LifeBushido Work at Home Opportunity

in Typing & Clerical, Virtual Assisting, Worldwide Opportunities

LifeBushido Work at Home OpportunityA few days ago I wrote a post linking to several different virtual assistant companies to consider working for. One of the companies on the list that interests me the most is LifeBushido, mainly because I’ve heard a lot about them over the past few years and in spite of their rather strange hiring process, their workers seem to absolutely love the job. When I read about them on various work at home forums, I find a lot of comments from people who are unsure about the company because of the application process, which I’ll get into in a minute. But then I find a lot of positive comments from people who are or who have worked for them and find it very rewarding and fun.

What sort of work do you do for LifeBushido?

Since this is virtual assisting position, there are a ton of things you might be doing. Just a few include website design, research, making calls, and appointment setting. As you work for LifeBushido, they try to determine what your individual talents are and make sure the sort of work you are doing for them matches what you’re good at. They believe this results in better productivity and happier employees, and I can see how that would be true.

How much does LifeBushido pay?

LifeBushido does not list their hourly rate on their website, but from what I’ve seen posted on other websites it’s somewhere around $10 an hour. You are hired as an independent contractor, so there are no benefits and taxes are your responsibility.

How does scheduling work?

When you begin work, you must be able to do a minimum of five hours per week. You can ultimately work up to 25 hours per week. LifeBushido hires people for part-time positions only, so it is not possible to get more hours in than that.

How does the application process work?

You have to send LifeBushido an email to express your interest in working for them, and if they are interested in hiring you, you’ll start getting several emails over the course of several days that you must read and understand. People find this aggravating, but the point is to understand their unique process and so you will go into it with right mindset. The hiring process takes 30 days to complete! I know this does seem like a long time. There is a new forum up on Facebook to help people who are interested better understand the work, and this is taken directly from that:

You and three to five others have the opportunity to get to know each other and work on a creative project together. Ideally, this project takes up to ten hours total. Five of these ten hours are billable if hired.

So you will be grouped with a few others during the application process and you will have to work on something. The downside here is that you only get paid anything for your time invested in training if you are hired. If not hired, that will just be time wasted. Many people are just not sure about this, and the company claims to understand and just says that their opportunity isn’t right for everyone. So it will be up to you to decide if taking such a chance would be OK with you or not.

Can people outside the US work for LifeBushido?

Yes. LifeBushido hires part-time workers worldwide.

What do people say about LifeBushido?

As I said above, their workers really enjoy the job. I can’t find very many complaints at all from people who work for them. This is why I decided to review them here — in spite of the hiring process which is not the norm, you might really love the work if you can get it. I did read a few comments from people who said that the work is not always consistent. This brings me back to what I preach all the time. You cannot depend on just one work at home job. You need things on the backburner. If one thing you’re doing to earn money goes kaput or the work dries up, you’ve got to have something else you can immediately turn to and start doing whether it’s freelance writing, phone work, transcription, or whatever.

How do you apply?

You can send LifeBushido an email to express your interest in the job here: jobs@lifebushido.com. I would also suggest visiting their website and also reading their new forum on Facebook.

1 Katie Jones October 14, 2011 at 9:15 am

That is a strange hiring process, lol, but hey if people like it, then it may be worth it!

2 Lisa October 14, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Sounds like a lot of work to me. But like Katie said above, if their employees are happy…

3 Traci Bell October 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Thank you for the great info on this company. I am off to check them out!

4 Victoria - Ozarks Crescent Mural November 2, 2011 at 3:50 am

It’s worth a shot. I like strange and different. It’s a good indication of a fun company to work for. So here I am, off to the next 30 days! Thanks for the tips!

5 Anna November 2, 2011 at 6:35 am

Good luck Victoria! I hope you get in and like it. So many people seem to love it.

6 Alysha April 2, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Hi! Thanks for this wonderful blog! I read your posts and job leads almost daily. I saw this ad for Lifebushido.com a month ago and I applied. Now I was just hired to be a New Hire. It was indeed an interesting training process in the triangles, but it was a fun experience that I enjoyed. And it payed off as well. We will see how the job goes now, but I am excited!

Thanks for the lead!

7 Anna April 2, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Congrats on getting the job! And thank you so much for the kind words :) Please come back later and let me know how it is going for you!

8 lll January 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I will give this a shot. Its a lot of work but I am willing to take the risk. I also know that if it doesn’t work out I have a way out. Really nothing to lose by trying.

9 Anna January 18, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Good luck!

10 Renee March 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Lifebushido is an awesome company to work for. I’ve actually been able to do what I love to do here. I agree the work is not always consistent, but that’s the nature of working from home. One way to get the most hours you can is to let them know that you are able and willing to work. I went from being very concerned about this not being something I could do because of very low hours to having too much to do. But because I love the work, I don’t mind. Lifebushido is also very teamwork based, although you have to be good at balancing teamwork and personal time management. Lifebushido is definitely supplemental income or is best to be combined with other sources.

I also recommend the Triangle hiring method as opposed to just applying individually. It’s really fun, you meet some great people, you get to experience many different types of tasks and you are paid for those hours if your Triangle is hired.

Right now they are in serious need of Callers and Key Assistants. They get the most hours, so if you don’t mind being on the phone and multitasking, I’d say go for it!

11 Anonymous March 25, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Hey,

I would like to say that Lifebushido is a great company to work for at first. The hiring process is odd but for some it is worth it. I left due to the work environment. It can be very debilitating for those who care about the client. If you are a Key Assistant you are pushed to sell higher levels of service to the clients and push them. For a $10/hr job there is too much stress for me to justify staying there and I know there are several others who are leaving for the same reasons after looking for other jobs and finding them. Someone I know had their hours cut when a client left even though it was not their fault and other team members knew that and said as much. I also found that they limited what we could bill for and when we put time and effort into projects and it went over we would not be paid the over time and were to under bill. There is also a lot of work you have to do that you will not be compensated for. From what I have heard from others still working there that this is getting worse.

For some this can be a great job but for others it may be more trouble than it is worth.

12 elise coupland May 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm

This question is for anyone currently working for them. How much do you typically make and how many hours do you work? I would work about 30 hours a week. How much do you think I would make?