Get Paid to Do Rent Surveys For Pierce Eislen

in Mystery Shopping, Other Phone Work, Phone Jobs

rent surveys

If you’re someone who can’t apply for jobs to take calls from home because there is nothing you can do about background noise, then you might want to consider doing rent surveys for Pierce Eislen! This is a company that is totally OK with background noise and would in fact prefer it. Why? Because they want the people on the other end of the line to believe that you’re a regular person who might have loud pets, kids, etc. since you’ll be asking various questions about rental property as though you might be interested in renting. In truth, you’re just gathering information for Pierce Eislen so they can ensure their information on various apartment complexes is accurate and up to date. There are different companies/organizations that have a need for this info, and Pierce Eislen provides it to them from what I understand.

How much does Pierce Eislen pay their workers for doing rent surveys?

Updated 4/2/14 – Pierce-Eislen recently changed their pay structure. It used to be $10 – $11 hourly, but now here is what the website says about pay:

What about taxes?

Updated 4/2/14 – This used to be independent contractor work, but now Pierce-Eislen is actually an employee position, so you will not need to worry about your taxes as they will be taking them out of your pay manually. They also offering benefits to their employees such as health, dental, and life insurance.

How much do you have to work?

The company expects you to do a minimum of 10 hours of work per week, and these hours can be gotten in anytime as long as you are calling these apartment complexes when they are open. Also, this is a temporary position, lasting roughly six weeks, so you shouldn’t count on it for the long-term. Pierce Eislen does these surveys three times per year (January & February, May & June, and September & October). Once each work period is up, you can usually work during the next season if you reapply and note that you are a returning worker.

What are the job requirements?

You need high speed internet, good phone etiquette, and an unlimited long distance plan. You won’t have to worry about doing any selling, so there’s no need to have a background in work from home customer service or anything like that. There is some training involved, but mainly you just have to ask basic questions. If you have a Voip phone line, that should be OK because I’m reading where a lot of people work using Skype.

How do you apply?

You’ll have to take and pass a quiz and also send your resume to Pierce Eislen’s contact person. A non-disclosure agreement must also be signed.

What do people say?

I have seen some complaints on various work at home forums from people who work for Pierce Eislen because they have difficulty meeting the hourly ratio for rent surveys and cannot make the $11 per hour — they end up making a good bit less. I haven’t done this myself, but this may be worth your time if you feel confident that you could build up speed. It’s also one of the few phone jobs available where background noise is a non-issue. A similar company I have posted about previously is InteliChek — which is essentially phone mystery shopping.

You can visit this page for details on how to apply.

Want more fun ideas for making money online? Like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter for regular updates!

1 Miranda Grimm July 7, 2011 at 10:49 am

Great look at Pierce Eislen! I believe they will be hiring again in January??

I had been invited to test in for this job. However, I will admit it was very intimidating and there was a lot of information to learn! I simply did not have the time to study it all and pursue it. But I know those who have done the work really enjoyed it.

2 Anna July 7, 2011 at 10:51 am

Is it January?? I was thinking they might be hiring very soon because they do surveys in fall. Ugh … maybe I messed up and they’ve already hired for fall :( I’ll do some looking into it though. Thanks Miranda for the heads up!

3 Miranda Grimm July 7, 2011 at 10:56 am

Sorry…I am losing it…they do hire in January I believe but they will also be hiring this coming August as well…sorry

4 Anna July 7, 2011 at 11:05 am

That is OK! I was worried I might be wrong about when they hire anyway because I couldn’t find a whole lot of information on that.

5 Angie July 7, 2011 at 11:25 am

I have seen this one mentioned in forums before. It looks like a great option for those will little ones.

6 Carla Easley July 8, 2011 at 8:37 am

I’ve never heard of Pierce Eislen but really glad that you posted about it on your site. I think this would be a great “egg” to add to my basket. Thanks Anna :)

7 Anna July 8, 2011 at 9:01 am

Please let me know what your experience is if you decide to try it, Carla. I read on the Work Place Like Home forum that they will begin hiring in Late July, Early August for the fall so I will be sure to update when I know they are.

8 Frugal mom July 9, 2011 at 5:59 am

I worked for Pierce a few years back-they have really specific questions and it was hard to get in touch with folks at the apartment complexes. Then those didn’t want to answer questions.

9 Karen Gordon December 13, 2011 at 9:45 am

Do they allow you to work if you have a cellphone? The site was strange. When I went to register I was taken to a wordpress page. Where is their application page?I saw all the prelimary information.

10 Anna December 13, 2011 at 10:35 am

Karen, I am not sure on the cell phone thing but I will find out what I can for you and comment again here to let you know what I find out.

The application information is on a WordPress page. I agree it looks a little strange, but I can assure you the company is 100 percent legitimate. To start, they want you to visit the links in the right-hand side of the page to read their guide and frequently asked questions. The link for the quiz you need to take is there. This link will take you to the page with all the documents you need to read: http://rentsurvey.wordpress.com/rent-survey-documents/ After you take it, you just email your answers to them. The contact information to use for emailing your answers is also on the right-hand side of the page. They are supposed to be directed to a Brooke Erschen. This page has her email address on it: http://rentsurvey.wordpress.com/pierce-eislen-contact-information/ Read the WordPress page carefully because it provides all the necessary info to get started (including what I just mentioned above).

I’ll check around about using your cell phone and let you know what I find out.

11 Anna December 13, 2011 at 11:23 am

Karen, just found out you can in fact use a cell phone to do the work. Hope this helps!

12 Lacretia April 4, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for sharing! I could use another egg!I just hope that I am not limited by not living in a certain state like I have with other phone jobs.

13 Jennifer Tyree May 30, 2012 at 11:26 pm

I actually worked with them before. You can use any phone you want.

As for as when they hire, they do the surveys every 3 or 4 months, and they last until the work is gone. Once your hired, you get first dibs to work the next season, or pass.

14 Sandra January 24, 2013 at 7:29 pm

The test is hard, plan to spend an entire day passing it the first time. It’s really only hard because it is poorly written and isn’t logical. There is an FAQ and a guide to study. They both contain different information. Instead of having one guide that tells you how to do the survey simply they want to make it difficult. The questions are meant to be tricky when in reality the actual job is simple.

The work week is a lot more than they make it out to be. I am a fast paced person and am forced to work around 25-30 hours per week or I am cut from the project. The web site is always having errors, and you aren’t paid for down time.

It’s okay for $11 an hour (if you can make that much) but I advise trying another place if you like to smile like I do. Plus it’s almost over and I haven’t been paid at all yet.

Sandra

15 Blue April 1, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Sandra, I appreciate your sharing this. I may still give it a whirl. Now that it’s 3/2014, I wonder how this company is now.

Also, regarding the pay being $10-11/hr, all I saw it say was, “Surveyors will be paid $6 per hour and a piece rate of $.60 for surveys marked Done, $.20 for surveys marked Part-Done, and $.10 per survey marked Answering Machine or Not Available. You will receive at least minimum wage in your jurisdiction for all hours worked.”

Hmm.

16 Anna T April 2, 2014 at 6:31 am

Yes, it looks like they recently changed their pay structure. Also, I noticed that this is now an employee position rather than independent contractor work. I made some updates above.

17 chloe March 27, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Does anyone know how to get to the rent survey introduction document and the other materials, I don’t see a link anywhere on the site.

18 Anna March 27, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I think it should all be here – http://rentsurvey.wordpress.com/

19 chloe March 28, 2013 at 11:32 am

It wasn’t there, I guess a few people emailed them and asked where was the link because they just updated there site today. The registration process is not open yet and there just asking you to send your resume for now. I thought I was losing it for a sec because I couldn’t find it lol. Thanks!

20 Anna March 28, 2013 at 11:37 am

No problem, glad to see they updated it. Good luck to you!

21 Gloria August 8, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Hi Anna, I am really interested in applying for this job. My question, is what type of resume should I submit. And what type of information should it contain? Thanks

22 Anna T August 8, 2013 at 10:33 pm

I am not entirely sure … I haven’t seen where anyone has mentioned tweaking your resume to apply. If you have any phone experience, you might want to list that. It may be a good idea to ask this on the Work Place Like Home forum. They have an entire folder there dedicated to Pierce-Eislen with lots of people posting that actually work for them. They might know how you should approach the resume part. If you aren’t a member there, you can sign up for free and then read/post.

23 Nicole April 15, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Anna, thanks so much for posting all of the great information, you are my first source everyday for finding work. With that being said I applied at Pierce-Eislen and passed the test(the 2nd time)! I’m excited to get started. Thanks again for your help!

24 Anna T April 15, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Congratulations Nicole!

25 Suzanne April 30, 2014 at 10:05 pm

I accepted a position from Pierce Eislen a couple weeks ago and they are still looking for a few surveyors. The hiring process was very easy. I sent a resume and they sent me a training manual along with an assessment. This took me about 3 hours and it was not difficult. The assessment just cements what you learned and is very well done. They also have some nice training videos. There is some employee paperwork and an I-9 that needs to be notarized at your bank. The job starts next week and I am looking forward to it. If I can refrain from talking too much, I think I can make $12 to $14 an hour. If I slack, I will still make minimum wage. It’s a heck of a lot easier than a lot of these phone jobs, (I prefer to call rather than be called), and I can work when I want and break when I want. You don’t need any special equipment; just fill out a form on-line while you ask for basic rental information. Here is the information from the manager:

Arizona-based market research firm is currently accepting applications for our Spring 2014 rent survey. As a surveyor, you will call apartment communities throughout the US as a prospective renter to obtain current rental information from the comfort of your own home. The survey will begin Monday, May 5th and last approximately 4-6 weeks. Surveyors must commit to approximately 10-15 hours a week; however you may work more. High-speed Internet and long distance service must be set up prior to the start date. If you are offered work, you will be an employee of a temporary staffing agency placed on assignment with our company. You must be based in the United States to access our system. To apply and learn more about the position, please submit a current resume to lhynes@pi-ei.com.