HSN (Home Shopping Network) is a company I see advertising work at home positions quite frequently. As you probably know, HSN is a very well-known company that has been around for a long time. Currently they have both sales/customer service positions available, although these are specific to certain locations.
Right now HSN has positions open in St. Petersburg FL (727 or 813 area code), Roanoke VA (within one hour driving distance of their VA facility, in zip code 24012), and Nashville TN (615 or 931 area code).
How much does HSN pay?
The customer service positions start at $11 an hour and the sales positions start at $10 an hour. Your training time is also paid.
Are there any other benefits?
In addition to paid training, you also get paid time off, 401K, and employee discounts. People who work full-time can also receive medical insurance. You can begin receiving these benefits on the first day of the month following your hire date.
What does the job involve?
You are going to be completing sales transactions, addressing customer concerns, and also some upselling which you will receive incentives for. All calls for both sales and customer service positions are inbound.
What are the requirements to apply?
Most importantly, as stated above, you must live in or around one of the three areas they are hiring in (St. Petersburg, FL, Roanoke, VA, or Nashville, TN.) They also prefer if you have had some customer service or sales experience in the past. It’s also necessary that you’re comfortable navigating a personal computer with Windows, Outlook, etc.
What are the technical requirements?
They have a long list of requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) Operating System – No Macintosh computers
- Minimum Processor Type: Intel, AMD Athlon, AMD Duron, Celeron or Pentium III or better with a minimum processor speed of 1 GHZ (1000 MHz) and a minimum RAM of 1 GB for Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- 500 MB minimum free disk space
- Sound Card with Speakers
- 17″ or larger color monitor capable of displaying a resolution of 1024 X 768
- Mouse and Keyboard (wireless is allowed). If using a laptop computer, you must have a wired desktop mouse connected to the laptop for proper navigation
- Headset compatible with your phone and connected to the phone (wireless headset/phone is not permitted)
- Internet Explorer Version 7.0 or higher
- The latest updates can be obtained from Microsoft’s web site
- Anti-Virus protection installed
You can check Home Agent Headsets to purchase what you need for making/taking calls for HSN. They have the phone equipment specifically for HSN listed for sale.
What do most people say about working from home for HSN?
I did a search on WAHM to see if I could find some feedback, and there are a lot of posts about it:
I dug through some of those and the feedback was pretty good overall. Be sure to notice the date on the posts you read though because some are very old and all the information may no longer be relevant.
Would you like to apply for HSN?
You can browse the open positions here. Good luck!
Get Home-Based Job Leads in Your Inbox.
20,000 other subscribers are getting blog updates and new work at home leads in their inbox every Saturday. Want to be one of them?
I'll also send you my FREE eBooklet, Top 10 Ways to Work at Home.