This page may contain affiliate links. Regardless, only products and services I trust are recommended.
Are you interested in customer service from home but unable to do phone work? Fortunately, there are some companies that will hire people to do chat and email-based customer service!
By the way – If you like this kind of info, please consider becoming a newsletter subscriber and/or following my Facebook page to see more of it. I send out new work at home job leads and work at home updates weekly.
- Apple – Read Review – Occasionally has openings for work at home iTunes chat advisor. To find this job, go to the Apple jobs page and then type in “at home advisor” in the keyword box to see if it’s listed. Not always open.
- Arise – Read Review – Arise has some chat-based clients. Note that this is actually a business opportunity more than a work at home job. You do the work from home, but you will have to incorporate yourself to get started, which involves a fee. There are also a few other fees. My review has more detail on how Arise works.
- Best Buy – Hires chat support agents occasionally to provide remote tech support. U.S. only, except for California, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- Live Sales Staff – Read Review – Requires minimum of 12 hours shifts. Must contact them to find out about open positions.
- Metaverse Mod Squad – Read Review – This company occasionally has chat support jobs posted (in addition to many other remote jobs).
- My Live Pro – Occasionally has work from home chat agent openings. Must be US based and able to pass a background check.
- Sedgwick CMS e-support – Read Review – Sedgwick CMS occasionally has an e-support position available. Browse career center for openings.
- SiteStaff – Read Review – SiteStaff chat hosts chat with customers about the business and services offered. The company is not always hiring.
- Needle – Read Review – Become a “Needler” and chat with people about brands. Note this opportunity pays in redeemable points only, not cash, but you can redeem your points for Visa gift cards. Extra money only.
- Wayfair – Occasionally has openings for work from home email sales and service consultants. Must be local to Logan, UT. Pays $11 hourly plus bonuses. To see if the job is posted, visit the Wayfair Careers page.
- Weebly e-support – Weebly occasionally hires for email customer support. Must have knowledge of building websites. Weebly hires local candidates only and the company is based out of San Francisco, CA. If this job is available, it will be listed as “remote customer service.”
- The Yeomen – This company has occasional openings for remote email support. You would be answering tech support and customer service emails primarily. The job is open to US only and when it’s posted, you’ll see it listed as “community support shift lead.”
Looking For More Chat Jobs?
FlexJobs pre-screens all their job leads for scams prior to posting them, and I have seen chat jobs posted there before. They also have a policy against posting job leads submitted by companies that do not have an actual, physical office. FlexJobs has been listed as the top site for telecommuting jobs on Forbes, CNN, USA Today, and several other reputable media outlets.
A Good eBook
Sometimes if you can’t find the work at home job you want, you make your own! That’s what Claire Bullerwell did, and she outlines how she went about it in her ebook, “How I Made $1,000 Per Month Answering Emails For Others.” I downloaded this myself to read through before recommending it here, and I was impressed with the detail she went into on the steps she took to land work answering emails for business owners and busy internet marketers. Even if you opt not to go about things the exact same way she did, I think her tips will get your wheels turning on how to get started doing something similar.