Here is a list of companies that regularly hire people for work at home transcription. The list is broken down by companies that will accept entry level transcribers with little to no experience and companies that require experience. Please note this list is primarily for general transcription although many of these companies do hire for legal, medical, and other types of transcription in addition to general.
I’ll be transferring this list over to my directory soon. I hope this helps some of you! Please feel free to suggest additions to this list.
Entry Level OK
- AccuTran Global – Prefers experience but will hire newbies if skills test is passed.
- Allegis Communications – Hires occasionally for people to transcribe 20 hours per week. Pays twice a month with direct deposit. Hires newbies if grammar and transcription tests are passed.
- Appenscribe – Will hire newbies. Open worldwide. Company is based out of Australia.
- BAM! Transcription – This company will hire beginners if a skills test is passed. The app is not on their site, so you’ll have to contact them via their contact form to get info on applying.
- Casting Words – Beginners OK. All work done through Amazon MTurk.
- GMR Transcription – Entry level OK. Hires from US and also Canada.
- Quicktate – No experience needed. Must take a test before being hired. Hires in US & other countries.
- Scribie – No experience needed. Must take test. Hires worldwide.
- SpeechInk – Beginners OK. All work is done through Amazon MTurk.
- Tigerfish – Entry level OK. Must take test. US only.
- TranscribeMe – This is another company that’s open to hiring beginners. Pays via Paypal, no exp. needed to get in.
- Ubiqus – Hires for all types of transcription. Will consider beginners. Must type at least 70 wpm.
- Verbal Ink – Occasionally hiring for general transcription. They hire US-based transcribers only and do prefer experience, but you can still get in if you do well on their test.
- Accuro Transcription – UK based company, hires people w/experience for legal and medical transcription.
- At Home Typing Service – The transcription positions here require at least five years of experience.
- Cambridge Transcription – Hires for legal and corporate transcription, experience required.
- Chromolume Transcription – Requires some experience. You must email them to find out if they are hiring.
- Cyber Dictate – Are currently looking for US based workers with experience in legal transcription.
- eTranscription Solutions – Typing speed of no less than 80 wpm required. Experience needed, details on career page.
- Expedict – Hires only experienced audio transcriptionists. They receive a lot of applications so it may take a while to hear back if you apply.
- Fantastic Transcripts – Requires experience. Not currently hiring, but will keep your info on file.
- Focus Forward – This company is often hiring (I see their ads on Craigslist a lot). Experience required, accepts both English and Spanish language transcriptionists.
- Hollywood Transcription – This company may require experience though it is not stated as a requirement on the website. You must type at least 65 wpm.
- Landmark Associates – Must take test, and they require experience.
- Modern Day Scribe – Must contact them via email to find out if they are hiring. US only.
- Neal R. Gross & Co. – Hires experienced transcribers on a 1099 basis.
- Net Transcripts – Lots of law enforcement based work, must pass background check for this work. Also hires for financial transcription.
- On the Record Reporting and Transcription – Must live in Austin, TX area because you will be required to work in the office during training time.
- Pioneer Transcription Services – Experience needed. Accepting workers for all types of transcription, also needs bilingual transcribers.
- Preferred Transcriptions – Does medical, legal, and general transcription. One year experience required for general.
- Production Transcripts – Must be experienced. Fill out online application. Hires sporadically.
- Same Day Transcriptions – Professional transcribers only. Some federal work.
- Say It Back – Entertainment transcription. Must have digital foot pedal and software.
- Silent Secretary – Full and part-time positions. Prefers experience.
- Speak Write – Does both legal and general transcription. Work is on a contract basis and you must have experience.
- Take 1 – Entertainment transcription. Appears to be a UK based company. Prefers experience.
- Talking Type Captions – Must email them via their contact page for more info on transcription positions.
- Terescription – Does entertainment, business, legal, and education transcription. Requires experience.
- TSI Transcription Services – They prefer experience, but you may be able to get in with some very limited experience provided you meet their minimum qualifications.
- Transcription Experts – US only for remote work. Minimum 2 years experience.
- Transcription Outsourcing – Hiring professional and committed transcriptionists. Many types of transcription.
- Voxtab – Hires transcribers from around the world.
- We Scribe It – Must have at least six months experience in the last two years for general transcription.
- WorldWide Dictation – Not always hiring. You have to keep a watch on the opportunities page for openings.
Please note that not all of these companies are hiring right now. Be sure to check their career pages for open employment opportunities (if they have a career page), before emailing about jobs.
P.S. – Want to be taught how to do general transcription? Then you might want to check out this reputable eCourse that teaches you exactly how to do the work (increasing your chances of getting hired by just about any company) and how to begin making money. The self-paced intro course lasts for seven days and is free!This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Get Home-Based Job Leads in Your Inbox.
16,000 other subscribers are getting blog updates and new work at home leads in their inbox every Saturday. Want to be one of them?
I'll also send you my FREE report, Top 10 Ways to Work at Home.