Microworkers Short Task Site

in Extra Cash, Non-Phone, Task Sites

short tasks for microworkersMicroworkers is a task site, similar to Cloud Crowd. You get paid for each “task” you complete. Some things you might do on Microworkers are “like” various Facebook pages, post things on forums, follow people on Twitter, and so on. It’s pretty easy stuff.

How much does Microworkers pay?

The pay is per task. Easier things pay less, and harder things pay more. Some tasks might pay as little as .10 cents each, while others might pay a few dollars.

When does Microworkers pay?

You can request payout from Microworkers as soon as you have accumulated at least $9 in earnings. It takes them 30 days to process your payment from the date you request it.

What payment methods does Microworkers use?

Microworkers pays through MoneyBookers or AlertPay.

How hard is it to get accepted by Microworkers?

It’s easy. You just have to sign up and start choosing tasks. There’s no tests or anything to take. They’ll even give you a $1 just for signing up.

Is Microworkers strict about the quality of work?

Because all tasks are put up by different individuals, the answer to this question varies. The person who puts up the tasks has to rate it either “satisfied” or “not satisfied” after you complete it. If you do a task that is not satisfactory, you will not be paid. You must maintain a level of 75 percent satisfactory work to stay on with Microworkers.

Is Microworkers open to people outside the United States?

Yes. In addition to the United States, people from the UK, Canada, Indonesia, and many other countries may apply.

Does Microworkers have a referral program?

Microworkers had a referral program in the past, but I believe that they have expired it.

Where can you sign up for Microworkers?

You can visit this link to sign up.

1 umer farooq July 31, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I great post about micro worker. How to get referral link from micro worker.

2 Anna July 31, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I am going to have to double-check, but I think MicroWorkers might have done away with their referral program. I will let you know when I find out for sure.

3 Anna October 31, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Umer, sorry for the delay in responding. I do not believe that Microworkers has a referral program any longer.

4 Gidget October 31, 2011 at 11:42 am

I’ve been using this for a few days now and have earned about $25. I imagine I can make alot more if I dedicate about 8 hrs to this. I didn’t see anything about a referral program. I also didn’t find an option for check or Paypal. It says Alertpay or Moneybookers. Does anyone know anything about these 2 companies. And can either of them transfer money to my bank acct? Also I was wondering about fees or any other info, thanks

5 Anna October 31, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I am going to have to update this review as it appears this company has changed a lot since my initial review. I know that Alertpay and Moneybookers are both OK to use, but I don’t know as much about them as I do Paypal. Also, I think Microworkers used to have a referral program and now they don’t.

Gidget if I find out anything about Moneybookers or Alert Pay, I will let you know.

6 Anna October 31, 2011 at 12:12 pm

OK – MoneyBookers is changing over to a company called Skrill. You can read about them here: http://corporate.skrill.com/ Just like with Paypal, you can link your account to your bank and get your money sent there when it goes into your Skrill account.

AlertPay works the same – send or receive money by linking your AlertPay account to your credit card or bank: https://www.alertpay.com/en/Default.aspx

7 Gidget October 31, 2011 at 12:54 pm

thanks anna, is there anyone here that uses either? I was wondering about fees. If not, I’ll do the research when I get back, have to run and go shopping armed with coupons and pay nothing! :D

8 Anna October 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm

It looks like on AlertPay receiving money is free. It’s also free to request money on Moneybookers. There are some small fees for sending money though (like if you’re paying someone else).

If you do check withdrawal on Moneybookers, there is a $4 charge.

Here’s the page on fees for AlertPay: https://helpdesk.alertpay.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=20&pcid=0&nav=0

And the page about them on Moneybookers: http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees

Basically, it looks like you’re good to go as long as you need to receive money and not send it to someone else (unless you’re asking for your funds via check)

9 Gidget October 31, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Prob doesn’t matter, it took me no time to get $25, I’ll wait until it gets to $100 before I withdraw. This is soooo better than ChaCha! One lady paid me $1 to like her fb page, but that’s unusual, most are about .35

10 Anna October 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm

That is awesome! I may have to start doing this some myself!

11 Gidget October 31, 2011 at 1:55 pm

what is the difference between a bank wire and bank transfer?

I think that if I tried it for 8 hrs with 2 breaks, it would be pretty good money. That $25 was just for a few hrs over a couple of days

12 Anna October 31, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I am thinking that bank wire is something that happens almost instantly, but that there is a rather large fee for. I know that when I do a wire transfer at my bank, they charge about $15, but the money gets where I need to send it that day.

I think a bank transfer is just a normal transfer and doesn’t cost anything but could take up to 3-5 days to complete.

13 Gidget December 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Ok, got paid! :D

Just checked my bank acct and there’s $62 more than last night.
It took abt 21 days to get the pin from Skrill, formerly Moneybookers.
I’ve made over $100 on Microworkers since my last post. After I got the pin, I immediately put in for a bank transfer. It’s not immediate, but took a few days. This was over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Not sure of the inner workings or if it’s done manually, but as skeptical I was of this company it’s totally legit! Going shopping now!

14 Anna December 8, 2011 at 9:08 am

Yay Gidget! That’s awesome news :) I’m so glad to hear you got paid. Enjoy your shopping, and thank you for coming back to update me!

15 Gidget December 10, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Not even a problem, Anna! I am so grateful to you and your site. For years, I’ve gone to workplacelikehome.com, and I found WAHM when I couldn’t remember the first one I mentioned. On WAHM, I found an ad listing and I followed it and almost got scammed for a couple hundred dollars. But I found a comment from you about your site. I tell everyone I know who’s interested in work at home jobs about your site. So those who are skeptical about Microworkers, don’t be. But once you get started, immediately sign up for Moneybookers (Skrill, new name) or AlertPay. I use Skrill. You will get pins when you sign up, but also have to wait for a mailed pin. So while you’re waiting, just do the tasks and the money will add up. I talked to a guy who accumulated almost $500 while waiting for his pin!

Also, I like the re-vamped site.

I’m going to comment other things I’ve tried from learning about it here. Is it still ok to leave referral links?

Thanks again, Anna

16 Anna December 11, 2011 at 8:29 am

Thanks Gidget for the compliments and helpful info. And yes, of course you are welcome to leave your referral links anytime :)

17 Alisa June 13, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Hey Anna, I was wondering if the Microworker site was still worth checking out and also how much could someone actually make an hr/day on there?

18 Anna June 14, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I think it’s an OK site to use for extra money, but I can’t say for sure how much you could do in an hour. I know when I’ve logged in before I’ve had a hard time finding tasks that I really wanted to do.