Pearson Scoring At Home

Pearson is a company that hires people to work from home scoring student assessment tests. They have been in existence for 50 years and are considered one of the leading companies to use for scoring by most academic institutions and educational professionals.

How much does Pearson scoring at home pay?

People who are hired to score assessment tests with Pearson are paid a flat rate of $10 per hour. However, there are opportunities to make more. Workers who do an excellent job are often given a higher rate of pay. Pearson also has many projects available for people who are bilingual, and these typically pay more. It’s additionally possible to earn slightly more money by working after 7 p.m. They pay with direct deposit.

What are the requirements to be a scorer for Pearson?

Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree from a university or college located in the United States. It’s also necessary to have a stable phone and Internet connection as well as a quiet environment to work.

Does Pearson hire people outside the United States?

Pearson hires only U.S. citizens, resident aliens, and people who can work in the U.S. legally.

How do you apply to work for Pearson scoring?

There’s an application to fill out online as well as a survey to take so they can determine whether or not a person is a good candidate for the job. A trial scoring session must also be passed. After a person has been accepted, the training process begins. Everyone is paid for training, fortunately. Once hired, it’s necessary to commit to at least 20 hours per week, but the times a person works are very flexible. There’s no set time just as long as the 20 hour minimum is met.

Does Pearson scoring at home offer benefits?

Yes! They offer health insurance through America’s HealthPlan Consultants that will cover not only the person working but also that person’s entire family. This is unusual because most work from home jobs do not offer insurance.

What do people say about working for Pearson scoring?

It’s a gig most people are happy with. Unfortunately, not everyone can do this because of the requirements for a college degree. If you have at least a Bachelor’s degree and need to find something to do from home, this might be ideal!

You can go here to apply to work for Pearson.

Comments

• Terree says

Do you know if work experience will qualify as a degree they are seeking?
        Oh and I am so Happy to find YOU!
        Great information and such a detailed site for the work at home crowd!!!
        Thanks

Terree

• says

I am not sure if it would qualify, but you could always apply and note your work experience on your resume. Definitely worth a try! Good luck!!

• Amy says

All of the scoring projects require that you have a Bachelor’s degree. to become a scorer and they prefer that you have teaching experience.

• Amy says

I have been scoring for Pearson during the spring state standardized testing season for 6 years now, 2012 will be my 7th year and I enjoy it. I’m able to work from home. Altogether it’s only about 6 weeks between the two projects that I normally work on, but that’s 6 weeks worth of pay more than I had before! The hours are very flexible. You can grade early morning to late at night, there are hours on the weekend as well. It’s worked out nicely for me to be able to grade around the schedule of our little ones.

1. April says

I would be interested in learning more about Pearson. Unfortunately, the links aren’t working…I am guessing maybe this is because they will not be accepting applications until the end of the year? I will definitely keep checking on this!

2. April says

From what I can tell, this doesn’t look to be a work-at-home job. It looks like you just go into one of the scoring centers whenever you want to work. I emailed the scoring center nearest me (which is still in another state…so its a no go if I have to go there) and asked them, but I haven’t heard back yet. I currently make my income writing, so I love all of the opportunities you have listed here! Thanks!

• says

Here you go April, I found this:

They do occasionally hire home scorers, but this page states that right now they are not open to hiring any home scorers. But I think this is the page they update when they are hiring home scorers, so it might be a good idea to bookmark it and check again. It says they will be hiring for home workers in the later part of the year. And of course I will update this page if I hear they are hiring again. I should probably replace the link I have on the page with this one since it provides hiring info for the home-based scoring jobs. Thanks April!

3. Diana says

Thank you Amy! I didn’t get a chance to apply for the home scorers, but hopefully they’ll open up again in the future.

4. Marissa says

I signed up for Pearson Scoring but because I’m working from home they asked me to send in notarized paperwork to prove I’m authorized to work in the USA. When I went in the notary commented that they ask for a lot of personal information (copies of my passport). Now I’m worried about the legitimacy of the company. Can anyone help alleviate my fears?

• says

Hi Marissa,
      I haven’t done work for them, but several others have and they are legitimate as far as I know. You can do a search for Pearson on WAHM.com or the Work Place Like Home forum and find several threads where people are talking about working for them. Still, if you don’t feel comfortable applying or giving out certain info they’re asking for, you might want to contact them and explain your concerns.

5. laura says

Pearson is a real company. I work for them now in their scoring center in mesa, az and have driven by their huge production and scoring center in iowa city, iowa thousands of times. They require bachelors degrees and verify them through a third party.

6. Heather says

I just applied, literally! I was asked if I was interested in a supervisory role as well. I am uncertain whether that is general protocol. I will re-post as things progress.

7. Linda says

I’ve worked for Pearson on and off for over 10 years. They are a large company and one of the major players in school testing. I started out working for them at one of the local testing centers on site. I started working for home for them a few years back. The work only last a few weeks during the scoring periods so it only a little extra money but pay can increase once you’ve been with them a while and have good production. Although I’ve been with them for years I had to send in notarized paperwork when I started at home work and once again a year ago. It actually gives you an idea of just how legitimate they are. You are an employee when you are working, not a contract worker so they need proof of eligibility to work. Most at home work is contract. You hours build up over the years you work for them if it is only a couple of weeks which, again affects your pay. If there is a scoring center in your state located nearby it would be good to work on site if you get a chance to help with understanding the work better.

8. Jana says

I have scored for PEarson as an at-home scorer since 2009. Great company, very flexible to work with especiall if you have kids at home. Not for everyone – especialy if you need consistent year-round income but since you can work whenever (typically anytime between 7 am – 11 pm central time) it is easy to work around another job. They get high reviews from me!

9. Cheryl says

Is there a way to contact Pearsons for a bit more info on the scoring at home jobs. It would be nice to have some basic questions answered before applying.

Cheryl

10. Texas Scoring Inquiry says

I recently completed scoring at the Virginia Beach, VA site and understand there may be at home opportunities for the TEXAS project. I have successfully scored and would like to work at home on this project.