Many of us start the New Year off with the same old resolutions, and lots of times those resolutions include losing weight and getting fit. While some people see this through and lose the weight they vow they are going to, I think it’s safe to say that most of us have fallen off the wagon completely within a month or less!
But what if we could actually get paid to lose that weight? I don’t know about you, but I really think that a money incentive would certainly motivate me to stick to my goals!
In case you weren’t aware, there actually are a couple of ways you can lose weight and get paid for it. So if you have major plans to lose weight this year and you’re worried that you won’t be able to see them through, you might want to look these options over and really consider trying one or more of them out.
#1 – Healthy Wage
Healthy Wage is another site that lets you join weight loss games with the promise of a financial reward if you meet your goals. This one also requires an entry fee, but just like DietBet, the cost is not too bad — about $25 per month for the team challenges, and you can choose how much you want to bet if you prefer to bet on yourself and not join a challenge. Healthy Wage has a handy calculator on their site that tells you what your prize will be based on how much you want to lose and how much you’re willing to bet. There are lots of testimonials on the site showing people who have won $1,000 and more along with losing a substantial amount of weight.
If you meet your goals, you can get paid in cash — check or Paypal — or you can opt for credit at Amazon. For more details on how it works, you can check out my review of Healthy Wage or just go ahead and check out the site here.
#2 – DietBet
You can earn money for losing weight with DietBet by betting on yourself to lose the weight. There are different competitions going on at all times — some short-term and some long-term — and you can choose to either create your own betting game and invite people to join in, or browse the site and find betting games you want to join. All participants have to throw a little money into the pot, and at the end of the bet the people who have met their goals get to split what’s in the pot.
You can join bets for as little as $10, and if you are one of the winners, you’ll be paid via Paypal. For more details on how DietBet works, you can read my review of the site here.
#3 – Pact
Pact is an app available for iPhone and Android. I love the way this one works! You make a healthy living pact and get paid if you stick to it. If you don’t stick to it, you lose money (it goes to other people using the app who did meet their goals). There are three types of pacts you can make — pacts to log your food, pacts to eat your veggies, and pacts to go to the gym.
The only thing some may not like about Pact is that they do mean it when they say you’ll lose money if you don’t stick to the pacts you made. You have to put a credit card or Paypal account on file with Pact so they can deduct money if you miss a day or don’t follow the steps for verification that you did stick to your goals for the week. But the good news is you decide how much can be deducted by setting your own stakes. And if you stick to your goals, you get money!
The site says most people earn anywhere from . 35 cents to $5 weekly. You can withdraw these earnings to Paypal once you’ve got at least $10 accumulated.
#4 – Nexercise Nexercise is an app available for Apple and Android that is designed to make exercising fun by giving you a chance at rewards like gift cards and coupons to popular stores if you stick to your goals. The chance at the rewards is only available after you’ve completed your exercises, and the exact rewards you have a shot at receiving vary depending on your location. This page on the Nexercise website has a little bit more information on how the rewards system works. I also have a review of Nexercise here. This company is now known as Sworkit. Looks like a good app for working out, but I don’t see a way to earn cash or rewards with it now that the change has been made.
#5 – Higi
Higi is a free site you can sign up for that offers rewards just for tracking your health. The rewards appear to be mostly certificates good at various health-centric retailers, but if that appeals to you then you may want to sign up for this. They also have a fun challenges feature where you can earn points to go toward many of their rewards just by sticking to your goals.
If you decide to try out any of the above sites to help you meet your weight loss goals this year, please comment below and let us know how it goes! Good luck!
This post was written as part of a massive blogger collaboration project — 41 Ways to Make This the Best Year Ever. For more ideas to make this your best year yet, browse the links below for other entries!
1. How to Set and Keep Goals to Make This the Best Year Ever | Jen @ Girl in Garage
2. 15 Ways to Stay Organised at Work During 2015 | Elizabeth Harrin @ A Girl’s Guide to Project Management
3. How Personal Style Will Help You Achieve Goals Faster in 2015 | Cherene Francis @ Aura Image Consulting
4. Completing Those Unfinished Projects in the NEW YEAR | Angela Lerew @ Unexpected Elegance
5. 42 Ways to Practice Perfectly & Become an Expert at Almost Anything | Amy Garro @ 13 Spools
6. Easy Exercises to do on a Cruise Ship | Amanda Woods @ Adventures All Around
7. 10 Simple Ways to Eat Healthier This Year | Dawn @ Reveal Natural Health
8. 31 Days to a More Fabulous You | Julie Bonner @ Mom Fabulous
9. How to Make This the Best Gardening Year Ever | Kendra Spencer @ a Sonoma Garden
10. 5 Ways to Make this Your Best Monarch Season…Ever! | Tony Gomez @ Monarch Butterfly Garden
11. 12 Scriptures for Goals and Guidance | Julie @ Loving Christ Ministries
12. How to Build a Starter Emergency Fund in 30 Days or Less | Jackie Beck @ The Debt Myth
13. Family Verse of the Week Challenge for 2015 | Jamie Yonash @ Life is Sweeter By Design
14. Hot Work at Home Jobs for 2015 | Holly Hanna @ The Work at Home Woman
15. A Year of Intention | Hilary Bernstein @ Accidentally Green
16. 2015: Our Best Year Yet | Ashley @ Leaving the Rut
17. Create a Better Life Story | Bronwen Warner @ Tummy Time and Beyond
18. Get Ready to Get MDfit | Tom and Anne @ Eat & Be Fit
19. 5 Free Ways to Learn Something New This Year | Sarah Fuller @ Earning and Saving with Sarah Fuller
20. Healthy Leek Soup | Mirlandra @ Mirlandra’s Kitchen
21. Health Resolutions: Baby Steps to a New You | Ellen Christian @ Confessions of an Overworked Mom
22. 5 Ways Busy Moms Can Get Motivated to Work Out | Diane Nassy @ philZENdia
23. Be Prepared for the New Year | Jennifer Dunham Starr @ The Memory Journalists
24. 3 Steps to a Healthier Life in 2015 | Joe Goodwill @Average Joe Cyclist
25. New Year’s Resolution: Cook More Often! | Kim Pawell @ Something New for Dinner
26. I Should What? 28 Ways to be Happier | Karen Young @ Hey Sigmund
27. 9 Ways to Get Healthier In The New Year | Amy Maus @ Home and Farm Sense
28. In 2015 Resolve to Take Control of Your Money | Kristia @ Family Balance Sheet
29. Eucharisteo: A Year of Thanksgiving | Lani Padilla @ Simply Fresh Vintage
30. No More Tears at IEP Meetings: Make This Your Best Year Ever! | Lisa Lightner @ A Day In Our Shoes
31. Learn to Save Money on Groceries | Melissa Buckles @ Everyday Savvy
32. How to Achieve Your New Year’s Resolution – For Real This Time! | Michelle @ Dishes and Dust Bunnies
33. 52 Weeks to a Better You: Week 1 – Go to Bed Early | Mindi Cherry @ Moms Need to Know
34. Food Street: How a Community Has Joined Forces to Start a Street Farm | Sam Walker @ Bubble ‘N Squeak
35. Organizing Coupons with the Binder Method | Sara Steigerwald @ Sisters Shopping on a Shoe String
36. How to Make This Year the Happiest Yet | Shambray @ Shambray.com
37. A New Year, A New You | Sharon Rowe @ How to Get Organized at Home
38. 5 Ways to Get Paid for Losing Weight This Year | Anna @ Real Ways to Earn Money Online
39. Tips for Successful Whole30 | Deanna Michaels @ From This Kitchen Table
40. 75 Ways to Be Healthier in 2015 | Maryea Flaherty @ Happy Healthy Mama
41. How to Make 2015 the Best Year Ever! | Jennifer @ My Boys & Their Toys
Fashion Resolutions: How to Add Style to Any Outfit | Ellen Christian @ The Socialite’s Closet