Direct Sales Opps That Are Free or Cheap to Start

in Direct Sales, Home Business

direct sales opps free cheap to startDirect sales is definitely not for everyone. Doing well requires lots of hard work, dedication, and it also goes without saying that results will vary. However, I do personally know several people who are doing well with direct sales. I also realize that there are many people who would like to try their hand in direct selling but may be a little afraid to take the risk because there is a fee for the starter kit of items needed to get going.

Fortunately, not all direct sales companies are created equally. There are many that are actually free — or at least very cheap — to get started with. If you would like to see how well you could do at direct selling, these are companies you can try out with minimal financial risk.

Free to Start

• Kitsy Lane – Selling jewelry and accessories. Earn up to 25 percent commission on each sale.
  • Jewelry In Candles – This is one of those companies where you sell candles that have jewelry inside. You can supposedly earn up to 40 percent commission on sales.
  • PartyLite Candles – This is a candle company where you can start your business at no cost by having a party at your home with at least $350 in sales. If you do not hold a party or generate $350 in sales, the kit costs $99.
  • Fuller Brush – You sell Fuller brand cooking and cleaning supplies. While some of the start up options require you pay a fee, they do have a free option, too.
  • Juxees & Jewel – Selling jewelry. You can sign up with the affiliate option and avoid paying for a kit. You won’t receive a starter kit, but you will get a personalized link so you can sell items on their website and receive a commission.
  • Sara Blaine (Willow House) – Selling jewelry. Sign up as an associate and get your free online boutique and earn 25 percent commission on items you sell.
  • Bella Branch – They have an affiliate program that is free where you can get 25 percent commission for referring people to buy their jewelry. They give you your own personalized website to use for sales.

Cheap to Start

• Avon – Avon is one of the oldest, most reputable companies around. You are primarily selling beauty products, but they have lots of other items, too. It is super cheap to join — just $10. You also get your own free website that you can refer people to for online sales. Earn between 20 and 50 percent commission on sales.
  • Jewelry Candles – Selling candles with jewelry inside. Low $10 start up cost. Earn 20 to 25 percent commission on sales.
  • Country Gourmet Home – Selling mixes, butters, jellies, and other food items. They have a basic enrollment for just $10.95. Get 20 to 45 percent commission.
  • Kat’s Coffees – This one is just $5 to start. You are selling coffee, tea, and condiments.
  • That’s a Wrap – Selling gift wrap and accessories. It’s just $10 to start, but there is an annual $10 fee every year on your sign up anniversary. Earn 20 percent commission on sales.
  • Heritage Makers – Online publishing and digital scrapbooking. They have four starter kits, one that is just $10. Earn 20 percent commission on sales.
  • Simply Fun – Selling educational games/activities for kids. They have a start up option for $19. Earn 25 to 40 percent commission on sales.
  • Noevir – Selling beauty/hair care products. Get started for $25. Earn 30 percent commission on sales.
  • Latasia – Selling jewelry and accessories. Just $25 to start, or you can earn your kit at your first party. Commission is between 40 and 52 percent.
  • Cherish Bound – Selling customized memory books. Get started for $25. Earn 20 to 30 percent commission on sales.
  • doTERRA – Selling essential oils, diffusers, and other products. Get started for $35.

You can find a ton more opportunities on the direct sales page in my directory.

Please keep in mind I cannot personally vouch for any of these companies. You will need to read ALL the fine print before signing up to be a consultant. There could always be “hidden” fees, so make sure you are fully aware of the all the details before you pay anything and register. It’s also a good idea to do some Googling first to see what other consultants and/or customers have to say about the company you’re considering and their products.

If the company you want to join isn’t affordable, keep tabs on them. Sometimes they’ll offer special promotions for potential consultants so you can get started cheaper. You may also be able to find an existing rep who would be willing to sponsor you or help you earn your kit in some way, so that’s another thing to think about.

Are you a direct sales consultant interested in advertising on this site? Details are here.

{ 10 comments }

1 Angie Nelson October 16, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Bella Branch also has an affiliate opportunity that is free. It is higher end jewelry, but super cool!

2 Anna T October 17, 2013 at 6:16 am

Thanks Angie! I will get them added.

3 Monica Lacroix October 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I just signed up last week to be a rep with Jewelry in candles, matter of fact I was coming to your site to tell you and your readers about it then I see that you already found out about it :). It cost nothing to sign up to be a rep plus you get a free web site also. It is a new company and from what I understand they are booming with rep sign ups over 7000.

So with that being said if anyone what’s to be a rep I would love to have you on my team!!

Thanks Anna for having this web page. I know it helps a lot of people out, from you doing all the hard work finding these opportunities is not an easy task.

4 JeanH October 21, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I would love to check into this Monica & possibly join your team. My e-mail addy is j40haut@yahoo.com

5 Monica Lacroix October 26, 2013 at 12:09 am

I sent you a message Jean, Sorry I just saw this!

6 Monica Lacroix November 4, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Just wanted to give you an FYI: on Jewelry in Candles they are ending the free sign up’s 11/15/13.

7 Vickie Musselman November 27, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I am a Rep for Jewelry In Candles. Wonderfully fragrant soy candle and tarts…and every item has a surprise piece of jewelry inside! YOU choose whether you want to receive a necklace, earrings, or a ring. When choosing a ring, you choose your size – available in 6,7,8, or 9. Environmentally friendly soy candles. Our candles are 21 ounces…that’s BIG! Our packages of tarts are 5.5 ounces, compared to a leading competitor’s whose packages are 2.5 ounces. There are 6 BIG melts in each package.
Want to start your own business? Get in NOW while it is still FREE to join. Free sign ups are ending after Thanksgiving. Go to: http://www.jewelryincandles.com/store/vickiemusselman to sign up. I have over 200 people signed up under me, and I am a team leader for my team, Team Grow The Glow. We’d LOVE to have YOU join us!

8 Tiffany Hathorn November 27, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I came across this website while looking for direct sales companies that are free or cheap to join to tell me readers about. I am a Jewelry in Candles rep and love it! I joined October 16th, already have over 300 people on my team, and have earned over $500 in online commissions so far. I know they say you have to spend money to make money, but I’m glad to find one where I was able to make money even BEFORE I decided to buy my sample kit. There aren’t any hidden fees (although they are about to end the free enrollment offer — new reps will be required to purchase a star kit, but most of us do that anyway because the product is just that cool). The website is free and there are no monthly sales quotas. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys the products and who is looking for an affordable business opportunity that allows for you to make money right away. :)

9 Kathy December 28, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Norwex you get your kit free if you sell $2000 in your first 90 days. This is very doable. Most do this with in their first 30-60 days.

10 Trish January 5, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Jewelry In Candles is no longer free to join but it is only $49.95 for the starter kit which is still cheaper than most companies out there! Kit includes samples of all the candle scents and a 21 oz jewelry in candle. You do earn up to 40% commission and it is SO fun to sell these candles! I have done so well with this and honestly didn’t expect to! What is great is I’ve made hundreds of dollars already an only started 8 weeks ago…best part is I’ve done it all from my computer! I do not do house parties or vendor events and am still making money while being able to be home with my son!

Join my team and I will help you make your business a success! You really have nothing to lose because just the candle in the rep kit alone is amazing so you still gained a nice gift for yourself either way :)
Click here to get started! https://www.jewelryincandles.com/store/tricia_santos

Or email me at JicRep2013 @ yahoo.com if you’d like more info :)