3 Popular Apps Like Ibotta

Several days ago I posted about the Ibotta app — an app that pays you back for the money you spend at the grocery store. I’ve been a big fan of the app because not only is the cash out threshold very low (just $5) making it very easy to get paid often, but Ibotta also sends you your money instantly after it’s showing in your account and you request it. I’ve cashed out a few times now and the money was transferred to Paypal right away! So of course that got me thinking, are there any other apps like Ibotta? I did some checking around and actually found a few that are similar and pretty good:

Checkout 51

The main difference between Ibotta and Checkout 51 is that you can use Checkout 51 at ANY store (even online). Also, Checkout 51 can be web-based whereas with Ibotta you must use the app. However, Checkout 51 won’t let you redeem your earnings until you’ve hit $20 and there is no Paypal option. You have to wait on a check to be mailed to you.

Go here to sign up for Checkout 51 or here to read my full review of the app.

Receipt Hog

Receipt Hog is another “scan your receipt” and get paid app. However, this one pays you in coins for each receipt you scan and upload. You can then redeem these coins for cash, donations, or goods. Right now Receipt Hog is open to only a limited number of participants. It currently just works for devices using Apple although it will be coming for Android soon.

Saving Star

This one isn’t a “scan your receipt” app, but you can use it to get paid cash back for buying certain things at the grocery store just like you do with the others mentioned above and the cash out is low at just $5. Also, you don’t even have to use the app so this is great if you don’t actually have a mobile device. You can just sign up at Saving Star and do everything on your computer. The catch with this one is that you do have to connect your store loyalty card in order to get the money back. Saving Star has a ton of different supported products and they change each month. Lots of people do really well with this one.

These apps are all great to use to earn money and maximize your savings. Ibotta is my favorite so far — I just love the interface, the low cash out threshold, and how they pay me right away! The Ibotta app makes it possible to bring home as much as $20 to $40 per shopping trip if you buy the things on their offer wall.

Please share below if you’ve used these or know of any other apps like Ibotta!

Note: This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.

Sign up now to receive weekly post updates and bonus job leads!

Comments

1. Christine says

Endorse is awesome. You can easily get a few dollars every week, way better than ibotta! I love it. But it’s great to have a few of these, why not? This way you have a lot of options.

• Ashley says

I completely agree here. I’ve gotten back like 15 dollars from endorse in two weeks! They had 20% back on any fast food last week, so it’s not just limited to grocery stores. Every store I’ve used it at it works.

• Brittany says

I’m not saying Endorse is bad, but Ibotta is pretty amazing. I’ve earned $40 in less than a month buying mostly items that I had store and manufacturer’s coupons for. Several items, I got totally free. Some, I even made a profit from buying. I see this comment was made in January and I didn’t start using Ibotta until July, so maybe they have just really improved since your review, but they are just throwing money at me. :)

• says

I love Ibotta, I only started using it in June and have already made $189.75. I’m sure it would be a lot more if I had people on my team that helped out more. I’m pretty much the only one that shops using the app. Do you have any suggestions on where to find team members?

• says

Do you have a Facebook, Twitter, or other social media accounts? You can share it there — be sure to let everyone know how much you’ve made! That is an impressive amount and would certainly entice people to sign up.

Also, are you active on any online forums? If so, you can add your Ibotta referral link with a catchy tagline (possibly saying how much you’ve earned this year) to your signature line on the forum if the forum allows it. Not all forums allow you to create a signature line. But if you’re allowed, the signature line will show up with every post you make.

2. says

I don’t have a smartphone for the ones that require that, so I like eBates. Since I just bought a house, I’ve been doing more shopping than normal and I’ve earned over $100 on eBates. Nice to have that money since I would’ve made those purchases anyway.

3. says

I’ve never heard of receipt hog?! What’s interesting is it seems you could double dip between the apps. So if ibotta and endorse both have the same store, Im wondering if you could get credit for both, and then another one for receipt hog? Interesting!

• says

I think you can do that actually! It would certainly benefit to use them all if you had time to. I love that apps like this are popping up everywhere. Hope to find out about some more soon!

4. Caressa says

Just an update of sorts… There is an app called Shopkick that somewhat fits into this category, but you earn gift cards instead. I have been paid several times on it, but it is hard to add up to a decent amount. However, if you combine multiple apps like this in one outing, it would be more beneficial in the long run… And Shipkick is not solely on items bought or even grocery stores. There are stores in the malls that if you just walk into it, you get points, or scan a poster, or scan items that you do not have to actually purchase… It is worth checking into if you use a combination of the apps listed already.

5. tasha says

Ive tried about every money-making app there is & ive got to say endorse & Iboltta has been the best. Endorse is now no longer available though. But I highly recommend Iboltta if your looking to save a few bucks daily. I deposited $19.75 into my paypal account just from my last shopping trip. Sign up here to earn $10 just for tryng out the app.

let me know how well it works for you!

6. JillR says

Ok so there’s a new app JUST like ibotta!!! Only you don’t have to wait to earn $5 to cash out!!! Money is sent to your paypal with every offer you buy!!! It’s called Shopmium and yes it works, I’ve cashed out many times. You buy the item and scan the receipt! Also, in exchange for the new info, I would love if you would use my referral code:MCGHUCQV when signing up, you also get a free Lindt chocolate bar for using it happy earning folks!!

7. Denise Davis says

I just signed up for Shopmium. I’m not sure about that one yet. I am signed up with Ibotta and also with Checkout 51 and just they both pay you if they both have the same items on it. I purchased the items for all the Glade products and used coupons for ever item and got them when they were on sale and got all of them for free and made money off of it. I am a coupon freak. Then if you go to a grocery store and use other stores adds, they will match it, so they are worth it and most of the time you are buying stuff that’s on either one of those sites, so why not get money back. I know that you said Shopmium gives you money back every time you use it and if that’s the case, that’s great. I will find out soon, cause I’m about to use the site.