Review of Microworkers – A Popular Short Task Site

short tasks for microworkersMicroworkers is a short task site. You get paid for each “task” you complete. Some things you might do on Microworkers are “like” various Facebook pages, post things on forums, follow people on Twitter, and so on. It’s pretty easy stuff.

How much does Microworkers pay?

The pay is per task. Easier things pay less, and harder things pay more. Some tasks might pay as little as .10 cents each, while others might pay a few dollars. Also, some tasks you will do will get approved instantly while you may have to wait for others. Some tasks will take up to seven days to get approved.

When does Microworkers pay?

You can request payout from Microworkers as soon as you have accumulated at least $9 in earnings. It can take up to 30 days to get paid — especially for your first payment because Microworkers has to mail you a pin number unique to you before you can be paid. The people who run Microworkers are in a different country, so it can take a while to get it. You will not be able to be paid the first time until you receive this pin and put it in.

Microworkers generally processes all payments on Monday, so it would be possible to get paid every week (after your first payment) as long as you did have that $9 accumulated.

What payment methods does Microworkers use?

Microworkers pays through Paypal or Skrill (Moneybookers). All payments are made in US dollars.

How hard is it to get accepted by Microworkers?

It’s easy. You just have to sign up and start choosing tasks. There’s no tests or anything to take. They’ll even give you a $1 just for signing up.

Is Microworkers strict about the quality of work?

Because all tasks are put up by different individuals, the answer to this question varies. The person who puts up the tasks has to rate it either “satisfied” or “not satisfied” after you complete it. If you do a task that is not satisfactory, you will not be paid. You must maintain a level of 75 percent satisfactory work to stay on with Microworkers.

Is Microworkers open to people outside the United States?

Yes. In addition to the United States, people from the UK, Canada, Indonesia, and many other countries may apply.

Does Microworkers have a referral program?

Microworkers had a referral program in the past, but I believe that they have expired it.

Where can you sign up for Microworkers?

You can visit this link to sign up.

Comments

1. Gidget says

I’ve been using this for a few days now and have earned about $25. I imagine I can make alot more if I dedicate about 8 hrs to this. I didn’t see anything about a referral program. I also didn’t find an option for check or Paypal. It says Alertpay or Moneybookers. Does anyone know anything about these 2 companies. And can either of them transfer money to my bank acct? Also I was wondering about fees or any other info, thanks

• says

I am going to have to update this review as it appears this company has changed a lot since my initial review. I know that Alertpay and Moneybookers are both OK to use, but I don’t know as much about them as I do Paypal. Also, I think Microworkers used to have a referral program and now they don’t.

Gidget if I find out anything about Moneybookers or Alert Pay, I will let you know.

2. Gidget says

thanks anna, is there anyone here that uses either? I was wondering about fees. If not, I’ll do the research when I get back, have to run and go shopping armed with coupons and pay nothing! :D

3. Gidget says

Prob doesn’t matter, it took me no time to get $25, I’ll wait until it gets to $100 before I withdraw. This is soooo better than ChaCha! One lady paid me $1 to like her fb page, but that’s unusual, most are about .35

4. Gidget says

what is the difference between a bank wire and bank transfer?

I think that if I tried it for 8 hrs with 2 breaks, it would be pretty good money. That $25 was just for a few hrs over a couple of days

• Anna says

I am thinking that bank wire is something that happens almost instantly, but that there is a rather large fee for. I know that when I do a wire transfer at my bank, they charge about $15, but the money gets where I need to send it that day.

I think a bank transfer is just a normal transfer and doesn’t cost anything but could take up to 3-5 days to complete.

5. Gidget says

Ok, got paid! :D

Just checked my bank acct and there’s $62 more than last night.
    It took abt 21 days to get the pin from Skrill, formerly Moneybookers.
    I’ve made over $100 on Microworkers since my last post. After I got the pin, I immediately put in for a bank transfer. It’s not immediate, but took a few days. This was over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Not sure of the inner workings or if it’s done manually, but as skeptical I was of this company it’s totally legit! Going shopping now!

6. Gidget says

Not even a problem, Anna! I am so grateful to you and your site. For years, I’ve gone to workplacelikehome.com, and I found WAHM when I couldn’t remember the first one I mentioned. On WAHM, I found an ad listing and I followed it and almost got scammed for a couple hundred dollars. But I found a comment from you about your site. I tell everyone I know who’s interested in work at home jobs about your site. So those who are skeptical about Microworkers, don’t be. But once you get started, immediately sign up for Moneybookers (Skrill, new name) or AlertPay. I use Skrill. You will get pins when you sign up, but also have to wait for a mailed pin. So while you’re waiting, just do the tasks and the money will add up. I talked to a guy who accumulated almost $500 while waiting for his pin!

Also, I like the re-vamped site.

I’m going to comment other things I’ve tried from learning about it here. Is it still ok to leave referral links?

Thanks again, Anna

7. Alisa says

Hey Anna, I was wondering if the Microworker site was still worth checking out and also how much could someone actually make an hr/day on there?

• says

I think it’s an OK site to use for extra money, but I can’t say for sure how much you could do in an hour. I know when I’ve logged in before I’ve had a hard time finding tasks that I really wanted to do.

8. Brian says

I just wanted to post my recent experience with Microworkers.

I’ve tried to cash out twice with this company and haven’t received a dime. The first time that I tried to cash out was in May, they are supposed to send you a PIN in the mail (sigh), and they say it can take up to 30 days to receive it. About 30 days later, I sent a message to support and they say to try again. I withdrawal once again, and still haven’t received anything from them. Support isn’t helpful at all, and the company resides in the U.S. and I live in Canada, so I don’t see the mail being an issue. I finally gave up a few days ago and used to money towards some tasks that I created.

Has anyone been paid by them?

9. esther says

this morning i did about 5 tasks (signed up last night). i completed them fully. when i checked the section that said ‘tasks i finished’, it said 0 jobs finished. what is with that!? has anyone else had this experience. i was really looking forward to completing some work on this site and now i feel like i did something for nothing :-(