Non Phone Job Posting – Call Reviewer

in Miscellaneous

Century Interactive Call Reviewer

The other day I added a neat non-phone job lead to the job leads board. As you probably know, non-phone jobs, especially those not requiring a lot of experience or training, are fairly hard to come by so I was excited to see this one pop up. I originally found the lead while browsing the Telecommute folder on the WAHM forum, and it looked like the person who posted it there had found it on Non-Phone Jobs, a good work at home website I visit occasionally that sticks to non-phone listings. So, here’s more info:

Call Reviewing

The company behind this job is Century Interactive. They have a new service they’ve started that involves human call reviewers called “Humanatic.” Basically, if hired, you primarily just listen to calls through your computer, sort them into different categories, and tag them. So here you are not doing any talking — just listening! That means you don’t have to worry about your kids screaming, dogs barking, etc. Unless of course they’re being loud enough to keep you from being able to hear. The purpose of the tagging/sorting calls is to make it easier for marketers/business owners to differentiate between calls that are potential leads and real business opportunities from calls that are not. This, I would imagine, saves some time for them.

There is a really useful video put out by Century Interactive explaining exactly what their call reviewers do. I’ve embedded it below, so if you are still confused, maybe watching it will help you to better understand:

Is this really legit?

Yes, this is legit. You are free to check out the Century Interactive website to learn more about the company behind it. They have been around for quite a while and offer a real service.  I applied and was hired, and I have already been paid.

How much does call reviewing pay?

Your pay depends on the type of calls you are reviewing. Currently, if you are reviewing calls to determine if it’s a new business opportunity, you get paid 3.9 cents per task. If you are reviewing calls to determine whether or not the caller got to speak to the intended person, you get 1.1 cent per completed task.

Also, payments are made via either Paypal or a mailed check. You get paid each week on Monday afternoon.

How is the schedule?

There is no set schedule, you can log on and off at your leisure and work whenever you want. I love jobs that don’t require me to be in one spot at a certain time.

Is this an employee or an independent contractor position?

You work for Humanatic as an independent contractor.

What are the requirements to apply?

The job posting says they need US based native English speakers for this job. There are no degree requirements, but it’s preferred that you have at least a high school diploma.

Is the work consistent?

I have been doing this for a few weeks now, and the work is not very consistent. It comes and goes throughout the day. Unless the workload increases (and they claim it will), I would not recommend using this as your only source of income.

Want to read more?

There are two threads right now about this job on Work Place Like Home and WAHM. Not a lot of info, but if you have your own questions or want to read what others are saying, these would be good to check.

Update – WAHM now has an entire folder for Humanatic workers. Lots of good info there!

How do you apply?

The page to apply is located here. The application is very short and they do not ask for a lot of information.

Even if they don’t need anyone now, it’s good to know this is out there now for people to do from home. What a flexible opportunity!

1 Sakeenah January 19, 2012 at 11:17 am

Thanks! This would be great for me, but it sounds like it’s very popular. Hope you hear back.

2 Anna January 19, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Thanks! If they are all filled up this time, maybe some of us will get in the next time they hire :)

3 Nicoyle January 19, 2012 at 11:57 am

Very interesting lead. I went ahead and applied.

4 Anna January 19, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Good luck Nicoyle. Like I said in the comment above, if you don’t make it in this round, they may hire again at a later date, so it’s always good to have the app in.

5 Nicoyle January 19, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Good luck to you too.

6 Patrick January 20, 2012 at 8:42 am

Glad to see that you guys picked this up. It is a very legitimate opportunity and growing every day. We expect to double the volume of calls needing review in the next few weeks and our need for reviewers is great. Work when you want for as long as you want. There is no cap on earnings, all you have to do is maintain an acceptable accuracy level. It’s easy and fun and we’ll will deposit earnings directly into your paypal account. Prisma Garcia is our Humanatic Manager and she would love to hear from you. prisma.garcia@centuryinteractive.com

7 Anna January 20, 2012 at 9:45 am

Thanks for commenting and the extra info, Patrick. Can you confirm about how long it takes to hear back after applying? I submitted an app a few days ago as did several others. Should we email Prisma as well if we are interested in working? It sounds like a great earning opportunity!

8 Prisma Garcia January 20, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I am thrilled to see interest generating in this position. Please jump onto http://www.Humanatic.com and take a look. You can apply via the application found on this site. As more and more of our clients demand this offering, we will need more Human reviewers. We are looking for dedicated individuals interested in making some extra money on their own schedule and pace. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. I appreciate all your support in the growth of this technology.

9 Anna January 20, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Thanks Prisma! I did apply a few days ago (as did several others). We are all looking forward to hearing back soon and getting started. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and comment!

10 Prisma Garcia January 20, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Anna and others,

I am in the review process, but I will definitely be getting back to everyone soon. Please do not despair. I appreciate all of your interest!!

11 Anna January 20, 2012 at 1:37 pm

12 Peggy April 16, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I applied two weeks ago at least and have not heard from them at all.

What should I get from them, so I can get started?

How does one know if there is any work to do?

Thanks,
peggy

13 Dominique January 20, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Great lead. Thanks so much for posting. Hope to hear back from them soon.

14 metree January 20, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I am very interested in this position. I applied a couple days ago. I am wondering if it would also help to email my resume as well. I did not include my resume in the application just basic information about my past jobs as the application page called for.

15 Jamie January 20, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I too applied several days ago. I like the fact that they cam on here and replied. that makes me feel better.

16 Jean January 20, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I just applied also. Need to get my 2 apps in a week and this looks interesting. I have been looking for a non-phone job since my daughter was born 3-1/2 yrs ago.

17 Erica January 20, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I just applied as well. Looking forward to hearing back soon….

18 Halina January 20, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Hi Anna: I applied to this site today and was accepted today. I listened to several phone calls, received a random bonus, and now my earnings are already at $4.71. The only question I have is what kind of threshold is needed before earnings are paid out through my Paypal account. And also, do I submit this info to the IRS? Thank you for notifying us about this earnings opportunity!

19 Halina January 20, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hello back Anna! I just reached my first payout on this site; apparently, you need to reach $5 before you reach a payout threshold. Payouts are processed every Monday. Yay!

20 Anna January 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Oh that’s wonderful news! I love weekly pay! Thanks Halina for stopping by and updating me.

I really want to do this too. Prisma, are you by chance still going through apps or are you guys all filled up for now?

21 Denisa January 21, 2012 at 12:01 am

I would really love to have this gig, I applied a few days ago so I hope to hear something soon. Thank you Prisma for coming on here and keeping everyone updated!

22 Molly January 21, 2012 at 9:45 am

I applied the morning of the 20th and heard back with a “Humanatic needs you! Here’s your log in information” email the same day. I wonder if their speed in responding and/or acceptance depends on what you list as your current and previous jobs? They seem worried about conflict of interest, so if you’re in a field with little to no conflict of interest (I teach/tutor online and am a published author) they may be faster to approve you. I haven’t logged in yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

23 Anna January 21, 2012 at 11:39 am

Could be, Molly. I’m not 100 percent sure if that would have an effect or not, but I can see how it certainly could. Congrats on getting in!

24 Stacey January 22, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I was wondering the same thing Molly as I have yet to hear a thing and I applied a week ago.

25 Molly January 23, 2012 at 9:14 am

It’s a really easy, fun, interesting online job. I like that there’s no set schedule so you can listen to calls whenever you have free time. I hope those waiting here back soon!

26 Deborah January 21, 2012 at 10:57 am

I see some people saying they have gotten an immediate response and started working right away. I applied on the 19th, I hope to hear something soon.

27 Anna January 21, 2012 at 11:39 am

Yeah, I’ve been seeing that too Deborah. I applied about three days ago and have not heard back, but then many others are hearing back right after applying. So maybe they are working their way through the apps from most recently received? Either way, good luck to both of us. I hope we hear soon (and anyone else waiting).

28 Stacey January 22, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I applied over a week ago and have yet to hear a thing, I hope its just do the review process as I woul love to have this job!

29 Bev January 23, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I’m still waiting too, would really love to have this. Hey, if you are reading this,,, pls hire us!

30 Halina January 23, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I wouldn’t worry too much about this site- I get to screen just a few calls per day before the site runs out. This may also be why they are not hiring any more humans.

31 Prisma Garcia January 24, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Hello friends,

We are currently working to have a better organization to the Humans and improve our system. We are still taking applications. We will hold on to these for the near future. We just don’t want to keep adding humans too quickly because then we aren’t keeping our call to human ratio. Please be patient friends and give us a chance to add more clients to the service.

Thanks,

Prisma

32 Anna January 24, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Thanks for the update, Prisma!

33 Kristi January 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I am very interested in this – thanks for posting! The website says they are not accepting apps at this time and to check back in late Feb.

34 Prisma Garcia January 26, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Kristi,

Have you applied? If you haven’t then check back in Feb. We recently had an application period and we are still working through those.

Thanks,

Prisma

35 Kristi January 26, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Thank you! I will do that! :)

36 Peggy April 16, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Prisma, I applied about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing from Humatic. Do I just wait? if you could email me directly to tell me what is the situation, this would be awesome.

Thanks so much!
Peggy

37 Karen Gordon January 26, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I got accepted by Humanantic and started the training calls. I too am wondering when you get paid, what your account balance has to be. I asked a question, but did not hear back.

38 Halina January 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Hi there, I received a response from Prisma that stated that the initial payout threshold is $5, but they prefer if you wait until you have $20 banked.

39 Unknown January 26, 2012 at 10:17 pm

how many calls are you getting in a row Karen? I can usually only get 1 every 10-30 minutes haha

40 Kendall January 27, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I applied almost two weeks ago and have not heard anything. I am bummed to hear that they are now closing the applications. Oh well, I guess now there is nothing to do but wait until February when they hopefully re-open the position. Fingers Crossed!

41 Anna January 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Yeah, my sister also applied and has not heard back. A lot of people have not, but I have hope they will need more in February! I finally got to try this out and really like it :) It’s a wonderful, fun job. Good luck to everyone!!

42 Nicoyle January 28, 2012 at 7:59 am

I haven’t heard back either and I applied on the January 19th. To those who have been hired, congrats :)

43 Melody January 30, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I sent my resume via email after I applied on the site and received a response back saying they are still going through applications of people who already applied and will hire as needed until they open it back up in February.

I really hope to hear back. This job sounds great and I could really use the flexibility and extra income.

44 Karen Gordon January 29, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Weird, I can’t even find the website now. I wonder if they still exist. Does anybody know?

45 Anna January 29, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I just checked and it’s there, http://www.humanatic.com. Still the same message up though about not needing new workers until late Feb.

46 Prisma Garcia January 30, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Yes this website still exists! lol Come check us out at Humanatic.com.

47 Caryn Rock February 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I am interested in the Humanatic job and would like to apply.I feel I have the qualifications you are looking for. I do see the application is up BUT they said they don’t need any reviewers till late Feb. My question is.. CAN I apply now? Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you. Caryn

48 Kristi February 24, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Just to update those whom are waiting like I am… the website still says to wait until late February. :)

49 Anna February 25, 2012 at 7:27 am

The calls are picking up though. I hope that means they’ll open up hiring again soon!

50 Sean March 28, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Well I have been checking the status of there page every day now since the 20th of this month hoping to get in with them. It seems like a fun gig to do. So my fingers are crossed just hoping to be able to send in an application.

wish me luck,

Sean

51 Jean March 28, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I applied sometime ago and haven’t heard anything back from them.

52 Carolyn November 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I just got hired

53 Amber December 2, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I applied and was accepted in the same day! It’s a lot of fun. I’ve only made about $5 though.

54 Jean B. from Philippines April 4, 2013 at 12:54 am

Been with them for 2 weeks now and I am enjoying the job. Hope that there will be a lot of calls morning and afternoon here in my country and even sat or sunday.

More power to your site Prisma.

55 Carlo May 5, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Hi all,

Are they still hiring there at Humanatic? We are interested in joining.

56 Anna May 6, 2013 at 6:11 am

The application page is open all the time, so you can apply to see. Good luck!

57 Elizabeth June 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I worked a very short time. I really liked the work but I apparently picked the wrong hours or there were just too many working. The amount I made was not worth the time and although I might not be the fastest my rating was slightly above average timewise. Great job, it just needs to be worth more money.

58 Trina March 19, 2014 at 11:42 am

Great post I just recieved an email from them to get started so Im hoping to make some cash for my trip in May.