BoostCTR Update – My Experience and Tips

Get Paid to Write AdsNow is a good time for me to give an update on my experience with BoostCTR since I have been actively using the site. I did a write-up on them back in May, but hopefully this will provide more detail.

If you never read the review I wrote,  you can check it out here. But basically BoostCTR is a site where you can potentially get paid for writing short ads. You know the ads by Google that you see on some webpages that are just text? Those are the kinds of ads you write here. These are short and you only have to come up with 30 to 40 words which I guess seems easy, but it’s actually a little challenging.

In case you haven’t tried it yet, here are some things you should know:

It’s a Little Intimidating at First

I know a lot of people hesitate to try writing text ads for BoostCTR because it does seem a bit intimidating at first, especially if you’re not familiar with copywriting/writing ads. The best advice I can give you is to just go for it. It took me a while to dive in and write some ads because my mind kept hitting this wall when I tried to think of how to word things.

At first you think, “Just 30 to 40 words? I can do this!” … until you sit down and actually try. Initially, my problem was overthinking things. But I read over their guidelines and looked at the way other Google ads are structured and worded online. I can’t stress enough how important it is to closely examine a typical Google text ad before you begin writing them. You need to know what they look like and kind of get a feel for the tone/voice used in the average ad.

I was thrilled when I got an email saying my first few ads were accepted and even more thrilled when I received payment for those ads. This gave me the confidence I needed to keep moving forward.

There is a Learning Curve

Don’t be surprised to get a few rejections. While most of my ads have been accepted, I have also had a few rejected. But you can learn from these rejections so that you don’t make the same mistakes in the future.

One of my rejections occurred because I didn’t read the advertiser’s guidelines closely enough and put a word in the ad that it specifically said not to use. Big mistake! Before you begin, always always read the advertiser’s guidelines, don’t just skim them and think, “I got it.” Actually read them. In fact, just go ahead and read them twice so it really sinks in.

I also had a few of my ads edited because I used an exclamation point and a question mark in the same ad. Apparently this violates Google AdWords rules, so it had to be edited out. I was lucky that was not a rejection too, and I made an immediate mental note not to do that again.

BoostCTR has done a great job of providing tons of literature for new writers to go over before beginning. This might seem a little overwhelming to read through, but definitely do it. It will help you a ton, especially if you’re feeling confused about how things work.

Payment Is Not Immediate

I can vouch for the fact that BoostCTR pays you for accepted ads as I have been paid a few times now. But you should know it can take up to a week for the advertiser to approve your ad once you submit it, although in my experience it happens a little sooner than that most of the time.

After your ads are accepted, you have to wait for payment which occurs every Tuesday. Also, the pay period runs from Monday to Sunday, so for example if you write an ad that gets accepted on a Monday, you can’t expect payment the next day. It will be the next Tuesday.

The best advice I can give if you want to be sure you earn money every week is to write ads consistently!

There are Two Kinds of Contests

I know this is confusing to some people, but after you are accepted as a writer and you log in to check out contests to write for, you’ll see two different kinds. Some will just offer $2 as the prize and others will be $10 and up. You get paid for the $2 ads faster because all that has to happen before the money goes into your balance at BoostCTR is for the advertiser to accept the ad.

The higher-paying ads have to not only be accepted by the advertiser, but they must also perform the highest for at least 14 days in order for you to get the money. So the lesser paying ads give you the fastest return on your efforts.

Would you like to write for BoostCTR?

You can sign up here, but please keep in mind that you may be placed on a waiting list before being accepted depending on their current need for writers.

Comments

1. says

Thank you so much for sharing info about Boost CTR! I tried them out thanks to your last article and I it took me a while to get my feet wet. .. But I am so glad I did! I am still very new to it but I am hoping to make these a part of my daily schedule.

2. says

GREAT REVIEW! You did a great job of describing our service in detail. It is important to recognize the learning curve for ad writing but we have recently posted a number of videos that help to reduce the curve for people new to Adwords and our system.

We have recently introduced a new payment system that can direct deposit so that you can avoid Paypal fees as well. We are also moving to paying writers every day of the week instead of once a week in the coming months.

Our international business is also growing so if you speak a second language look for new contests in Spanish, French, Portuguese and more.

Thanks for the mention

-Rob Lenderman
    Co-Founder BoostCTR

• says

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Ron :) I am happy to hear that payments may occur faster in the future! Also very exciting you are expanding internationally!!

3. Born27 says

This is the first time I have heard about this kind of job.. Interesting actually. I should give this a try too! Thanks for the information.

4. says

Now that you have the swing of things with CTR, on average, how long would you say it takes you to come up with an ad for the $2 payout? I’m trying to get a general idea of what the pay per hour could average out to be (I know you probably can’t work for an hour straight, but you probably understand what I’m saying!).

• says

Hmm, probably 3 to 10 minutes on average. Sometimes it only takes about three minutes, but other times it takes as long as ten. I don’t think it has ever taken me more than 10 minutes to think of an ad to write.

5. Chelle says

I applied and haven’t heard back from them. It’s been almost a month. I was really hoping to hear back from them by now. I live in Canada so it’s hard to find sites (I use Mturk but can only use the Amazon gift card – very frustrating) that interest me and pay by Paypal or to a Canadian bank account.

6. Jes says

Hi, Thanks, I found the site fun to work for. I have not been paid because I do not understand their payment info setup thing. You state that they pay through Paypal, but when I provided my Paypal email I received nothing . I found that my payment settings were set to ‘no payment method’ or some other generic setting , which I dont understand. Surely providing my Paypal email was sufficient? Then I messaged them and was instructed to fill in the section under ‘payment info”. I cant see why I have to choose something under that heading, since I want to be paid via Paypal! The options there include checks and wire transfer, nothing else. They also expect me to add my actual address and account number etc, which is unreasonable to me, especially since I dont want wire transfers or checks and there are so many scammers online.So, just letting you know that for some of us, there does not seem to be a way to be paid into paypal, which is weird, since I have a verified bank account linked to paypal….Just thought I would bring this up.

7. says

This place took me through a lot of changes in 2012. First, I applied and tested. It wasn’t up to par, so I was told to try again. I did that about 3 months later and I passed the test but got correspondence saying they didn’t need people at that time. When people began talking about them, I signed in but was prompted to test again. Then I was told that my name would be on a list. >((