typical market research studies — sometimes they send out really fun, short music rating surveys. Most surveys pay higher than what you get at other panels. No minimum for cashing out.
- Earn $2 or more for each survey.
- No minimum to redeem. They will send you a payment for each survey you finish, so there is no threshold you have to reach to get paid.
- No points system, everything pays in cash.
- Paypal or check payments.
- Their surveys fill up fast. They only need so many respondents for each one, so you may not get to take the ones you get invited to just depending on how many people already beat you to it.
- Survey invites may be a little infrequent.
#8 – Mindswarms
I’ve gotten feedback on this panel from many of my readers. They offer super high pay and they do pay reliably. However, it might not be for everyone because they are video surveys.
- They pay $50 for every video survey you complete.
- They pay fast, usually within 24 hours after you’ve taken a survey.
- They pay with Paypal.
- These are video surveys, so you have to record yourself with either your smartphone or webcam. Not everyone is comfortable doing this.
- They may not have surveys regularly.
#9 – Ipsos I-Say
This one has been around for quite a while and still going strong. They are one of the more “well-known” names in the market research industry. You can get in on occasional product tests here and they do have lots of redemption options. $10 minimum for cashing out.
- Paypal, Amazon, and other rewards.
- Potential for product tests.
- Known for sending lots of survey invites.
- Their site and surveys are occasionally buggy with broken links, etc.
- They aren’t known for paying fast, although they do pay.
- People complain about poor service when you need to contact them with problems.
#10 – MySurvey
There may be some that disagree, but I’ve always liked this panel. I’ve gotten paid every time I’ve redeemed and I’ve done more than one product test for them. You need $10 in points to redeem. They are open to many countries.
- Even though they pay in points, you usually get a generous amount of them for completing surveys.
- As mentioned above, they’re well-known for their various product testing opportunities.
- Lots of options for redeeming including the ever-popular Amazon codes and Paypal cash.
- Their surveys can be buggy.
- Payment is on the slow side once you do redeem for something.
- Many of their survey respondents complain about poor service when you have a problem and need to email them. I’ve noticed this is often an issue with the larger market research companies.
I did a lot of research and drew some from my own experience when naming the above panels. However, I would love your input — if you agree or disagree with any of the above choices, you’re welcome to comment below and share your own experience.
Curious about other panels that pay?
“Your Guide to Taking Paid Surveys For Extra Cash” is an e-book with seven years of my paid survey experience showing you why your opinion is needed, a great system to follow for taking surveys efficiently, how you earn money, and of course WHERE to earn money, inside 27 no-fluff pages!