I have heard a great deal over the years about home customer service positions with 1-800-Flowers.com, so I decided to get some information posted on this work at home opportunity today. Please keep in mind that this company hires seasonally, so they may or may not need applicants at the time you read my review. I recommend keeping tabs on their employment page here to see when they are taking applicants. The work involves processing transactions over the phone, possibly some sales, and addressing and dealing with customer problems and concerns.
- Pay is $9+ per hour, may vary depending on your state
- Extra incentives may be given on top of your base pay for selling extra items to customers
- You will be paid for your training
- Pay is via check or direct deposit bi-monthly
- You are hired as an employee, so taxes will be taken out of your earnings
- 1-800-Flowers only hires people from specific states. Not sure if or how often the states change, but at the moment these are listed on their website: Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- Must be computer literate, have familiarity with instant messaging, and type a minimum of 35 wpm
- Must be able to provide a quiet background while you work
The tech requirements are a pretty long list on their website, but here are the high spots:
- Cable or DSL internet only. VoIP is acceptable.
- minimum of a pentium 4 processor
- Dedicated phone line with no features must be used
- Corded traditional landline phone only. No cell and no cordless phones.
- USB & telephone headset are both required
- Windows XP, Vista, Or Windows 7 are all OK. Nothing older than XP.
- Primarily full-time work (up to as much as 50 hours per week)
- You must be available to take calls six days a week
- Shifts are generally 10 to 12 hours long
- Busy seasons are Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Christmas
- The position is temporary!
What Past and Current Workers Say
Most seem to enjoy the work and say the training is very well handled and the company is professional, but there are many who complain about the long hours. And I can see why — if you’re doing 50 hours per week worth of phone work, that is a lot, even when you’re doing it from home.
If this opportunity interests you, you may want to check back on this page to see when they are hiring for the next season. As of the date of this blog post, I do not believe they are hiring, but they may begin hiring within the next few months for the Christmas season. To inquire and move forward with applying for the temporary work from home customer service opportunity with 1-800-flowers.com you will have to email email@example.com with your name, email, phone number, and state of residence. If they are interested, you may be contacted back to take their assessment and schedule a telephone interview.