Phone Work From Home For Nex Rep

in Customer Service, Phone Jobs, Sales

phone work from home for nex repNexRep, formerly known as Stewart Response Group,  is a company hiring virtual agents to work from their homes in their virtual call center. Positions offered are for both inbound and outbound calling. These are independent contractor positions.

Review last updated 7/23/14 – NexRep notified me of some changes.

Positions Available

NexRep hires home agents for a variety of different positions depending on the needs of their clients. Current positions include tech support, virtual sales consulting, virtual receptionist, and beauty consultants.

NexRep Pay

The pay for inbound calling is 100% commission-based with no limit or cap on the amount of money that you can earn. For outbound calling the pay is $5 an hour plus commission. The virtual receptionist pay is $0.25 a minute talk time. Tech support is a flat rate of $10 an hour. Virtual sales consultants receive a base pay of $8 an hour plus commission. Beauty consultants receive a base pay of $10 an hour.

Most NexRep agents are averaging $10 to $15 an hour after the commission is factored into the pay, with top performing agents making over $25.

When Does NexRep Pay?

NexRep pays every two weeks, and options available or mailed check or direct deposit.

Are You Qualified?

NexRep prefers to hire people who have at least two years of call center experience along with a college degree, but they are open to considering applicants who do not meet those requirements. It’s also important that you have basic computer skills at minimum and strong commitment to customer satisfaction and/or sales.

Equipment Needed

To do the work, you need:

• High-speed Internet access hard wired in, no Wi-Fi
  • Windows-based computer with updated software
  • USB headset noise cancelling headset, such as Plantronics 478 Stereo USB Headset/Mic
  • Active email account
  • Unlimited long distance for certification or a Google voice account

Fees to Get Started

There is a $25 fee to cover a background check. NexRep requires this background check for all of their agents because they need to protect their client’s personal information. If you are familiar with phone jobs from home, then you know that being asked to pay for your own background check is not outside the norm.

Only after you have had an assessment and are invited to a certification class will you be asked to pay for the background check.

Training

Certification for Inbound agents is 2 weeks, the first being in a virtual classroom and the second taking live calls and receiving performance feedback and coaching. For the first week the hours will be Monday-Friday 10am-3pm and for the second is Monday-Friday 10am-4pm Eastern Time.

Outbound certification is also 2 weeks, with the first in a virtual classroom and the second taking live calls. For the week in the classroom the schedule is Tuesday-Friday from 11am to 4pm and the second week certification will be Monday-Friday from 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm Eastern Time.

Certification for tech support is 2 weeks Monday-Friday 10am-3:30pm Eastern Time. Most of the time will be spent in the virtual classroom along with practicing troubleshooting techniques.

Virtual receptionists have certification for 1 week Monday-Friday 10am-3pm Eastern Time. This will include time in the classroom and taking practice calls.

Certification for virtual sales consultants is 1 week, Tuesday-Friday 11am-4pm Eastern Time. This will include time in the classroom and taking practice calls.

Certification for beauty consultants is 1 week Monday-Friday 10am-4pm Eastern Time. This will include time in the classroom and taking practice calls.

Scheduling

Your schedule at NexRep will depend on your position.

Inbound takes calls 24/7, and you must work at least 2 hours at a time.

Outbound is open 7 days a week from 9am – 11pm Eastern Time. Both inbound and outbound have a minimum requirement of 15 hours a week.

Tech support operates 7 days a week from 9am -10pm Eastern Time with a 25 hour a week minimum.

The virtual receptionists take appointment setting calls Monday-Saturday 7am-12am and Sunday 7am-10pm Eastern Time, with a 15 hour a week minimum.

Virtual sales consultants operate from 9am-9pm Eastern Time 7 days a week, with a 20 hour a week minimum.

Beauty consultants are required to work a 20 hour a week minimum within Monday-Friday 6am-10pm and Saturday 8am-6pm EST.

Feedback

As is the case with most work from home companies, feedback is a little mixed — some positive, some negative. You will just have to decide for yourself after doing the research if you’d want to apply.

Here are some links to use:

• WAHM – This is the search page displaying lots of results where people are discussing Nex Rep.
  • Work Place Like Home Nex Rep forum – Work Place Like Home has it’s own mini-forum for this company. You will have to register as a member here to view the forum.
  • Glassdoor – There are a few different pages of reviews on NexRep at Glassdoor. Here is another one.

Want to apply?

Go here for details on getting started. Good luck if you decide to apply. Please share below if you have experience with this company.

1 Sandra June 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm

For the receptionist job, the hours are still flexible although you do have to create a schedule for yourself – YOU choose the hours. However, appointments are only booked up until midnight EST, meaning that you can’t work overnight; you have to choose hours between 8am – midnight. You take calls for The DryBar, which has salons located all over the US. How much you make really depends on which hours you work. Since pay is .25 per talk time, you want to schedule yourself during the busy hours which are usually afternoon and evenings. You have the potential to make between $11-$13 an hour.

2 Anna T June 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for the input, Sandra!

3 sandra July 1, 2013 at 3:48 pm

LOL, I’m going to have to add onto my first post above! I first thought that NexRep would be a great place to work for. I applied, paid my $25 for training, and I then got schedule to start training on May 28. The training was from May 28-June 4. I started my training on the 28th as scheduled but due to gall bladder issues and me not having any amniotic fluid left (I was pregnant), I had to have an emergency c-section on June 3rd. I notified Erica and let her know what was going on. She told me to contact her as soon as I wanted to start working, etc. I then sent her an email once I got back home and I let her know that I was recovering, but would be ready in a few days. She never responded to me. I contacted one of the supervisors and asked her to let Erica know I’ve been trying to complete my training, etc – no reply. So I then email one of the other managers that does hiring and I explain the situation.

I finally got a message from Erica after that, apologizing and stating that she did not forget about me and that she could set me up to do test calls the next day. I replied and said that was fine but that she didn’t give me a time. Well, two days went by and still, no reply with a time. I then emailed her again. This time I get a day and time to do the test calls. I did my test calls and was then told to email Erica and she would tell me what to do next. I emailed her and asked her what to do next and got no reply.

This has all been dragging out for 3 1/2 weeks now. I feel that this is unprofessional. While I was sitting here waiting to finish up, other girls were getting hired and starting. I have no idea why I was singled out and treated so unprofessionally. I would have much rather received an email stating “We’re sorry, all positions are filled” than getting the run-around which turned out to keep my hopes up, and ending unproductively. I’m more than disappointed. I counted on this job. I’m a single mother with 4 kids and have bills that need to be paid. The whole run-around that I received caused me to waste an unnecessary amount of time which i could have spent pursuing something else. :(

4 Anna T July 1, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I’m sorry, Sandra. Sounds very disorganized! I also hate when situations are like that … continually emailing and either getting no response or late responses about important things. I’m sorry about your health issues and sincerely hope that you hear from them soon. If you don’t, there are a lot of other options if phone work is what you’re looking for. Some other good companies that people talk about having positive experiences with (just right off the top of my head) are Direct Interactions and the Active Network, although Active Network does not pay well, the work is really easy and apparently steady.

5 Sandra B. August 26, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Hi Anna!

It was disorganized but it was only that particular project. I’ve switched to outbound television sales and it’s very different – very organized and professional! :-)

6 Sandra August 15, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I hate and I mean hate working for Nex Rep, but I need the money. Andrew who writes the scripts has a horrible attitude. I started to tell him to quit damn emailing me about those scripts last time he sent me an email. I put him in my spam mail as I do not need the stress. I am not going to force people to buy crap they do not want. I don’t know why they don’t care more about the main product that people are calling in about versus those darn clubs. I have had people curse me out so many times and one lady who probably stuck the phone as close to her vocal chords as she could get it yelling that she does not want that other stuff. Although in the end they all said they understood I was doing my job, but they just didn’t want the club offers. Nex Rep really pushes you to sell this crap. I have really good luck upselling to their most expensive packages but those clubs ruin it every time. My first pay check was the saddest one I had ever seen. As soon as a new opportunity comes I am quitting. If the only script I had to read was Hampshire Labs I would be so happy, but those others ones where you are trying to sell 4 additional clubs suck. I have an anxiety attack everytime I have to do a sale for those.

7 Sandra B. August 26, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Then why don’t you just quit if you don’t like selling the clubs? You do earn commission for the clubs so I don’t get what you are complaining about. And if you hate your job, there is no way you can do it efficiently! I like Andrew; he’s actually pretty helpful. If you adjusted your attitude slightly, you just may do a bit better. Having a negative will turn you into a poor salesman.

I do outbound and I like it. I dislike the clubs myself but they are part of the job and give me the opportunity to make more money.

8 Vincent November 18, 2013 at 7:54 pm

This company’s recruiting practices are questionable. I applied a day or two ago and received an email stating I was not going to be moved forward. I have several years of customer service experience, especially working from home. So, I’m not sure why I was denied. Unless, of course, they don’t want males working on their programs.

9 Kristi December 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I applied to work for next rep on Friday night and they had emailed me today to set up a phone assessment. I think I applied for the outbound catalog section because they said they were hiring right away. I have many years in customer service, working as a virtual assistant and being a manager in retail. I’m happy to hear all the positive comments about the company and I hope to get on board with the company.

10 Brooklyn Weisner March 14, 2014 at 9:56 am

With respect to the $25 for “sales materials” that NexRep charges new hires (and the reviewer complained that all it was is emailed scripts) – as far as I and a couple of friends of mine who worked for NexRep have been able to determine, the money is actually used for a background check. One individual on the workplacelikehome board says they were told that, the rest of us were given the “sales material” claim (and I still have the email that says that).

In my original training group, there was a woman who was terminated the first week because she supposedly failed a background check – and yet, they hadn’t told any of us a background check was going to be done.

My guess is that this is a lie that NexRep tells potential candidates because a lot of people (including me) don’t apply to companies that charge them for a background check. I have nothing in my background to be worried about, I just don’t feel like putting out the money for that purpose and I bypass companies and jobs that want me to pay for one.

Take this as a hint as to what working for NexRep will be like, at least on the inbound side where I worked. Almost all of the scripts that we were required to read stretched the truth, and the whole selling technique is really based on misleading advertising and confusing wording, so when you say “OK?” the customer thinks they are agreeing to something simple (like taking down a customer service number), when really they are agreeing to getting an autoship.

Very sad, felt quite sleazy to work there. Add to this the fact that at least 3/4 of the customers are really old (seventies, eighties, even nineties), clearly have hearing problems, are often quite sick, and regularly apparently mental acuity problems – and it’s not a pretty picture. imho what NexRep inbound is really doing is deceiving and ripping off old people. And the clubs are just bizarre – totally inappropriate in a context where what is allegedly being sold is natural products.

11 j July 11, 2014 at 8:11 am

Bill@nexrep.com Bill does the hiring so just email him if you don’ hear from him within a week. Great company to work for if your a salesperson.