Appenscribe is a transcription company that many people talk about. They are based out of Australia, but they hire workers worldwide to do transcription from home. If you are new to general transcription, this is a good option because they don’t require previous experience to get started. Here are some details:
- Appenscribe pays a a few cents for every line transcribed, but the exact amount will depend on the task or project you are working on. Some lines are very short, so this can add up quickly.
- Payment is made every two weeks via Paypal.
- Appenscribe may give a 10 percent bonus on top of your pay if you do more than 2000 lines of text during the two-week pay period.
- To get your full pay, you need to transcribe with at least 85 percent accuracy. If your accuracy rating is less than that, you may not get as much money.
The Application Process
- You have to fill out a short form to apply and get your account created.
- Appenscribe is open to transcribers worldwide.
- After creating your account, you’ll have to take some tests before you can get started.
- Appenscribe wants to know about your fluency in certain languages. The more languages you can speak, the more work you may be able to get.
Scheduling & Work Availability
- Once you are assigned a project to work on, Appenscribe requests that you do a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Work is not always consistent. The amount available depends on how many projects Appenscribe has going.
What People Say
Go here to sign up for Appenscribe. The Appenscribe page does NOT work for any browser except for Firefox, so you’ll need to open up Firefox if you want to apply.