Join Pinecone Research for the Top Paid Surveys Online!

by Anna T · 20 comments

in Extra Cash, Paid Surveys, Product Testing

pinecone research

Pinecone Research is pretty much the most coveted survey panel in existence. It seems everyone wants to be a member, but becoming a member is a bit of a challenge because Pinecone doesn’t accept applicants all the time. Sometimes existing panelists can send referral invitations to people they know to join, but they get just a limited number of these. Pinecone has been around since 1999 and even though the panel has gone through some significant changes since then, they remain one of the most sought after survey companies to join up with.

How much does Pinecone pay per survey?

Pinecone pays $3 per survey taken. This amount used to be $5 per survey, but in the past few years they’ve lowered their rate. Not every survey offered pays in cash — some just offer sweepstakes entries. Pinecone also sends out invitations for product testing fairly regularly. The product tests may or may not come with cash incentives.

Update 4/4/13 – Pinecone has made the decision to switch to paying in points. However, the points are redeemable for cash. The amount per survey is technically the same.

How and when does Pinecone pay?

Pinecone will pay you with either a check or Paypal – your choice. Checks are processed and mailed usually within one day after you take a survey. You are also normally paid by the next day after you complete a survey if you use the Paypal option.

How does signing up for Pinecone work?

Signing up is actually the trickiest part of the whole process! You need to get lucky and catch them when they’re taking applicants, which isn’t all the time. One way is to find one of their banners and join through it, or you can get a referral invitation from an existing panelist. I can sometimes share the banners or links if I know they are recruiting.

Does Pinecone accept applicants from countries outside the U.S.?

Yes! You can sign up for Pinecone if you live in the UK, Canada, or Germany.

How often do survey invitations come in from Pinecone?

This number varies a lot. Some people get survey invitations a few times per week, and other people only get a few per month. You can probably count on at least one survey invitation per month, usually more.

Is Pinecone worth bothering with?

Quite obviously, Pinecone is not going to pay your bills — this is just an extra money gig at best. But if you’re like me, you never mind a few dollars or even a little change coming into your Paypal account here and there from different sources. And as I’ve always stated in the past, you can earn a decent little weekly income from participating in enough extra money gigs even if none of them alone are enough to amount to what an actual job would pay. The surveys are easy and generally do not take more than 15 minutes to complete. I say bother with it if taking paid surveys is something you enjoy or think you would enjoy. When it comes to the top paid surveys online, Pinecone is probably number one. Even though $3 per survey is not a lot of money, many other survey companies offer less than this for surveys that take much longer.

Sign-Up Links

If they do not accept you at this time, try again at a later date.

If you are interested in making extra money online taking paid surveys, you will want to check out my e-book that provides super detailed information on paid surveys, how they work, how they pay, and which panels to use. It is currently available at Amazon. No kindle? No worries! Amazon has a free cloud reader that lets you read ebooks on any device, including your computer.

Go here to download Your Guide to Taking Paid Surveys For Extra Cash.

Note: This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.

1 Chrystal April 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Love that place! I have been a member there for about 6 years!

2 Angie April 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I had an account over there years ago…I wonder if it is still active.

3 Miranda April 27, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I have tried for a couple of years to get into Pinecone. I think it is now more of the challenge that makes me want to get in than the actual money. lol.

4 Lisa April 27, 2011 at 7:30 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve completed a survey for them. But, when I was active, I found them to be on time with payment…no problems whatsoever.

5 Bailey April 28, 2011 at 9:37 am

It sounds like a great way to earn some extra cash if you happen to get in at the right time.

6 Terese April 28, 2011 at 11:00 am

Hi, Anna: I’ve never done the survey thing, but I know several work-at-home moms that have been successful with this company. I

7 ebele May 5, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I’m with Pinecone (the UK one). Been with them for a few years or so. On average I get a survey a month from them, and though that doesn’t add up to a lot money-wise, it’s a fairly painless way to earn a few.

8 Winston June 20, 2011 at 10:05 am

If anybody is able to invite, please send me an invite?

9 Anna June 20, 2011 at 10:31 am

Winston, you can sign up for Pinecone USA here without an invite:

10 Kat July 5, 2011 at 10:15 am

I’m really keen to get into the UK version of pinecone, if anyone has an invite I would be So thankful! :)

11 Anna July 5, 2011 at 10:17 am

Kat, check this link regularly: http://www.amylynn.org/home/pinecone It’s a very good website with all kinds of survey links, and she frequently posts when Pinecone is hiring — also Pinecone U.K. Right now she says they are open and she has the link where you can apply directly without an invitation, but when I click it at the moment it says the Pinecone site is down :( Keep trying it though. You should be able to apply this way without an invite.

12 sether August 28, 2011 at 6:05 am

Do they allow Philippine residents to join now? :/

13 sether August 28, 2011 at 6:13 am

My bad, the site is great but it isn’t for me since I am not a US resident. You should not have a market research background too because they ask you first using the form. It really isn’t for me.

14 Alisa July 5, 2012 at 9:52 pm

This is a great company to work for, I have been paid twice by them!!!!

15 Jean H April 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Pine Cone was great for awhile but now you get points to cash in for merchandise instead of the $3 a survey.

16 Anna April 28, 2013 at 6:30 am

You can trade your points in for cash, too, and it’s still $3 a survey if you do that. I think they also have Amazon gift cards, so overall their points transition isn’t such a bad thing since the $3 a survey option is still there.

17 Frank Neeley November 2, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I use to be on pinecone research. I enjoyed it. Not just for the money more for being a voice and heard. It was fun get a product in the mail and check it out! And then be able to be honest with out prejudice on either side. I would like to sign back up, but don’t know how. A friend recommended me then. What do I do? Thanks. Frank Neeley

18 Anna T November 2, 2013 at 4:59 pm

There should be a link in this post that will take you to the registration page, Frank. They may or may not be looking for your demographic right now, but you can always give it a try at anytime.

19 Kathy May 19, 2014 at 11:20 pm

I’ve been with Pinecone for about 18 months now and love it! I average about $12 per month. I always complete the information surveys (which are short and unpaid) and then almost always get a paid survey to take. I’m just letting the $$ accumulate in my paypal account for Christmas.

I think I found them via this site. Thanks for all your hard work!

20 Anna T May 20, 2014 at 6:10 pm