It is possible to get paid to participate in university research. Some of the studies require you to show up in person, but many others you can do virtually.
Go here to read a blog post I wrote with more information on how these studies work.
- Brigham Young University – Pays in cash for your participation.
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Columbia Business School – You get entered into a prize drawing for your participation in studies.
- eLab at the Yale School of Management – In exchange for your participation in their studies, you get entered into prize drawings and may also receive Amazon vouchers.
- Johnson Cornell University – Paid in cash (Paypal) for your participation.
- Kellogg School of Management – Offering either a sweepstakes entry or cash payment for your participation, depending on how long the study is.
- Kent State University Psychology Research
- MIT Behavioral Research Lab – Participants are compensated typically with cash or gift certificates. See individual study descriptions for specific payment amounts
- Paid Psychology Studies – This panel is another one through Princeton University.
- Princeton University Psychology Department
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- University of Colorado: Colorado Springs
- University of Maryland – Pays in cash for your participation.
- University of Maryland (Robert Smith School of Business) – Also through the University of Maryland, but this one pays in sweeps entries only.
- University of Pennsylvania Psychology Research – Pays in cash. The Positive Psychology Center at theUniversity of Pennsylvania, headed by Dr. Martin E. P. Seligman, needs you for our online research studies.
- Vanderbilt University – Pays in cash (Paypal). Must be 18 or older.