Getting Paid to Tag Pictures – Not Currently Hiring

photo-tagging-job

4/18/14 – I was informed by this company they are NOT hiring right now. I will try to update when and if that changes, thanks!

I’ve been following a thread at Work Place Like Home regarding a photo tagging opp. You can read the thread yourself here, but it does appear that people are reporting getting paid.

From what I’ve been reading, you do have to take a test to get approval to do this and not everyone is passing, so the test may be a little challenging. BUT the pay is hourly ($8 an hour) and the work sounds basic enough — just describing objects in photographs. I also get the feeling that this is just an extra money thing because work may not always be available, so if you have another job, I would hang on to it.

Here is some information from the job listing:

Looking to hire immediately for a Photo-Tagging Position.

Your job will be to describe objects in photographs (one description per photograph) quickly and accurately. Photographs will be provided for you.

Pay is $8/hr. The hours are flexible.

This is a great way to supplement your income.

Please send your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.

QUALIFICATIONS
1) Must have extreme attention to detail and descriptive instincts.
2) Must be able to think quickly.
3) Must be able to accurately type at least 45 words per minute.
4) Must also be trustworthy – this position allows you to work from home
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please send resume to contact @ tagpics dot net

Keep in mind if you apply that I have no idea how many people they actually need. The job posting is still up, but there is a chance that they will have all the workers they need very soon and take down their posting. It originally appeared on Craigslist a month or so ago and has since been deleted from there. Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was interested!

Sign up now to receive weekly post updates and bonus job leads!

Comments

1. N'nette says

I heard back but they want me to submit my drivers license to prove that I am a US citizen and able to work here, has anyone else done this and gotten results? Also it appeared they want you to work odd shift hours?

• holly says

the schedule is open, not a weird shift. I had questions about that, too. you work when you can/when work is available.

2. says

I heard back and they seemed really nice. The test is not that hard, they give you specific instructions, however, they do say:

Should you pass the test and are hired, you will be required to attend a tutorial in our office. (their office is in Los Angeles)

• says

Hmm, that is strange. I wonder if that’s a new requirement. I know that the people who have been doing this job at Work Place Like Home appear to be from all over, not necessarily Los Angeles.

Thanks for the info, Rita.

3. Usman Iqbal says

I applied and heard back and took the test. You do not need to attend their office for the tutorial. It is done now over at Google+. Seems to be fairly easy work!

4. Peter says

Hello guyz,

Good day

I would like to ask to any of you? Is this company also hiring outside USA?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Peter

5. Dana says

Hi, I got hired as a tagger and also as a transcriptionist. Hoping these two eggs keep me going for awhile. Finding a job in my area is pretty impossible with all the people applying for administrative assistant jobs. This is what I did for 10 years. Thank you for having this blog, Anna! It has really helped me out!

6. Tarah says

Anyone know how we get paid for this? I’ve have done web searches and read the forum that was linked in its entirety, but wasn’t able to find any info. I have training this coming week, but already started and was just wondering if this was a by check company or Paypal. I would prefer Paypal because I do not have a bank (just me green dot bank account linked to my account).

• Keely says

I was just accepted and they will email you with the payment options. You can choose either PayPal or electronic bank transfer.

7. Jenn G says

I just got the link for the testing via email and am hoping I do well since this sounds like a good side gig. Good luck to all who applied.

8. says

Is the pay for this job actually $8 an hour? Anyone who’s been working there know for sure that they are being truthful?

9. says

I just got a email today from them and I am in Canada! And I did send them my resume which clearly states a Canadian address so I assume maybe its open all over? Anyways The first email was an apology for taking long to get back to me… She hoped I was still interested and noted I would get another email with the link for the test…

It also says in 3-5 days they will let me know if I passed and if I did I am hired. “Should you pass the test and are hired, you will be required to watch an online tutorial.” Maybe you watch it online? I hope! I am so excited I hope I pass the test.

10. Andria says

I’ve been working for them since May. The pay is $8 per hour with bonuses and incentives occasionally offered. They are legit and do pay.

I use it as extra income because $8.00 is good but not great. You can’t always get on to tag, some times the positions are full. I’ve had luck with simply refreshing and being able to get on when I want.

11. Miki says

I took the test and the computer says I had 55% keyword accuracy but it still hasn’t been graded, what might the chances be of passing? I can do $8/hr, I’m in college so I’ve lived on much less…just need to make a car payment and have gas/other money to get around.

12. erica says

I just got an email today they asked for my email address so that they could send me my test. so I am now waiting for an email back with the link to the test. wish me luck guys. and if anyone have any great advice on how to pass let me know please.

• Denise says

My advise: Use the Training Help page as a close study guide. Make sure your internet connection is not slow, whereas I was was unlucky in that department and forfeited most of my timing because it was so slow.

The test is truly easy, if you produce good tag descriptions.
      Good luck!
      Hope this helps!

• Denise says

Also, here’s so advise one of the managers gave me to keep in mind:
      1) Watch your speed. We won’t pass anyone over 10 seconds average.
      2) Watch your spelling.
      3) Only identify ONE object/product per image.
      4) Be descriptive when tagging that object or product. If applicable, mention colour, size, does it belong to a man or a woman. If it is an edible or drinkable product, if applicable, mention flavour, brand name, product name. Is it low-fat, reduced fat, fat free, sugar free, low sodium, 33% more? If you can see it, say it. You do not have to say what the object product is on, near, over, under, eating, doing, etc.
      5) Avoid using the ‘skip reasons’ (not sure, dark, blurry, offensive) unless absolutely necessary. If the image is blurry or dark but you can still identify the object/product, say what it is. If you cannot because it is one big smudge across the screen or it looks like someone took a picture of a black piece of paper, then use ‘blurry’ or ‘dark.’ Just because you don’t know the name of the object/product, you can still describe it.

13. Jess says

I took this test last Wednesday and have been looking for a response everyday. Does anyone know how long it really took them to get a answer?

14. Erica says

Yes u can retake. I failed mines:( but i email them and asked to retake it. They emailed me back today and said that I can so will have to do it tomorrow.

15. Erica says

It only took like a few hours after I took the test for them to respond. Maybe u should email them and ask what’s going on.

16. Janina Rivera says

I began working as a tagger tagging images for this company a week ago I have not been able to get back on the website to tag in 48 hours and have not received a response back from any of the management that is supposed to be managing this website. I’m a little concerned if they are legitimate as they do not seem to have a Google presence at all besides their own website. I do see from this forum that somebody has worked for this company: image searcher, Inc. (Owned by net Ideas, llc. & Dominik Mazur) since May. my question to her would be have they actually paid you and have you physically received your money. I have not been able To be paid via PayPal yet as I just started and have not received my prepaid PayPal debit card yet in the mail. I have accumulated over a hundred and sixty eight dollars in wages from this company but I’m still waiting for my debit card to transfer funds into PayPal. They do offer you the option for in ACH transfer which is a direct deposit into your account or to be paid via PayPal debit card account or to link your own account to PayPal. Ima little concerned this company is not legitimate. I have a family and I’m counting on this income any responses regarding this would Be helpful thank you very much

• Janina says

as update to my above comment> IM working as a tagger of images for this company, I was able to finally log on after 2 days of attempts, it appears the tagger site was just that busy. ill keep y’all posted on the payment status as soon as I find out for myself

• says

Janina,

Are you a member of the Work Place Like Home forum? There are a bunch of people there currently working at the tagging job and also discussing pretty much every aspect of it. Many of those people are also reporting that they’ve been paid. Here is a link to one thread there about it. You will have to register as a member to read the thread and post, but if you’re doing this job it would be well worth the time. Work Place Like Home is a free forum, no charge to sign up and read or post there. It’s a real wealth of info!

17. Heather says

I hate to be the killjoy here, but does anyone know the “official” name of this entity? I see nothing stating the name of this business, organization, etc. OR did I miss some of the data? That makes me leery of applying regardless of workers gaining employment and/or being compensated. Please fill me in if you can, anyone.

• Heather says

Ah……..I skipped this tidbit “image searcher, Inc. (Owned by net Ideas, llc. & Dominik Mazur)”

I apologize for my lack of attention there. I will do my own digging now. Cheers!

18. Heather says

A little update, it appears this work is relevant to —- Image Searcher Inc. Announces CamFind – Mobile Visual Search Released on iOS – Four Times More Accurate Than Google Goggles – See more at: http://www.ereleases.com/pr/image-searcher-announces-camfind-mobile-visual-search-released-ios-times-accurate-google-goggles-134647#sthash.8Ih2u99O.dpuf

With that said, I would say there should be regular work in the present and future. I am going to apply and see what happens.

• says

If the email is coming back to you, they may not be hiring right now. I noticed that there isn’t a way to contact them through the Tagpics.net website, either. I did some checking at Work Place Like Home and many people currently doing this say there is little/no work right now. Hopefully it will pick up soon and they will start adding to the team again.