Get Paid to Share Links With Share Magnet

in Social Networking

Get Paid to Share LinksShare Magnet contacted me yesterday about their site, and I’m so glad they did! I have long been a fan of sites like My Likes and Sponsored Tweets where you have the opportunity to get paid for sharing links via social networks. But this site takes that concept and really improves it in my opinion. Advertisers often fail at getting the word out on their own, but word of mouth advertising from the average Joe tends to go pretty far. Think about it — if a friend or family member recommends something to you, you’re usually much more likely to purchase it or try it out than you would be if you saw the commercial on TV or an ad on a website, correct? I know in most cases that’s how it works for me. Well, this concept is what Share Magnet is based on.

How It Works

• Create an account (painless process, I promise)
  • Select your interests
  • You’ll see a list of links to share, based on the interests you’ve selected
  • Select the ones you want to share by clicking the “share this” button
  • Create a sentence or so explaining why you like the link (make sure to indicate it’s a sponsored link)
  • Share the link via several different social networks
  • Earn a certain amount for every click the link you shared receives!

What sharing networks are available?

Here’s a list of what I’m seeing now: Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, BlinkList, Delicious, Digg, Furl, Google, Google Buzz, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, MySpace, Ping This, Reddit, Technorati, Email, Yahoo, Google Plus. So every time you share a link of something you find and like in Share Magnet, you can get paid for every click the people you’re friends with or who follow you on those networks give you :)

Money-Earning Potential

This is probably just extra cash, but if you think about it, this is something you do anyway, so why not occasionally get paid for it? I know that I share things all the time and don’t get paid, so why not get paid to share things if you can? After a certain ad campaign ends, the money you earned for your clicks will get transferred over to something called your “Share Bank.” You can withdraw these funds to your Paypal account once you see them in your Share Bank.

Update January 31, 2012

Just wanted to let you all know that I was paid promptly this morning for sharing my links :) It took a couple of days for my earnings to show up in my share bank (which is normal), and once they did, I hit the cash out button and everything went directly to my Paypal account.

You can go ahead and create your account here if this interests you. Good luck!!

1 Dawn January 27, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I have already earned 30 cents so far. I just posted maybe a few hours ago.

2 Courtnie January 28, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I did it last night, and none of my money went into my share bank. Does it take a while or should it have been in there instantly?

3 Anna January 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Mine is not showing up either. If it doesn’t in a day or so, I’m going to message them and ask.

4 Anna January 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I’m thinking there might be a delay, but I can’t remember. I will let you know what they say.

5 Courtnie January 28, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I sent them an email about an hour ago and haven’t heard back yet. I made like $40 over night. I want that money. I got so many clicks for them!

6 Anna January 28, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I just emailed them too. It being the weekend though we may not hear back till Monday. I will for sure keep you posted.

7 Courtnie January 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm

You made sure that the company’s thing ended right?
When all the remaining clicks are gone.
I did with like 3 different ones

8 Dawn January 28, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I recently went on there to chek my earnings and my magnet was not showing up and the money I made was not in there. Last night I was able to see what I have earned so far as well a this morning. I think maybe they may be doing some type of maintnence or something.

9 Anna January 28, 2012 at 6:44 pm

That’s what I’m thinking too Dawn because my stuff was showing up yesterday to withdraw, but I was going to wait till I had more in there to do it.

10 Courtnie January 28, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I got an email:

Sometimes payment takes time to process from the advertiser, once a magnet campaign completes. It can take anywhere from 1-3 business days for the funds to become available for sharers to add to cashout.

Please contact us on Monday if you are still experiencing issues. Thank you for your patience.

11 Anna January 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm

They responded to me too and said I might see my earnings on Monday. I will let you guys know when I get paid.

12 Courtnie January 28, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Oh! It’s working now. Some sites take longer

13 Dawn January 29, 2012 at 10:30 am

DO you know if they have some type of referal program besides using the e-mail route. I only made 0.40 cents from this, but I know people who would sign up. Cash out is $1.00

14 Anna January 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I’m thinking they don’t, but I’ll ask them for you and let you know what they say. This would be a good suggestion to make too since they are a new company.

15 Courtnie January 30, 2012 at 10:42 am

I’ve noticed the sites that I’ve only made like $5 on are taking days to get my money to me. They’re not showing up in my Share Bank, but the other sites which I made $15 and $40 with showed up the next day.

16 Kelli February 4, 2012 at 10:11 am

How long does it take for them to register you?

17 Anna February 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

It was basically instant for me. Did you get a message saying you have to wait to be approved?

18 khymie February 6, 2012 at 6:24 am

Why can’t I signup? It says.. “Oops! Share Magnet is not available in your country yet. Please check back soon.”

Im from PH, but I have a UK email also.

19 Anna February 6, 2012 at 6:56 am

I am not sure :( I suppose they perhaps really aren’t available in your country yet? Do you have another email you can try? I am signed up with my Gmail email.

20 Kelli February 6, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Thanks, Yes I ended up getting that email and got approved!
Now I am making money! Sweet!

21 Courtnie February 8, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I’ve been waiting like a week to get paid from some sites. It’s irritating me.

22 Melanie February 8, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I just got my first payout. It went to paypal in less than a minute and is on its way to my bank account now. I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited about $1.09 before! That’s the first dollar I’ve made from home so it’s neat for me.

23 Keyanna March 31, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I’ve been paid 6 times from this site since March 8th, when I joined. I absolutely love it. I’ve even used it to advertise my blog. I love that you are getting rewarded for doing something you usually do, share links with your friends.

24 Anna April 1, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Yes, I enjoy it too! There are always a lot of good links to share as well.

25 Sophia March 31, 2012 at 4:03 pm

They only allow people with IP addresses from the US.

26 Anna April 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm

That is unfortunate :( Maybe they will change things in the future and open it up to worldwide.