Asurion Work at Home Jobs

in Customer Service, Phone Jobs

asurion phone jobAsurion is the company that many people call when they’re having mini-emergencies. You know … car broke down, need a tow truck or some type of rescue. Cell phone suddenly lost or destroyed, contacts gone for good. Computer completely crashed in the middle of something important. When these things happen, a lot of people call Asurion to help. And guess what? You can be the person on the other end of the line, coming to the rescue of others while working in the comfort of your very own home.

How much does Asurion pay?

The pay at Asurion starts off at around $9 per hour. This is about the same as most other phone jobs at home. Also, I’m reading that you can get lots of overtime here, so that is great!

Who can apply?

You must be based out of the U.S. In addition to that, Asurion only hires people in certain areas of the U.S. This changes from time to time, so I suggest you check this page to see if they need anyone near where you live.

Do you need any special qualifications to be eligible?

You just need either a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Previous customer service experience is also a plus, but if you haven’t had  it, don’t worry, you’ve still got a shot. They will train you, and another plus is that the training is paid.

What about benefits?

Asurion offers benefits!! You are hired by them as an employee, not an Independent Contractor. So you can get medical insurance, dental, vision, 401K, life, employee assistance plans, you name it.

Training

Training is paid, and from what I’ve researched, it only happens at certain times. Not exactly ongoing. So if you are hired, you might have to wait until the next training period occurs before you can start learning how to actually do the job.

How is the schedule?

Because people have emergencies at varying times throughout the day and night, there are a lot of different times you might be working. After you are hired, your trainer will go over your schedule with you. Weekend work and working six days a week instead of five is pretty common. This might not be the job for you if you don’t want to work that much.

What about technical requirements?

PC only. You also need DSL/Broadband internet with a hard-wired landline. You also need to get a headset that you can plug into a USB outlet. Asurion does not want background noise, and again this is typical with most customer service jobs at home.

What do people say?

I read some threads on the Work Place Like Home forum where lots of people claimed to love Asurion. They said the training was wonderful, the trainers were helpful and informative, and they loved the work because it’s so rewarding to feel like you helped someone through an emergency. I didn’t really read any complaints on that forum about working for Asurion. However, there are some reviews here on Asurion at Glass Door that you should read over. There are some employees who aren’t all that happy with things. One complaint I keep seeing is lack of flexibility with scheduling. It’s best to get all sides before applying to something.

How can you apply?

You can apply by going here.  If they contact you and you are hired, please come back to this site and post below about your experience. I strongly encourage you to read through the comments below before applying. I’ve had some amazing readers come back already and post about their experiences. Extremely valuable information has been posted down there that you should for sure read if you think this may be the job for you!

1 Katie Jones July 30, 2011 at 7:16 am

This sounds like a really good opportunity for those who live in the certain states. I wish everyone luck that applies!

2 jess July 30, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Sometimes I wish I could do a phone job. Best of luck and awesome review, Anna!

3 Anna July 30, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Thank you!! Sometimes I wish I could, too Jess. I have thought about signing up for Pierce Eislen several times when they start hiring for fall since they are OK with background noise.

4 Miranda Grimm August 1, 2011 at 12:30 am

Great job review Anna! I have heard of this company over and again but for some reason it was one I kept overlooking! Definitely looks like a good opp!

5 Angie August 1, 2011 at 11:47 am

This sounds like a good one. I know there are many work at homers that want an employee position with benefits.

6 Erica January 13, 2012 at 8:27 am

I applied on Dec 8 and yesterday I was called. I have an interview this morning. From what I’ve read, there are 3 interviews. I will post more after the interview.

7 Erica January 13, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Well, no one called me at the scheduled time. This isn’t Asurion’s fault. They outsource their HR to PeopleSoft. I’ve read that many others have had this problem too. I will report back once I have something to share.

8 Anna January 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Sorry they didn’t get back with you when you thought they would, Erica! Hopefully you will hear from them soon though. Good luck on your interview :) Thank you for updating me on how it’s going, the info is very helpful to have posted here for others who are thinking of applying.

9 Theresa January 28, 2012 at 4:41 am

Erica,

I had the same problem with my second and third interviews. For the second interview, I just called them, and they did the interview right then. For the third one, they told me that there was a glitch in the system and someone would have to call me back to reschedule. They did call a couple of days later to reschedule, and this time I got the call on time, and I ended up being offered the position. You might want to call them to get the ball rolling. Hope this helps!!!

10 Erica January 13, 2012 at 4:51 pm

You’re very welcome!!

11 Theresa January 28, 2012 at 4:39 am

I applied at Asurion and had 3 telephone interviews. For the first one, I wasn’t home when they called, so when I called back, they did the interview immediately. During that phone call, they scheduled the second interview. As mentioned above, nobody ever called, so I called them again, and they did the second interview right then.

At the end of that interview, I was scheduled for the next interview, which was supposed to be the following day. Again, nobody called, so I called them. This time I was told that there was some sort of glitch in the system and that someone would have to call me back to reschedule the third interview. This time I did receive the call on time, and the interviewer was a super nice lady.

The very next day after the third interview, I received a call telling me that they wanted to offer me a position. I start on February 13, so I can’t say anything about how the job is yet, but I’ll post once I start training to let everybody know how it’s going!!

12 Theresa January 28, 2012 at 4:43 am

Just wanted to add one more thing – the article mentions that the pay is between $10 and $12 an hour, but it actually starts at $9.00 per hour for daytime hours, and anything you work after 5:00 pm is paid at $9.50 an hour.

13 Anna February 20, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thanks for the info Theresa. I finally got around to correcting this in the post.

14 Kasheia February 23, 2012 at 11:20 am

Hi Theresa, thanks for all the info! I’m supposed to interview a second time with them today but don’t have their number to call (she forgot to give it to me and I forgot to ask). Would you happen to still have it on hand?

15 Theresa February 25, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Hi Kasheia. I’m sorry – I don’t have that number anymore. They actually have another company (Peoplescout) that does their hiring, and I don’t have that number anymore. You can send an email to one of the hiring people, though. The one that I usually talked to is Ruben, and his email is ralvarado@peoplescout.com. If you email him, he can probably help you. Good luck!!!

16 Erica January 28, 2012 at 10:36 am

Thanks Teresa! I will call them.

17 Theresa January 28, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Good luck, Erica!!!

18 Erica January 28, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I would love to know some of the questions asked during the interviews. I’ve read that one of the interviews is long.

19 Theresa January 29, 2012 at 7:04 pm

The first interview is basically just a screening process – they ask you about your computer knowledge, customer service background, that sort of thing. That one didn’t take too long. The second one was the longest – they said it would be about 30 minutes, but mine was 51 minutes. In that one, the questions are mostly “tell me about a time when you……..” – basically just questions that see how you handle certain situations. As far as the specific questions, I’m seriously drawing a blank – I’m sorry. But I think that they have a list to choose from, so I don’t think the questions are the same for each person, anyway. The third interview took about 30 minutes. First, the lady explained about the job – stuff about the company, what kind of calls you can expect to take, benefits offered, stuff like that. Then she asked me 4 questions, and for this one, I know she had a list to choose from, because she told me on the last question that she was having a hard time choosing the last one because the way they were worded, I had already answered most of them in my answers to the other 3. I’m sure there’s more than one person who does the final interviews, but my lady was really nice and could relate to just about everything I said, which made it probably the best interview I’ve ever had. The only specific question I can remember throughout the entire process was in the final interview, where she asked me to name a time when a customer or co-worker asked me to do something that was unethical, how I handled it, and how I felt about the decision I made. That was also the hardest one, in my opinion – I really struggled to remember something like that, but I finally did, and she was really happy with my answer. Anyway, I know I didn’t completely answer your question with specific questions they ask you, but I hope I at least helped a little bit.

20 sandra April 24, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Does Asurion work from home do background checks?

21 Denise February 19, 2012 at 10:23 am

I also had three interviews with them. No problems with them calling me. Don’t forget the time difference. They work off of CST and I am EST so it was always one hour after the said time. I start training (PAID!) tomorrow (Feb 20.) I am so excited. I got the email with the schedule for training (three weeks.) My training is M-F 1pm – 10pm. I will post again to let you all know what I think. So far everyone is very friendly and helpful!

22 Theresa February 19, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Ok, here’s the update that I promised. I’ve been in training for a week now. The training is done online – you need a computer headset, and you log into a room, where you interact with your trainer and mentors. There are some learning materials that you go over with quizzes built into them – you have to have an average of 90%, but they’re not too hard, and you have three attempts at each one if you’re not happy with your score. You also do some role-playing, where one of the mentors plays the customer and you play the CSR.

The training seems to be pretty good at preparing you for most situations that will arise, although as with any job, there’s no way they can prepare you for absolutely everything that might happen. We’re supposed to start taking a few live calls this week, so we’ll find out how prepared we really are after the training, but at this point, I’m pretty confident. So far, everyone that I’ve had contact with has been very friendly and helpful.

The hours aren’t the best (I’ll be working 12-9 on weekdays and 10-7 on Saturdays, so not much opportunity to do anything else on the side or even to eat dinner with the family), but from what I hear, there are shift bids that come up pretty regularly, and if you’re doing a good job, you can request a different shift at those times.

The computer system is very user friendly, and your responses are for the most part scripted, though you don’t have to say it word for word, and there are a few points you need to remember to touch on that aren’t anywhere in the script.

The benefits are awesome – they have really good insurance, and you only have to be there for 30 days before you’re eligible. They allow you to cover domestic partners of either gender, and there is no pre-existing condition clause. You also get discounts on tons of different things, from cell phone service, to printer ink, to travel, and tons of other things. Plus, if you move to a different area, in most cases, you can take your job with you (there are some exceptions, but from what I’ve heard, they are few and far between).

Anyway, to sum it up, at this point, I’m pretty hopeful that I’ve landed in a good place. Any job has it’s ups and downs, but so far this seems to be a good place to work. I’ll update again after training is over and I’ve been on the job for a while.

23 Anna February 20, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thank you so much for all this detailed info! I know it will really help out everyone considering this company. The benefits do sound amazing! Good luck Theresa. I hope you continue to be pleased with the company!

24 Theresa February 20, 2012 at 11:04 am

Thank you, Anna. And thank you for listing the job as well – without you, I would never have known the job even existed. Love your site and use it often to check for things I might be able to do on the side (just started mystery shopping as well, again thanks to your information). I’ll post another update in a couple of weeks!!!

25 Kasheia February 23, 2012 at 8:33 am

Thanks do much for all the info Anna and others who posted their experiences. I had a screening interview with them yesterday and I’m supposed to contact them today for my second interview. BUT the rep didn’t give me the number to call and I did t even think to ask! If anyone has this info and could pass it along, it would be hugely appreciated!

26 tasha March 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Is anyone here working part time for them? I was under the impression that i would be able to choose my schedule as long as i worked 8 hours on the weekend.

27 Theresa March 10, 2012 at 8:53 am

For anyone wanting to apply with Asurion that is not in one of the areas listed, employees are able to refer people from anywhere, and they will hire in most places that way.

If you’re interested in having me refer you, just send me an email to theresa.franks@asurion.com with your full name, email address, home and cell numbers (if applicable), and a short paragraph about why you’d make a good customer service rep. If you’ve got call center experience, that definitely helps, but any job where you have contact with the public will also count for customer service experience. I do get a referral bonus for referring anyone who is hired and works 90 days, but this does not affect any of the things that I post about the company – I just post my experiences truthfully. Hope to hear from some of you that would like to get on with the company but are outside of the areas listed!!!

28 Theresa March 10, 2012 at 10:08 am

Ok, time for my one month update. I know this is long, but I wanted to try to touch on as much as I could. Training is 3 weeks, but the classroom portion is only 6 days. Toward the end of the 6 days, you do some role-playing to get you ready to answer calls, and then on the 7th day, you’re on live calls, but at first, you share your screen, and one of the mentors is right there to see what you’re doing and what is showing on the screen to help them answer any questions you have.

From the third week on, you take the calls on your own, but you’re never actually alone. There is a knowledge area where you can look up the answers to most questions you might have, and if you can’t find the answer there, there is a chat room where you can ask your questions, and any available supervisor will help you. Your supervisor is also just an IM away. The amount of assistance available is amazing when you consider you’re working all alone in your own house.

Most of the calls themselves are pretty straight forward, with customers just wanting to file a claim or check on the status of an existing claim. You do get people who are upset about the deductible, the replacement equipment, or other things, but you have materials available to help you explain these things. Anytime a customer asks for a supervisor or gets really irate and threatens to leave their carrier over the deductible or any other policy, you transfer the call to the resolution team, so you aren’t required to handle those really, really upset customers.

There are a few different ways that you are rated on how well you’re doing. The first is your average handle time – you are given a goal, and you do need to be within a few percentage points of the goal. They do take new hires into consideration, though, with your goal being higher for the first couple of months to allow you to get comfortable with the scripting and getting through the calls more quickly. Some of the calls seem to go on forever, and you’re afraid of what it’s doing to your handle time, but the really short calls where they just ask a quick question balance that out. I’ve been there just shy of 30 days, and I’m currently at 99% of my goal.

The next way that you’re rated is by customer surveys. For every completed claim, you must ask the caller to take a survey, where they rate how well you did on a scale of 1 to 5. Your average on this one will change on a daily basis, because no matter how well you treat the customer and solve their problems, there are some people who just refuse to give all 5′s. Some people may be upset about the deductible or other policies and take it out on your rating, even though you have nothing to do with what they’re upset about. This is common practice in most call centers, though, and they understand that not every customer will give great ratings even though you did everything right. The goal is 76%, and I’ve had days where I’ve been below that as well as days where I’ve had 100% – it just depends on the customers you get that day.

They also record all phone calls, so if there is an issue with something, they can go back and listen to the call and see if you did what you were supposed to. They also randomly do quality monitoring, where they listen in on your calls and rate you on all of the key points, such as knowledge, your tone throughout the call, whether you touched on all of the points that you’re required to, and things like that. I’ve had one so far, and I forgot a couple of points, so I got an 85% – you need 82.5% to pass, so it’s not too hard, and the more calls you take, the more it’ll become second nature.

As with any call center position, they are somewhat strict about attendance, but they just recently changed the policy to make it easier to miss time and not be in fear of losing your job. You also get PTO time that accrues pretty quickly, but any time that you miss takes away from that, even if you would rather have the time unpaid to save your PTO for a vacation or something. They don’t allow you to have any unpaid time unless you are out of PTO time. One thing that does bother me is the way they have the downtime set up. If you have downtime because of Asurion system issues, you’re paid for that as usual. If you have downtime because you’re under a tornado warning and need to seek shelter, you get paid for that as well in order to be consistent with the brick and mortar location. However, if you’re having severe weather and it knocks your power out, it’s approved downtime, so you won’t get in trouble for it, but they pay you for it using your PTO time. This is not consistent with brick and mortar locations, because if their power goes out, they are still getting paid for the time they’re waiting for it to come back on, and if they decide to close that location, the reps are paid for the rest of the day. I found this out the hard way and was not real happy about it. Supposedly, they’re working on a solution for this, but we’ll find out. And if you have downtime for anything on your end, such as computer issues, failing to pay your phone or internet bill, or anything like that, it’s automatically paid out of your PTO time.

The last thing I wanted to mention is overtime. I’ve heard that it’s available just about every week. This past week was the first where I was officially out of training and allowed to get overtime, and I got an extra 15 hours. If you see it available, you just sign up for it, and the system automatically approves it. If you do sign up for it, though, make sure you work it, because they are pretty strict about you voluntarily signing up for hours and then not working them. If you can’t work those hours for whatever reason, let your supervisor know that you’d like them to send out an email to see if somebody else is willing to work them for you. I’ve checked out the available OT for next week, though, and the only hours available so far are hours that I’m already scheduled for. It does change daily, though, so I may still end up with OT this week as well.

Ok, end of my novel. If I’ve somehow managed to miss a point that you would like to know about, just add a comment, and I’ll try to answer it.

29 Camille March 27, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! It seems like you enjoy the work, and I’m hoping you can offer more information.

Do they offer part time hours? I seem to notice they have long shifts (when doing my research on the employee experience).

Do you work from a desktop or PC? I’m a student living off campus, I could add a landline to my cable bill, but my internet is through a wireless router.

Being that I’m a student, I’d like to work in the wee-morning hours, or late nights, do you think that would be suitable? I saw on the website they are seeking applicants in my state, though it never detailed full or part time, wish I knew a little more about hours before I pursued employment.

I hate to bombard you with so many questions, thanks for at least reading, glad the job is working out for you!

30 kimberly March 23, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I was just wanting to know how long the hiring process takes. I called asurion friday night and had a interview on the spot with a recruiter. This recruiter said that he requested that they hire me. He then set me up for a second interview and this was a senior recruiter that called me and this senior recruiter said that it was not an interview and she asked me a few questions and then told me about the job and emailed me a list of requirements for phones and headsets. She then setup for another interview with I think another recruiter it could have been the manager im not sure. When that person called me they said the interview would not take an hour. He then asked me a lot of interview questions and then told answered any questions that I had. He then stated he was referring me to the next step in their hiring process. I asked him what the next step was and he said they will call you to extend an offer of employment to you. He said someone will call me but he did not know when they would call me. It could be the next day or it could be within the next couple days. He said the next training class started at the beginning of april. As of today I have not heard anything from them. I am wanting to know if anyone has had this happen to them and how long it took for them to call and extend an offer? Did anyone with the work at home position have to do a face to face interview or was it all phone interviews?

31 Mike April 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I am supposed to have a second interview, but I’d like to know if the company pays for the drug test and background check, or will I have to pay for it and if so around how much will it be.

32 Theresa May 30, 2012 at 2:52 am

Mike, the company pays for both. You don’t have any upfront costs unless you need to purchase some of the equipment needed for the job .

33 ruth raymonvil October 16, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Hi, i have my first interview tomorrow im kina nervous just wanted to know what is the first interview like what type of questions do they ask. Any advice would hel.

34 Ronnie June 6, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I have had all the interviews and the last lady said she was going to tell them yes to hire me but they had just started a training class and it may be a week before they called back and I still have not heard anything should I be worried or is there someone I can call and talk to.

35 Dina June 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I am so glad I found this website. I applied at Asurion on the 19th and had my 1st interview today and scheduled for the 2nd inteview Tuesday the 26th.

I’m excited, just getting the interview; was beginning to think I would never get hear from anyone.

36 Anna June 26, 2012 at 7:28 am

Yay, Congratulations!

37 Michelle September 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Hey, I am really excited about this opportunity! I have repeatedly tried to submit an application but can’t get past the computer scan for some reason. It boots me off of the browser every time I try. Then a message will pop up that says no jobs are available. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m desperate!

38 Anna September 30, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Michelle, are you registered over at Work Place Like Home? I think they have an entire subforum there devoted to Asurion, and I bet someone there would see it if you posted your question and help you out.

39 ruth raymonvil October 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm

i have my first interview tomorrow i am excited and nervous at the same time.can anyone tell me what is the first interview likeand what type of question do they ask for, i just want to be prepare cuz i really need a job, any advice would help.
thank you.

40 christie ana October 17, 2012 at 11:56 am

i had my first interview today and the lady told me that i should heard from them by next week and that the training class is the 29th of this month.

41 Anna October 17, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Good luck Christie!

42 Debbie November 28, 2012 at 12:20 am

I am SO glad that I found this site! I am currently working in an AT&T call center and familiar with the Asurion name. Right now I don’t have a car, but have managed to get to my job thus far, thanks to a friend/co-worker. This would be perfect for me. I know that I would need to get a hard phone line, as right now I have Vonage, so I will look into that. This would be a dream for me if I could get on with Asurion and this type of position. I’m in my last week of training in my current call center, (week 9) and was told last week that I am the number agent in the entire call center! I was so excited, as they told me they have never had that happen with a person technically still in training. I love customer service, and want to further my career in this field, as I am taking a much needed break from my original occupation..Nursing. Thank you all for the great info on this site! I’m going to check into getting a hard line phone connection, but in the meantime will apply for a position. Wish me luck! :)

43 Anna November 28, 2012 at 8:33 am

Thank you Debbie! And good luck!

44 raymonvil December 11, 2012 at 2:05 pm

jus got hired today for the january 14 class i am so exited.

45 Ronnie March 14, 2013 at 9:39 am

does anyone know who i can call or email. I got a call from asurion last week but when I call back all I get is a voicemail. The person hasnt returned my call.

46 Kim April 26, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Applied to Asurion using their online application on 4/8/2013 as an At-Home Customer Service Team Member based in Colorado. Had initial phone interview on Friday April 12th, 2013. The call lasted about 20 minutes. She told me she thought I’d be a good candidate and scheduled an interview with a hiring manager on Tuesday 4/16/2013. That call lasted about 45-50 minutes. They typically use interview questions using the STAR format.
S -Situation –what were you trying to accomplish?
T -Task – What was the goal or target?
A –Action –What action did you take.
R –Result –Describe the outcome.

At the conclusion of the interview the recruiter stated the hiring managers would be meeting later in the week and when decisions were made I would be contacted.

Exactly one week later, 4/23/2013. I was sent an offer letter contingent upon completing a drug screen & background check. I begin virtual training May 20, 2013. They’ll re-check system properties and speed of the computer that will be used and I’ll have 2 tech sessions prior to the training start date.

47 Ken September 10, 2013 at 4:38 am

What type of drug test did they do? and how far into the interview process did they do it?

48 Kile July 3, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Hello all. I have went through the interview process. Personally, for me, I only had one interview phone call. It was the same for me as far as the STAR method. It went very smoothy…I was then sent an email for links doing random technical questions about PC and Direct TV. After completing the test I was sent another email I would say 3 or 4 days later with the job offer stating that I was done with the interview process and they would like to offer me the job. They set up a phone call for today to go over “paperwork.” I am assuming this is the proper tax forms since they stated I was done with interview process. I was also listed dates to start training and a pfd file listing the shifts I could choose from.

So am I to assume this is the final steps heading into training? I only ask because it is July 4th weekend and I have plans, which I am willing to cancel, to give drug screening? I was not told about background checks or anything. I guess these proceedings vary from each applicant and that the background check and drug screening is not guaranteed but rather done randomly due to cost? Anyone knowing this would you please get back to me and thank you! Oh and so far I have had nothing but a positive experience with NEW.

49 Andrea July 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Hello all I just had my phone interview and I was wondering about the background check process. Does anyone know how many years they go back. I do have a misdeamor but it is about 10 years old. Thanks in advance

50 Christi July 11, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I start training this coming Monday! I am am excited. However, they give you less than 2 weeks to purchase your equipment. I didn’t have the money up front for it, but thankfully, my boyfriend helped me. The techs downloaded all the systems that will be required and I am so so sooo excited. It did take me a minute though to find a notary. I hope everyone has good luck with this company. For it to be an at-home CSR job, the pay is fine with me. Especially since you can get OT and all.

51 Vincent September 15, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Hey I have a few questions. What kind of calls are they? Like handset claims, or what? On the background check how deep do they go? I know some companies that check employment education etc and it takes forever.

52 Anna T September 16, 2013 at 8:02 am

I think it varies … the website says this, “Handling inbound calls from customers regarding wireless handset insurance claims, electronics repair facilitation or roadside assistance requests from wireless customers.”

Not sure on the background check, but I would suggest applying anyway just to see. Maybe they won’t go that deep with it. This doesn’t sound like one of those jobs where you’re privy to a lot of sensitive information, so that might make a difference.

53 Tiffany Jordan October 11, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Hello,
I am wanting to apply for Asurion’s at home position and was wondering if anyone who was hired with Asurion has a Mac computer or should I have to buy a regular Dell computer to do the work?

Thanks

54 Anna T October 12, 2013 at 8:44 am

Hi Tiffany,

I just checked the job description on the main website and under tech requirements it states that you do need a PC running Windows. :( So sorry! There are so many of these companies that are just not Mac-compatible. I will update the job posting with this information so it helps anyone else wondering about it.

55 Cheri M. December 11, 2013 at 10:58 am

I know that this is an old thread..But does anyone know if Asurion is just an off-shoot of NEW Corp? Or are they merged? They have two different websites. It says that NEW is an Asurion company..

I thought they were one and the same, but now I don’t know with the two different websites and all.

I’m kind of confused..Does this mean you have to apply to both websites for @home work? I did read your review Anna but its from a couple of years ago so I guess maybe some things have changed since then?? :-0

56 Anna T December 11, 2013 at 11:00 am

I noticed the same thing and I think there must have been some kind of merger because it wasn’t set up that way before. However, I believe you could apply from either website as long as they both have the application link. I may do an updated review, or update these old reviews with what’s going on if I can figure it out.

57 Cheri M. December 11, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I think you might be right Anna..I was just trying figure out how to save myself from applying to the same company twice if that was the case! LOL

58 Jason Hairston January 27, 2014 at 11:19 am

Does anyone know how long after you take the 3 assessments after the third interview does asurion let you know whether you have the job or not.

59 Tanis January 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I applied at asurion, just had an interview today and goign for a group interview friday . I got sent an online assessment , was a process wehre it tells you what to do and you get 2 trys, was 27 questions but It then loged out , is that all there was to the onlien assessment ?

60 Anita February 2, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Hey Guys, just sent back my paperwork to Asurion. I’m going to be in Feb. 17 class. Worked at home before with Convergys/Directv.-This seems a little less complicated. Wish me luck. I’ll update on my progress.

61 lacey February 5, 2014 at 12:40 pm

When did you interview? What carrier will you be working with? How did they contact you? Did call to let you know you had the job or emailed you? I know I got a lot of questions but I just need to know what going on?

62 Tan February 3, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I had an interview today I thought it went well , but I’m wondering why she didn’t schedule me for a second interview?? She said that she would foreword my information to a human resources and someone would contact me . I feel like that meant I would not be making it to the next step. I have plenty of experience and 10months of working from home . Just curious!

63 lacey February 5, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I had my third interview Friday, January 31st with Asurion. It went and the manager said she was very impressed and would forward my information to human resource. Anyone knows how does this process take? Do they call you back from a private number to offer the job or a number from the carrier on which you will be working with. When I went on my 2nd virtual interview listening to calls one manager said they next training class was with Verizon and a Verizon called me today 2/4/14, I called it back but I couldn’t get through. Any had this problem?

64 ash March 12, 2014 at 9:25 pm

What kind of background checks do they do nationwide or just state wide please help!!!!

65 sakinah March 15, 2014 at 11:50 am

they use sterling. i think its statewide background check. does anyone have tips on the I9 process. They make it seem so scary.

66 Eboni March 19, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Well, I have applied for the Asurion Work at Home position on 3/11/2014. I got the call 2 days ago to set up an appointment for the Virtual chair to listen in on some phone calls. I had the phone interview this evening and I was told it would be about 45 minutes. My interview lasted for 1 1/2 hrs so I am not sure if that is a good sign or not. I was told that my info will be forwarded to human resources and that I should hear back from someone within a few days. Is that a good sign or not? I have almost 2 years of call center experience. This job would be perfect for me, especially since I have school aged children. Any insight would be appreciated!

67 Eboni March 21, 2014 at 9:39 am

Hi! Just got an update. I had a phone interview on Wednesday evening. It went well because I just checked my email and received an email saying that I am moving on to the next step. Now I have to listen in on the conference call today and make sure that I have all of my equipment requirements completed before my training class on 4/21/14. I am very excited!!

68 Anna T March 21, 2014 at 9:58 am

Great news, Eboni! Good luck!

69 Eboni March 21, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Thank you Anna! I will keep everyone posted with my progress soon! And I am so glad that I found this page!

70 Hannah April 2, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Do you know which project you’ll be working on? I’m trying to figure out when the class starts for the one I’ve interviewed for. It’s satellite support… like for TVs and stuff. I am supposed to have a hiring decision today or tomorrow. No news yet though.

71 maggie March 21, 2014 at 11:49 am

You go girl!!!Good luck !:)

72 Eboni March 21, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Thank you Maggie!

73 Eboni March 27, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Update! I have completed the drug testing and background check so I am cleared to go. My schedule will be from 1pm-10pm EST during the weekdays and from 12:30-9:30pm on Saturdays, with me being off on Sundays and Wednesdays. I am fortunate enough for me to get a job with benefits, especially with this ObamaCare and with the economy being the way it is. And as far as Saturdays, what I can’t do on Saturdays, I can do it on Sundays. At least I won’t be stuck in traffic, I am not wasting money on gas. The beauty of working from home! Now I have to do a computer check and have the system set up on my computer on Monday, but other than that I am excited. My training starts on April 21st so once I am done with training, I will post another update on what happened during that time.

74 Anna T March 27, 2014 at 6:10 pm

So happy to hear things are moving right along! Congrats, Eboni!

75 Janelle M. March 28, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Hey Eboni that’s great! I have a question, how long did it take after you applied and took the assessment to get a interview or email? It’s been a week for me and I don’t even know if I passed the assessment or not. Also, I noticed that they have two different positions. One dealing with wireless claims etc and the other one deals with Directtv troubleshooting billing etc. I hear the wireless claims is the better option of the two. Which one did you get hired for? Thanks in advance.

76 Timika Henderson March 29, 2014 at 1:34 am

Hello everyone! I am so excited that this thread is still alive! I have completed my second interview yesterday and am waiting for call today @ 11pm eastern time from a manager for my 3rd interview. I feel as though I will get the job. I have read every comment on this thread but haven’t been able to find out what days would we get paid? I wonder how the pay period goes. Does anybody know??
Thanks in advance !

77 Eboni March 29, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Congrats and good luck Timika! I will find out the pay period when training starts. I will post it here. @Janelle M. The hiring processing took me 8 days in total. After filling out the invitation, the page opened up for me to do the assessment. It took 72 hours before I received any news. I got a phone call stating that I should call someone about more info. From them, after speaking with the recruiter, she scheduled me for an assessment, which was basically listening in on some phone calls. Being vocal and paying attention to detail really helps. From there I had my phone interview later in the evening. I had a feeling that I got the job but I didn’t want to get my hopes up. 48 hours later, I received an email offering the position to me. And from what I was told, I will be handling wireless claims, which is great. I say give it about a week more. Good luck! And thanks for your kind words Anna!

78 Janelle M. March 31, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Thank you for all the information! I will give it more time….also when you say you got a call telling you to call for more information, was that a automated call? I have a number for asurion recruiting but I’m not sure to call…I wonder if it’s best to wait and have them call me lol but I don’t want to be rejected lol. Well I’ll give them more time…thx

79 Eboni April 2, 2014 at 9:05 am

Hi Janelle M! Well, the recruiter will call you and give you more information about the position and ask you a few questions. It’s pretty much like a mini interview. And then, if he or she feels like you would be a good fit, you will be scheduled for the next step, which would be listening in on some phone calls. From there, if you are still interested, you will be scheduled for the next interview. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

80 Janelle M. April 4, 2014 at 7:10 pm

So I got the nerve and called the number lol. The guy said they had received my application but the resume wasn’t attached even though it says it was smh! Well he asked me to email my resume to him and would give me a call back. He called me back and did a basic interview and said he was moving me to the next step. He set me up for a virtual share and another interview right after the virtual share. The virtual share and the interview went well. I have over 5 years of call center experience so I’m used to those type of interviews. I had examples for dayyyyss to give the interviewer lol. She was really nice and said that they are actively hiring and have training classes starting every week! So she said I should hear back by Friday(today), or no later than Monday. I’ve been checking my email and looking at my phone all day! I was hoping to hear back today but its getting late so now I’ll be anxious all weekend waiting for Monday to come…..smh lol. Eboni did you receive a email offer or did they personally call you? And if you don’t mind, what state do you live in? I’m in North Carolina and I heard people say the I9 process is hard….were you able to easily find someone to do your I9? Thanks..

81 Hannah April 2, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Well, I have gone through all the interviews, I’m waiting a hiring decision I believe – it’s for the Satellite support. Pay is $9.50/hour. It is 24/7 so I’m hoping to get an overnight schedule. I work overnight now, but I commute. I love those hours. :)

I’m trying to figure out when the training class starts for the satellite support class. Can anyone answer me that? I REALLY want to quit my current job, but I can’t do that if it’ll be a long time before the class starts. That’s assuming I get hired of course.

82 Eboni April 3, 2014 at 10:28 am

Keep us posted Hannah! I was hired a few weeks ago and my training doesn’t start until April 21st. But time is going by fast, so it will be here before you know it.

83 Hannah April 4, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Well, I didn’t get the job. No idea why, I have excessive related experience and I thought I did well on the interviews. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else.

84 ms james April 9, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Hello I was invited to do an online assessment, after that I had a phone call interview where it was auto recorded and they ask me 10 questions I had to answer did anyone do this? 1 day later I got an email saying that I was moving on to the next step and someone would contact me by. I had a short phone interview with hiring agent or human resource wasn’t sure? then with a Chester guy today April 9th my call lasted 50mins or so, then after that he said he will forward my info on to the HR if I am approved I will hear from them in 48-72 hrs. I thought I did well but like Hannah I have call center experience but im hoping I will pass
does anyone know if I will lol or been threw this process before?
. I even work from home now with West Corp. Its an at home job, I work on a project called Dominion Gas, if anyone looking for work at home can apply http://www.westathome.com YES its LEGIT I been there 6 years, but need extra income with all my side projects

85 Eboni April 15, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the job Hannah. I hope that you get good news soon. Ms James, I went through the same process. If you are chosen, you will receive an email. It’s been 6 days since you’ve posted. Any news yet?

86 Niesha April 17, 2014 at 8:01 am

Hello eboni I was wondering how was your training going im getting ready to fill out my papaer work today and waiting for the computer scan which im nervous about but I have windows 8 but hoping my processor meet up to their standards.

87 Eboni April 17, 2014 at 10:25 am

Hi Niesha! Congrats! My training starts on Monday. There is a lot of paperwork to do but it’s ok. Just pace yourself. I have a Windows 8 computer and the scan turned out well. When does your training start? Don’t forget to complete another user on your computer with “Asurion”. It is required before you tech walkthrough. Email me at eboni.campbell@live.com so that we can chat!

88 ms james April 20, 2014 at 1:24 pm

hi eboni I did get the job im waiting for m drug test to come back I’m sure I will pass. I start my training with direct TV on may 5th. that gives my other @ home position 2 weeks notice.

I know you start yours Monday April 21st? do you know what the test will be like while we doing training? I heard there is test with in test, do you have direct tv or Verizon insurance? When do we get paid 3weeks after training start or 2 weeks? this seems like a good position, im currently working with West At Home, on project with dominion over the last 6 years, they offer you no benefits the way asuroin does. I hate to leave but I have to do other things to reach my personal goals!
let me know about the first training day I can be reached at badukadi@yahoo.com to talk about asurin only Good luck Monday!